Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 12, 2011 -> 03:34 PM) A Carter is just not having a good season. Seems to me he's having more bad luck judging by his BABIP. The sleeper Gallagher with a nice OBP.
  2. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2011 -> 11:28 AM) Atlanta is relocating to Winnipeg, it's official. Good. Lets ask them not to match (or trade) Andrew Ladd too in the off-season to us. (rumors were he wouldn't sign if they relocated) QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 12, 2011 -> 11:40 PM) They'll get smoked by the nucks and you have to blow up that team at this point. Agreed and I think Boston is the only team that can actually beat the Canucks whose left.
  3. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 11, 2011 -> 03:59 AM) I don't think I could just up and become a Brewers fan or a fan of some other random team. And I'd certainly never become a Cubs fan. Interesting question though. Agreed completely. I'll discuss baseball with teams I like (for example Rockies or Rays) but I would not have the same rooting interest. If Sox left.. well.. it's Bulls, Bears (ugh..) B-Hawks for me.
  4. Possibly 5 years eh? I guess he'll be on another version of "Around the Horn."
  5. QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:00 PM) He will get hit by a pitch eventually He's been hit already once this year. It is quite odd to see him not have a walk yet, even for him who was never really a walks machine in the minors. (though not Viciedo bad)
  6. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2011 -> 07:01 AM) Brandon Phillips has made a couple plays similar to Konerko's last night. That said, amazing play by PK. Not to mention Sam Fuld literally making 2 or 3 of the top plays of the year by himself. That was still a great play though by PK.
  7. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Danks sportin a .928 OPS.
  8. Ugh Canucks advance.. I'm gonna throw up.
  9. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2011 -> 01:16 AM) DANKS DID NOT STRIKE OUT. He was the only player in the lineup that didn't. That is quite odd. And I really like Ryan Buch. Becoming one of my favorites to follow.
  10. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:11 AM) Picture a 2nd adam dunn in the lineup right now. Not the good Adam Dunn, the post-appendix-removal Adam Dunn. that's effectively what Tyler Flowers would be. And I knew you couldn't resist replying after my quote.
  11. Will be at work, so won't watch.. I don't like our chances this series.
  12. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 8, 2011 -> 01:45 PM) Oh last night was fun, fun fun fun fun QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 9, 2011 -> 02:16 AM) Great weekend. Can't complain either boys. Damn good weekend.
  13. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:01 PM) Tyler Flowers would be hitting .150/.175 in the bigs and be on pace for 250 k's. And still would have a better OBP than A.J.
  14. Usually the Bulls half court set has alot of movement creating match-up problems for the opposition. Tonight however, was give Derrick the ball at the top of the key and.. just watch.
  15. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:07 PM) It's not even Thompson. It's just I have no faith in this franchise to develop anything. Which is kinda contradictory. Because then I would have to assume that Scheppers, Trout or Wilson wouldn't do s*** under our watch. But that's just more proof of how inadequate we are. I would say the pitching has developed better with us than the hitting. Hell not even whose currently with the org. but whose gone and had success. (like my boy Gio)
  16. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:00 PM) Gasol isn't a p****, he is more of a finese big man, but that doesn't mean he's a p****. That p**** helped the Lakers win two titles. Thats just my personal opinion of how he plays (same with Bosh). Both are tremendous players though.
  17. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:56 PM) No pass from me. These buffoons are cheap and inept. Not a good combination. Just think: Mike Trout, Tanner Scheppers and Austin Wilson were there to be had. But forget about that. Lets pay a 37-year old, PED user 4 million dollars for a month to suck. Whats that got to do with Thompson? He was a tremendous pick at #61. Those guys went well ahead (except Wilson who scared teams off and wasn't picked till the 12th round) of where the sox picked. I'd argue the Phegley pick more as we could of had Scheppers. (who I wanted at the time, though I did like Phegley)
  18. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:53 PM) The Gasol trade was what elevated them from a 7th/8th seed into a perennial title contender. It's amazing how clueless that dumbass fanbase is. They are right though.. he is a p****. And anyone else think Rose is gonna put on a show (well he always does but more tonight) for his mom?
  19. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:41 PM) If he's this overmatched at high A then he's fried. I understand he missed a year. But c'mon now. Jordan Danks is laughing at his K%. Thing is, he's not even taking walks anymore or even working the count. I've haven't listened to a game stream in a while but he was constantly 0-2, 1-2 in counts. Just not the same player who had better pitch recognition (or even more patient) from two years ago.
  20. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 05:52 PM) How the f*** do you K 5 times in a High A game? When you miss one full year of action. (AFL be damned) Why he didn't start the year in Kanny I'm still baffled by.
  21. I guess I should watch more often. Sox are now 3-0 in games I've watched. (I work the night shift so either I'll miss the games or they play when I'm asleep)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.