Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Who is this team’s LVP (Least Valuable Player)?
Exactly. It's either Moncada or Grandal and because I could only pick one I went with Grandal. Both guys were expected to produce 3-5 WAR and both have basically been replacement level. That's a lot to overcome. If the stars produced this season -1 WAR from a Leury type wouldn't really have mattered. An argument could be made for Giolito as well but as a pitcher he's just not going to contribute as much as a position player to good or bad.
-
8/28 Games
One for the last 110 years or so.
- 8.28 Snakes @ Sox Fire Everyone Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC
-
Perspective Desperately Needed
If you're the type to buy a another team's hat during a fallow period you're not really a hardcore Sox fan and shouldn't be posting this.
-
8/27 GT: Sox v. Snakes @ 610CT
- Heads Up: Site is all upgraded and we are back
Cool good luck.- 8/25- Sox at Orioles, 6:05
lol QUITE THE FUCKING BOX SCORE!- 8/24- Sox at Orioles, 6:05
287 obp at leadoff in late august.- White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)
"Into the Ground, a tale of the 2022 White Sox"- White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)
fuck this team.- White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)
Is this a post from opening day?- White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)
The only thing I'm afraid of is they won't sweep and our long summer nightmare will continue another week.- Unprecedented inaction?
That's a fair assessment. Hahn has strengths. He's a great negotiator in contracts and really seems be ahead of the curve on how they are evolving or at least was. He's strong as a dumpster diver for pitching and has done good work in the draft lately. That said his ability to find good staff and forge a holistic approach from top to bottom and bring in players that match that is objectively poor. Our coaching staff is a joke year after year. The trainers are a clown show. His record in FA is so bad you would think he'd get lucky once and while just from sheer randomness. But no. He's like zero for his tenure at bringing in both starting caliber players and depth moves. Overall he's a bottom third GM.- Unprecedented inaction?
I do believe "spineless yes man" is on the job listing for Sox GM. It's only when Michael took over the day to day operations on the Bulls that Garpax was shitcanned and a real outsider and independent thinker in AK was brought in.- Oriole Park - Camden Yards
I hit it up before I left NYC about 10 years ago. It is an awesome stadium. At some point take a walk around the entire stadium as the "open concourse" remains one of the best I've experienced. I stayed at the Days Inn by the stadium and honestly I can't recall a single thing I ate other than a hot dog at the ball game. Have fun.- White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)
- Unprecedented inaction?
Hahn as hostage is such a weird trope. GMs resign or switch teams all the damn time. Hahn loves making money with no accountability, quite the hostage.- Unprecedented inaction?
I think I'll become an active fan after JR dies or if Hahn is fired. Org needs a complete enema. Outside of a couple good trades that were necessitated by his own failure, Hahn has done nothing of note. We endured a tear down for this? Why is Lip back? Did they let him out of the old folks home at WSI?- White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)
inmates running the asylum.- White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)
joe kelly is a fucking loser just like this franchise.- 8/19 Gamethread: White Sox vs. The Artist Formerly Known As The I****ns, Lynn vs. McKenzie
Puke- 8/19 Gamethread: White Sox vs. The Artist Formerly Known As The I****ns, Lynn vs. McKenzie
busy at work, 4 hits, 2 runs, sounds about White Sox.- 8/19 Gamethread: White Sox vs. The Artist Formerly Known As The I****ns, Lynn vs. McKenzie
I've had shitty relationships and then there is Sox fandom.- 8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM
Smart FOs never assume that on whole the squad will play to their projections. They work night and day to cover worst case scenarios because this is real life, not a projection. The Sox just assumed Eloy would put up 5 WAR, Moncada would stay healthy, Robert was a 7 WAR MVP and so on and on and on. Well guess what -- if they had planned for a scenario like this they'd still be in a great position. But, a failure to plan results in failure usually.- 8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM
Sox will finish with 82 wins and the difference will be that they didn't bring in 2-3 WAR regulars at RF and 2B, like everybody fucking begged. - Heads Up: Site is all upgraded and we are back