southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: And that's a two games to win the series in Chicago WHITE SOX WINNER
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
National Anthem and Starting Introduction
FYI, the Trib is reporting Barak Obama will throw out the first pitch tonight. I haven't seen anything about the anthem singer.
-
What was up with todays crowd?
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:17 AM) I hear ya SSI, but IMO that's a lame crowd. It's easy to cheer when the team is up, the team NEEDS the support when it's trailing. Exactly. Its easy to wait until things are good to cheer. Its just like waiting until the team wins to get on the bandwagon IMO. Its lame.
-
Tickets
QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:17 AM) Where is the best place to hang out looking for tix at the park? IN the lots closest to the entrances.
-
I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB!!!!
QUOTE(Art Vandelay @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 03:30 PM) Congrats! I also work for a sinking ship....also looking for another job. I envy you The timing couldn't have been more perfect. The more that comes out, the more this is looking positively Enron-esque. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:53 PM) f***ING AWESOME MIKE. I know you've been looking hard and what great timing for the new job (with the child coming) and all. Congratulations...a beer on me next time I see ya I am saving this post! QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:59 PM) Can you still use the internet....? Congrats Mike, Not sure yet. I might be posting a lot less in the near future. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:16 PM) Awesome Mike. I'm going back to the cruise bidness myself next week. Good deal. Good luck man. Hopefully this time around works out better than the last time. QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:23 AM) Congrats man! Ahhh the wonders of Refco................. Its scary. I feel really bad for the sales people and the commission people. They are the ones who are up creek without a paddle right now.
-
Evolution, Creationism, & a middleground
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:54 AM) i dont think it would reaffirm any belief in democracy that he has, Juggs already thinks we are all narrow-minded and against him. Unfortunately, he doesnt seem to realize that he is the one that keeps throwing down the gauntlet to everyone else. but, but, but majority rules
-
Evolution, Creationism, & a middleground
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:39 AM) Come on SS2K5, thats what you call a boooooooo, you took out the funny in this conversation! Ah, you can always go back and read the first post again. That will start the laughter all over again. Heck I still think my test of Juggernauts belief in Democracy needs to be done. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=915099 PUT IT TO A VOTE!!!
-
Evolution, Creationism, & a middleground
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:32 AM) Its a startling lack of pirates in this world. I dont know why this theory hasnt been more thoroughly researched. I will be careful when I eat my marinara from now on. OH there are plenty of pirates in this world. Only today they have evolved and they are now called terrorists.
-
Luskin thinks his client (Rove) will be indicted
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 05:10 PM) In some places...not truthfully answering a federal prosecutor's questions while under oath is known as perjury. Well thankfully purjury isn't enough to get you convicted by Congress...
-
I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB!!!!
I can finally leave this damned sinking ship behind!!! I got myself a big raise and a move back onto the trading floor. Plus the company I work for is in a whole world of s*** for having a CEO setting up shell companies to funnel money to himself. Now they might be restating earnings all of the way back to 1998. WHAT A WEEK FOR ME
-
National Anthem and Starting Introduction
QUOTE(sin city sox fan @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 03:15 PM) Who the hell is Alice Peacock??? I'm glad I wasn't the only one asking that question.
-
Dan Patrick Show
I'm not usually one for stereotypes about the southside, but that was damned funny.
-
anyone else confused by this?
I don't know why, but lots of teams don't like to put all of their offense on one PP line. I guess its the whole putting your eggs in one basket thing.
-
Patty Patty Buke Buke
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:38 PM) Ditto. If you take what he stated to the fullest extreme, women shouldn't be allowed to vote, work outside the home or wear pants amongst other things. Also, African-Americans wouldn't be able to vote, own land, etc. Just because a "majority" might believe something, it doesn't necessarily make it right, it just makes it, well, a majority held opinion. Does that mean if a majority vote of Soxtalk posters was held, and they felt that Juggernaut should not post here, that Juggernaut would quit posting here? After all that would be democracy at its finest.
-
There is one thing Democrats are good at.
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:15 PM) The answer to your question "Are (our????) any of them proposing legislation..." is right up there. Avian Flu= not a threat to humans=holding up legislation Bridge to serve 35 people=$350 million= in highway bill legislation Makes sense to me.
-
Tough year for Natural Disasters
35,000 to 40,000 estimated dead. Rescue flights are halted because of heavy rains.
-
Free Agents after this year
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:12 PM) Am I the only one that doesn't want Bill Mueller? Unless we are getting a huge offensive upgrade at 3rd base, I am fine with Joe Crede.
-
Feelings...
QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 01:58 PM) Ewu. I ain't going that far.. And you call yourself a fan :headshake
-
Feelings...
QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 01:42 PM) No kissing Cotts while you are sick! We need this team healthy. Yeah, go kiss Damaso Marte, and Vlad Guerrero.
-
Fantasy Basketball
QUOTE(The Bones @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 01:29 AM) Sorry you'll have to win a different league this one's already had its draft. Who's all in this league and what's your team names? I'm "The Rally Bones" and some others are pretty obvious but I still don't know who Reigning Trey's is, I want Baron. That's me. I complete forgot the draft was going on, and I need centers badly.
- Feelings...
-
You're the GM: White Sox edition
QUOTE(Randar68 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:42 AM) Torii? His contract isn't up... (although contract isn't all that attractive either) Maybe you mean Brian Hunter? LOL! Damon, I could see, but the Yankees will end up at 250 million unless they trade some of those big contracts and eat a LOT of money on them too. Isn't AJ Burnett also rumored to be a Yankee target? Hell, offer them Rowand for the rights to Matsui (giving the Sox a window to sign an extension) as soon as the Sox post-season is over. Move Dye to 1B/DH, resign Konerko and sign Furcal... done deal, LOL!... Torii's convinced he is getting traded this off season, and after his fistfight with Morneau, that wouldn't surprise me.
-
National Anthem and Starting Introduction
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:51 AM) Just for tonight, those at USCF should adopt the Blackhawk Anthem introduction. That would really f*** up Fox's hopeful cuddily east coast viewing audience. Welcome to the Southside. Let it chew you up and spit you out. I love the spine tingling feeling that you get at a fullhouse Hawks game during the national anthem. I only wish I could experience that with 40,000 Sox fans.
-
National Anthem and Starting Introduction
QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:44 AM) The NHL All Star game at the start of Gulf War I ... Spine tingling. There are two times that I remember being blown away by a patriotic song. That was one of them. The other was by the woman who sang God Bless America at the first game in Chicago after 9-11.
-
National Anthem and Starting Introduction
QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:03 AM) Yeah, nothing better than getting the guy who signs the national anthem for Cubs games to come and sing the anthem for one of the bigger games in Sox history. I don't care WHO he sings for, he is the best there is. Besides it was singing at Blackhawks game that really made him famous. I would love them to bring in Wayne Messmer.
-
Los Angeles @ Chicago - ALCS Game 1
QUOTE(Hawk @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:19 AM) I think Randy Newman said it best. I LOVE L.A. I can;t wait to see them on no rest run through this ball club tonight. The Angels are no joke and Contrerras won't make it past the 4th. That offense is going to be smoking tonight. Prediction Angels I think Steam said it even better... So kiss him (I wanna see you kiss him. I wanna see you kiss him) Go on and kiss him goodbye, na-na na-na-na na na Na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye [fade in] Hey hey-ey, goodbye Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye [repeat many times and fade out]