Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Robert on COVID IL; Burger Up
I know it is Boras, but I would be calling Conforto the day after the draft and seeing what they could work out. I know this year is toast, but he is exactly what they need going forward.
-
White Sox @ Blue Jays 6:07 PM: Kopech (1-1 1.29 ERA) vs Ryu (2-0 5.48 ERA)
I know everyone hated Grandal at the leadoff spot because he has been awful this year, but this was one of the very few times where I could actually see some vintage TLR coming through. He was obviously trying to give him a chance to get back to his old school self and work the count and see some pitches to see if that might get him going. Of course it crashed and burned spectacularly because it is 2022 and everything has crashed and burned this year, but at least that one made sense. If Yoan Moncada is back tonight, I wouldn't mind see TLR try him at the top of the order as well. He was at his best when working counts for cookies and not forcing the issue. Danny Mendick would just be a misuse of SSS.
-
2022 Catch All
This is the kind of situation I am thinking of. How are the late arriving police supposed to know who the "good guys" are in the chaos of a mass shooting?
-
Sox vs Blue Jays 6:07, Giolito vs Gausman
Which is ironic because he was Josh Harrison as a hitter is his career.
-
Sox vs Blue Jays 6:07, Giolito vs Gausman
Nice
-
Sox vs Blue Jays 6:07, Giolito vs Gausman
Since @ShoeLessRobhas failed us. This is the game thread. Any losses will be eternally on his soul.
-
PSA: Post Your Game Threads Early
@ShoeLessRob Let's go bro!
-
Juan Soto would bump Sox to #9?
yeah, I remember the quality versus quantity discussions, and I really wanted some lottery ticket LATAM pieces in all of this.
-
5/31 Games
The minors are a different world. We don't get moment by moment G League updates either.
-
TA out 3 weeks
That would be incredible. Of course having him back and actually playing him are two different things for Tony, but baby steps.
-
Eloy rehab starts again 6/21
And back on the DL on Friday.
-
Cease and Graveman to Restricted List; Crick Up
Feels like we are starting a AA team today, but sure.
-
TA out 3 weeks
To be fair, you were also telling us that the offense was going to wake up, so I am not sure you should be taking a victory lap here.
-
TA out 3 weeks
That seems like a best case scenario. Let's hope they keep contact with the Twins during this time so they have a chance come July and August.
-
TA out 3 weeks
So what is the expected time out for a Type 1 strain?
-
TA out 3 weeks
Crochet shows 60 day IL next to his name, so he isn't counted.
-
TA out 3 weeks
1 from the DFA of Dallas so far.
-
TA out 3 weeks
This is it right here. 35 times out of 266 games, or right about Grandals BA.
-
For us who are ignorant of the farm system
The heaviest amount of Sox potential is in the lower minors.
-
TA out 3 weeks
It's been three starts. Based on his recent history, respectable #5 is in question.
-
TA out 3 weeks
He has been neither healthy, nor a guy has been even decent much lately, which is why no one wanted to give him a real contract. Factor in pitching half of his games in SF recently, and it gets really scary.
-
TA out 3 weeks
If Lance can make it healthy and Cueto stays the luckiest pitcher in baseball.
-
TA out 3 weeks
And the Sox are still hitting like shit. I mean if they had played to a level that would warrant some optimism, sure. But the offense has been terrible. The defense has been about the worst I have seen in decades. The pitching has been up and down. Injuries and TLR are putting guys like Josh Harrison into the line up WAY too often. Inconsistent line ups and starting patterns seem to be not allowing the team to hit any kind of a rhythm. Tim Anderson is probably gone for a couple of months. Sure it COULD happen, but I haven't seen anything to show me that it WILL happen.
-
TA out 3 weeks
It is going to be a lot harder to click with so many players hurt. That affects the talent level. And again, this team just doesn't seem to be interested in playing for anything this year.
-
TA out 3 weeks
Watching this team day after day, you only see flashes of a team that wants to win a division, let alone one that can do it without key players healthy.