Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Lol...I was literally just saying something similar to my wife. Really hard to cheer against Gould.
  2. Let’s go Garoppolo! Always got to cheer for a fellow Sox fan!
  3. Is that adjuster for pitch selection? Not sure it would be that material, but wouldn’t a guy who saw more fastballs have a higher percentage of bangs all else being equal?
  4. You’re linking his hair style to potential attitude problems? Good god man you need to get with the times because you constantly come across as some whiny curmudgeon.
  5. Not that we’re trading for Betts, but any package would partially be offset by a supplemental draft pick if Mookie were to leave. That would have to be packaged into a potential price.
  6. Yeah, not sure I’m going to overreact to an old man not knowing proper social media etiquette.
  7. I think Kanny could be pretty interesting depending on which guys from Great Falls get the bump and if they force Bush and/or Sosa to repeat. The problem is outside of Harvin Mendoza (I personal favorite of mine), most of the younger Great Falls guys really struggled last year.
  8. Great lists. I still have a lot of hope for those first four relievers and this should finally be the year we start feeling their impact assuming certain guys come back healthy. Hamilton is my sleeper this season as he was on track to be an important part of the bullpen last year before a wave of bizarre injuries As for the starters, it’s insane how much better our depth is with Thompson & Dalquist. If you exclude Kopech, we’d be looking at top five of Dunning, Stiever, Lambert, Pilkington, & Flores without the two prep picks. That’s really fucking weak and no idea how you’d even round out a top 10 with any semblance of real prospects.
  9. That’s great news on Thompson & Dalquist. Do you envision Yolbert just getting a short stint at Kanny to start the year before moving to High A or are they going to take things slow with him given his bat is lagging way behind his glove?
  10. I mostly agree with this. But given they got that bonus option for Micker, I think he starts at AA. I also wonder if Yolbert goes straight to High A given he’ll be 23 to start the season.
  11. How are these prospects ranked? Just curious how this compares with Walker.
  12. They are really trying to create as short of a window as possible with some of these moves.
  13. Kopech will not be in the bullpen to start the season. Short of an injury to one of the other starters, he’ll open up 2020 in Charlotte.
  14. What “pedo” accusations are you referring to?
  15. I will say there is a zero percent chance the Sox trade Anderson. He’s just got that star factor that a team like the Sox is going to value like crazy.
  16. Exactly and it remains to be seen how he’d fare there.
  17. I guess I got confused when he said move him back to his natural, college gold glove winning position when he was a 2B in college.
  18. Assuming they don’t trade McCann (which seems unlikely at this point), Collins doesn’t really have a role on the major league roster.
  19. No doubt the OD roster is exciting and full of potential, but notice how you didn’t hype up the pitching staff? While the staff may be talented, there are still a ton of question marks and as a result the overall team isn’t really close to those other two OD rosters I mentioned.
  20. 100% this. I’m pumped for the 2020 team and I think with the right development they can be a monster, but more likely than not we are a year away before they enter the “best OD roster ever” discussions with those other clubs.
  21. I agree...he’s at least the favorite for that last bullpen spot. Otherwise you move him for whatever you can given his lack of options.
  22. Lol...ok bro. I think the 2006 & 1994 White Sox would beg to differ.
  23. Thanks for sharing in the previous post.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.