Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Which career would you pick?
Robert is always going to be super valuable because of his defense and base running in addition to his hitting, but you look inside the stats of the 3 guys and Eloy may be off to the best, most sustainable start of the 3. Robert currently has a 10% walk rate, 28% k rate, and a .500 BABIP. He hits the ball hard and is super fast, so you imagine he’d have a high BABIP. Probably not that high. Moncada may be able to sustain what he’s doing: 12% walk rate, 25% k rate, with a .429 BABIP. It’s a little high, but he’s proven he’s always going to have a high BABIP. Meanwhile, Eloy, 8% walk rate, 24% k rate, and .364 BABIP. 191 WRC+. He may finish in the neighborhood of those numbers. I am just glad we have all three. Though it did hurt my heart to see who was sitting at 7.
-
8/4 Sox vs Brewers GT
Personally, I'd flip EE and Nomar to break up the R/R thing, but it's a quibble.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Strike zone was rough. Maybe the hit on the head affected him?
-
8/3 Sox vs Brewers GT
Ugh, feel bad for Carlos. Looks like Kopech did the right thing. I guess it’s Detwiler? Or do they bring up Dunning or Steiver?
-
8/3 Sox vs Brewers GT
Ha ha, not close to Pierre. My grandma can throw better than Pierre and she’s dead.
-
8/3 Sox vs Brewers GT
Personally, I am Steiver curious. Guys coming back from TJS in the short turnaround have not fared well thus far. I’d hate to get Dunning hurt too.
-
8/3 Sox vs Brewers GT
Fastball, sadly. I am concerned that his arm may not be right.
-
Mazara Returns, Mercedes Optioned, Lambert to 45 day IL
The Sox really don’t need Mendick, Goins, Delmonico, or Collins. I predict when they go to 26, they keep either Mendick or Goins but not both and everyone else goes down.
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
Surprised Grandal catching day game after night game. Dismayed Encarnacion is playing at all, let alone hitting ahead of Eloy. Shocked/not shocked about Delmonico. I for sure would have dh’d Collins. Otherwise, why is h Ed on the team? One start a week against a guy with Junis’ splits is not asking for much.
-
8/1 Sox vs Royals GT
Meh. We had to package Kahnle to get rid of him.
-
8/1 Sox vs Royals GT
FA closer signings usually a very bad idea. Ask the Cubs
- 8/1 Sox vs Royals GT
-
8/1 Sox vs Royals GT
Love Heuer , but gotta leave Bummer in here.
-
8/1 Sox vs Royals GT
I am not a huge Madrigal believer, but it’s been two games! Some guys struggle when they come up. See Ventura, Robert. I think you gotta give Madrigal 100 ab’s or so before everyone buries him.
-
MLB COVID-19 outbreaks: None of as Sept 18
I believe that’s the Chinese military vaccine. It’s crap. Other vaccines will be waaaay more effective and they are just as far along.
-
MLB COVID-19 outbreaks: None of as Sept 18
I feel like any decent plan for anything can’t rely on 100% of participants being virtuous. You have to have systems in place. Hence, mandatory quarantine inside the NBA bubble. Every group will have rebels, and super selfish individuals. You gotta plan for reality, not a fantasy world where everyone acts in their own/the group’s enlightened self interest.
-
MLB COVID-19 outbreaks: None of as Sept 18
This is just further proof that a) this country lacked a serious overall plan for containing this thing and b) baseball management bought into the hype about this thing getting better. It’s not. I live in NYC where we have taken it seriously and our caseload is down, but my job is returning in a limited way soon. We spent hundreds of man hours and plenty of money on technology and protocols, and I Am still worried. Wanting baseball back isn’t a plan. Needing the money isn’t a plan. Negotiating with the players isn’t a plan. A plan is a plan and MLB never had one. Pods with restricted hotels was the only way this was ever gonna work. Instead, you got teams traveling and staying in uncontrollable public accommodations during a pandemic. This just lacks any process thinking whatsoever. Season is probably going to be cancelled, but if it isn’t, I bet you Trout does not come back from paternity leave. Would you?
-
7/31 Sox vs Royals GT
Um, not to put too much faith in a Rick Hahn acquisition, but Mazara is signed thru next year. Sox aren't signing Pederson.
-
7/31 Sox vs Royals GT
Yes, but Bubic is highly regarded. Sox have trouble with guys with medium stuff who can hit their spots, so let's hope they take advantage of his first start.
-
MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)
Wow. I am against the service time manipulation and this was soooo bald. I really thought they'd be subtler than this. I don't really think it's going to matter much because FA paymasters dig the longball, but kinda makes me feel dirty. Good luck to Nick. It will be nice to get some contact into the lineup.
-
16 added to Schaumburg squad
I’ll admit that I am not the biggest Madrigal believer, so take it with a grain of salt, but I’m not convinced that they’re going to bring him up any time soon. The Sox are desperate for LH hitting and have been for at least 2 decades. Hence Delmonico hitting clean up. Now, you’re going to take a switch hitter out of the 9 hole and replace him with yet another RH hitter? Madrigal can’t be a lateral move in that situation. He has to be far superior to Leury to make up for further stacking the line up. And I am aware of the defensive upgrade, but seriously, if the position doesn’t need to hit, fricking Goins is probably the best defender on the team. I bet they wait until at least they see what they’re getting from Nomar.
-
7/29 Sox vs Indians GT
Bummer should probably be the closer, but I doubt that happens.
-
7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread
I’m betting the under on the meltdown.
-
7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread
Wow. I am going to clean my house.
-
7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread
Obviously they feel that Eloy can’t go. Kinda surprised Moncada is playing both games, so... there’s that. You know what would make this lineup look that much More Renteria? Goins hitting second. worst case scenario for me isn’t that Carlos gets lit. It’s that he pitches well and they can’t score. Luckily, I don’t think this season is going to finish, so not as upset as I maybe should be.