Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timmy U

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Timmy U

  1. I like Aiden Smith a lot but he’s behind other guys in a very good system. Pretty good haul for a rental.
  2. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Interesting that Holcomb, who can allegedly play all over the field, has started both his games at DH.
  3. Jones was drafted by Cleveland then traded to Colorado where he had a pretty good breakout but then regressed and was traded back to Cleveland where he was not great. He’s roster filler
  4. Owning this last two years on someone else’s bad contract is not great. Giving up anything to own it is worse. At least it’s only a year + unless they are really dumb
  5. How is Seward still in the majors?! I would put him on the mysterious IL if nothing else. Absolutely brutal all year long.
  6. I wonder if McDougal comes up now. Would be a weird time to remove Fedde from the rotation. He’s won his last 5 starts.
  7. I knew Castillo had struggled but the numbers are pretty bad — in that park! It could get pretty ugly in the Rate. Kinda reminds me of the Civale trade. Really acquiring a name more than performance. I would assume this means the Sox are holding on to all their top prospects, though for me Boston Smith was probably the line for me. I was willing to trade everyone below him on my list.
  8. Seattle took all of Seranthony’s money. That’s like $15 mil. If Castillo doesn’t vest for $25 mil, Sox are out like $23 mil. Not ideal, but whatever. Of course, if Seranthony is suddenly fixed…
  9. Castillo contract is truly awful. I assume Seranthony is the money dump and is in lieu of cash. Tells you how the Sox viewed Boston Smith. They are cashing in the rise in his value. I believe they will regret it. Hey, if Castillo can recapture any of his previous form, it would be exciting, but I find that highly unlikely. Kinda funny that Seranthony was finally throwing better and then we dump him.
  10. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Fitzwater has work to do at 1b. Kind of a bad first ab too. Crew McChesney hit it hard, but didn’t get out.
  11. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    No Carlson tonight for trade deadline conspiracy theorists.
  12. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Holcomb MASSIVE HR in his first pro ab.
  13. I like the strike-throwing Seranthony.
  14. I don’t know about his pitch selection as a catcher but at the plate, Smith is an incredibly smart hitter with a good plan up there. A 200 WRC+ doesn’t happen by accident.
  15. I think the idea is to limit Junior to 1 look at Schultz.
  16. Emotionally, I don't really want to part with Wolkow cuz he's a local guy that seems to be progressing. Obviously, he's expendable. Intellectually, I'm more attached to Boston Smith. Tearing up the Southern League is usually a very good sign. Semien was SL MVP and the Sox never really believed he was a top level prospect. That led to one of the more disappointing trades of the KW/Hahn era.
  17. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Another HR for Shelton too. He has been red hot this week.
  18. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    That's good news, but he's been dominant at AA. It will be interesting to see how he fares in the Charlotte launching pad. Righties who don't throw hard are not generally my cup of tea, but it would be great if he can help this year.
  19. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Another HR for Bonemer.
  20. Whew! Huge back to back walkoffs. 3-4 homestand is not great but could have been 1-6
  21. Blowing their challenges early not working out well
  22. Why does Pereira have the leeway to challenge pitches at all anyway?
  23. Timmy U replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Shelton is getting hot again. Would be huge if he figures it out.
  24. I think the key is getting pitching while sacrificing B level talent. Very few deadline deals involve top guys. Anybody in the 10-20 range is fine with me, I’d just prefer they hold onto Bonemer, Fauske, Carlson, McDougal, Hagen, and maybe Wolkow and Boston Smith. Perhaps Toronto would bite on a package of Drew Thorpe, Sammy Zavala, and Jairo Iriarte for Dylan Cease.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.