NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you are going to lose might as well get crushed and save the good relievers for tomorrow night. Tough decision for Roberts but I don't see how you hold Kershaw back for game 6. There's a very good chance that whoever wins tomorrow night wins the series so why wouldn't you want your best starter on the mound?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 01:33 AM)
Ballgame....Urias sucked with his location all night

They conceded tonight pitching that guy. Their only hope is Kershaw tomorrow then taking their chances of claiming one win somehow in Wrigley. How do those morons who listed the Cubs odds of making the Series at 18 percent entering tonight's game feel now. Stupid.

They just said Kershaw will pitch Game Six. Dumb. Dodgers only hope is taking a 3-2 series lead. Dodgers aren't going to win this series coming back from 2-3. It's over. Kershaw going Game Six, too late.

They just said Kershaw will pitch Game Six. Dumb. Dodgers only hope is taking a 3-2 series lead. Dodgers aren't going to win this series coming back from 2-3. It's over. Kershaw going Game Six, too late.

I agree and that is a good point. Going down 3-2 would put the Dodgers in a critical position whereas the Cubs being down 3-2 would *at least* have home field advantage to come home to.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 02:58 AM)
I agree and that is a good point. Going down 3-2 would put the Dodgers in a critical position whereas the Cubs being down 3-2 would *at least* have home field advantage to come home to.

How can they not pitch Kershaw tomorrow? Maybe they'll change their minds. It's LA's only hope.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
How can they not pitch Kershaw tomorrow? Maybe they'll change their minds. It's LA's only hope.

It would be one of the all time postseason mistakes to not have Kershaw pitch tomorrow. Having him pitch at home, against Lester where perhaps 1 or 2 runs will make a difference, is essential for momentum and the greatest possibility of entering Game 6 up 3-2.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 06:41 AM)
Is Kazmir hurt? He may not be better than Urias, but in a post season game I think I'd rather go with experience.

It's Scott Kazmir, he's always hurt.

He pitched August 22, got hurt, came back on September 23 and left after one inning after re-injuring himself again.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 09:02 AM)
Cub fans at work are back in true form this morning. Everything is coming up roses. But Wednesday the world was ending and Maddon was a jerk.

That is why I really enjoyed yesterday while it lasted. I knew this was going to be a long series of back and forth and they would be right back at it quickly.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 11:28 PM)
It would be one of the all time postseason mistakes to not have Kershaw pitch tomorrow. Having him pitch at home, against Lester where perhaps 1 or 2 runs will make a difference, is essential for momentum and the greatest possibility of entering Game 6 up 3-2.

I don't see how, since the Dodgers have to win a game Kershaw doesn't start anyway. I could see the logic if they already had 3 wins and didn't want to let the Cubs get back into it. If Kershaw were to win game 5, the Cubs would still have homefield advantage as well as better starting pitching.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
It is impossible to say that the game plays out in the same way if that play is reversed.

Maybe not the same way but the Dodgers werent going to stop the Cubs from raking in runs last night. Maybe it would have been a little bit closer but in the grand scheme of things being how things played out there wasnt one play that had enough significance that would have changed the outcome. There were a lot of plays that the Cubs made and the Dodgers didnt execute on.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/page/playo...ge-knotted-nlcs

Found this quote from a scout interesting:

"They won't beat Kershaw," he said, unequivocally. "And I think they will struggle again with Hill. Anyone who pitches in and changes speeds will have success against the Cubs right now. Any kind of downer breaking ball destroys them."

Baseball is a funny sport. Maeda could beat Lester tonight and Kershaw could be beat in game 6. Personally, I hate the cubs and hope they lose hard just because I enjoy watching their bandwagon fans suffer. Joe Buck esque hottake, "These teams control their own destiny."

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
If they make the WS and lose that would leave a bigger scar to cub fans then losing to the Dodgers.

I dont think this is true. I think they will look at it as the next step. They will see that they have progressed further in the playoffs each of the last two years and then next year is when it finally happens. If they lose to the Dodgers I think they would feel much more defeated.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
I dont think this is true. I think they will look at it as the next step. They will see that they have progressed further in the playoffs each of the last two years and then next year is when it finally happens. If they lose to the Dodgers I think they would feel much more defeated.

Agreed.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)

Yup. The last World Series game held at Wrigley Field was October 10, 1945. Just having a WS game at home would already be amazing to them.