World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:02 PM)
Whatever. Win a home game. That's all the best team in baseball by far has to do. Get it back to Cleveland and it will be like when the Aliens stole noot and sigorney weaver went HAM on that ass. Just watch, folks. No, I don't want it to happen. But the Cubs will win a a WS. and it's gonna happen this year.

Yeah, the Cubs have the Tribe exactly where they want him. no way they will lose with Lester, Arrietta, and Hendricks pitching, even if they lost 2 of the 3 games they have pitched so far. You must be as drunk as those people at Waveland and Sheffield.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)
Yeah, the Cubs have the Tribe exactly where they want him. no way they will lose with Lester, Arrietta, and Hendricks pitching, even if they lost 2 of the 3 games they have pitched so far.

That might have been Jordan4life wearing a Schwarber jersey, hooting and hollering in the background on Fox.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
And let me be clear, I'm not saying the Cubs can't come back, but anyone guaranteeing they will the World Series despite being down 3-1 is either a f***ing troll or a f***ing idiot.

I know posts like that are his style but it honestly feels like just a poor trolling attempt.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)
I know posts like that are his style but it honestly feels like just a poor trolling attempt.

I can't help it that sox fans are shook by da cubs. if this were the dodgers and i say the exact same thing, nobody would say a word. the cubs are in sox fans heads on this board (not OGs like quinarvy, kyyle or jason). but the rest of yall? pathetic.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
I can't help it that sox fans are shook by da cubs. if this were the dodgers and i say the exact same thing, nobody would say a word. the cubs are in sox fans heads on this board (not OGs like quinarvy, kyyle or jason). but the rest of yall? pathetic.

What are you talking about? The Cubs look terrible. They've scored 7 runs in 4 games and your unbeatable Cubs pitchers have already lost in this series. This is over.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:33 PM)

So your argument is that if the Dodgers were down 3-1 to the Indians and you still guaranteed them to come back that no one would call you out on it? Ok buddy.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 04:25 AM)
God it kills me that we could have had Francona as manager instead of Robin.

Some of us wanted him back then. He's a genius, a difference maker. Hopefully Renteria will be better than Robin.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 04:38 AM)
It pains me to say this but it must be said now. The Cubs are going to take the next three and win it all. This series wreaks of the nba finals. Cubs ain't losin' three at wrigley. Just ain't happening. It's goin' back to Cleveland where they will unleash the loch ness monster that is Schwarber and ride their superior pitching matchups to the title. don't want it to happen. but its gonna.

The Cubs aren't dead yet, but they actually have some pressure on them Sunday to fricking win one of the three home games. If Cubs win, yes they could take 2 in Cleveland for sure with Schwarber.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 05:02 AM)
Frank just had a spectacular moment on the postgame. Rose and the other two guys came out and said "I think the Cubs are in a good place right now, they've got their aces going tomorrow and in game 6 and then they're set up to take this to game 7".

Frank's turn comes up and he just says f*** this the Cubs are in trouble, they need to go win a game tomorrow, they're desperate and their backs are to the wall, it's all hands on deck.

Frank is a great analyst IMO. Love that guy.

25% of Cubs fans are unsure they would be happy about a win because the lovable losers tag would be gone forever...their entire franchise identity in modern times.

I can guarantee no White Sox fan felt the same way in 2005. The only thing that had them shook was the Indians. But they survived it and came through whole on the other side.

The Cubs aren't used to playing with this type of pressure because nobody pushed them the entire season. Sure, the Giants pushed a few buttons until they came back in the 9th...and being down 2-1 against the Dodgers, but they had home field, inexperienced rookies in Urias and Maeda and a lineup without multiple threats like CLE has with its top five hitters.

Not to mention Miller/Allen have gotten into the heads of the Red Sox, Jays and now Cubs. Cubs' hitters were expanding their zones yesterday, and they still haven't made the necessary adjustments on offspeed stuff. It might just be too late to change the game plan at this point, because success came too easily for most of this year.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 06:13 AM)
25% of Cubs fans are unsure they would be happy about a win because the lovable losers tag would be gone forever...their entire franchise identity in modern times.

I can guarantee no White Sox fan felt the same way in 2005. The only thing that had them shook was the Indians. But they survived it and came through whole on the other side.

The Cubs aren't used to playing with this type of pressure because nobody pushed them the entire season. Sure, the Giants pushed a few buttons until they came back in the 9th...and being down 2-1 against the Dodgers, but they had home field, inexperienced rookies in Urias and Maeda and a lineup without multiple threats like CLE has with its top five hitters.

Not to mention Miller/Allen have gotten into the heads of the Red Sox, Jays and now Cubs. Cubs' hitters were expanding their zones yesterday, and they still haven't made the necessary adjustments on offspeed stuff. It might just be too late to change the game plan at this point, because success came too easily for most of this year.

I still think they'll roll next year no matter what. This would be exactly like KC losing to the Giants then coming back the next year and getting the job done. The Cubs are going to reach the WS again next year, it's just a matter of will they be going for two in a row; or to finally have the experience to win it all. Of course when you fail once you always can turn into a Detroit. Not getting the job done with a good core. I still think Cubs win it all this year. They have the best team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:29 PM)
I still think they'll roll next year no matter what. This would be exactly like KC losing to the Giants then coming back the next year and getting the job done. The Cubs are going to reach the WS again next year, it's just a matter of will they be going for two in a row; or to finally have the experience to win it all. Of course when you fail once you always can turn into a Detroit. Not getting the job done with a good core. I still think Cubs win it all this year. They have the best team.

Next yr they will have to beat Sale 2-3 times in the playoffs to win a World Series whether he goes to the Red Sox or Dodgers. The road doesn't get easier for them. It will actually be much more difficult if they even get that far.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:02 PM)
That's all the best team in baseball by far has to do.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

They had the best record in baseball, by far...largely achieved by mercilessly pounding the bad teams. They were just a few over .500 against teams with winning records. They have consistently struggled against good pitching in the post-season, both this year and last.

There's more to winning than beating the Reds and Brewers.

Edited by GreenSox

The Cubs might actually need to petition to change to the AL in order to be fully prepared for the playoffs.

Not unlike coming out of the NBA Eastern Conference.

The White Sox could actually compete in the NL Central, but MLB would never give up Cards/Cubs.

Too bad it would be harder to get the return we need for Sale dealing with either STL or Pitt.

Kyle Schwarber dancing with the Purple Pizzazz Show Choir...Middletown High School 2010/11

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)

Ohhh...the Cubs are in OUR heads...got it.

Just read a good fangraphs piece that I can't find now that I'm on my phone of how Francona has been able to use his three best relievers at any point (thanks be to miller), while Maddon has barely been able to pitch strop/Rondon/chapman because chapman's primadonna routines and "injuries" to strop/Rondon. I'm not buying the injuries stuff. Rondon and strop have looked good, and it's the World Series, what are you waiting for?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:33 PM)

Seems the one who is shook is you. Down 3-1, something the last 10 teams in the WS could not come back from, and you are the one saying they are in perfect position, they can't lose.

When are you going to tell us we are lucky to be alive to see the greatest talent ever assembled on one team?

"We're chasing," Russell said. "We're chasing too much. ... I can't put my finger on it. Other than us chasing, I don't see anything else."

In fact, Russell put his finger on it. According to ESPN Stats & Information research, the Cubs chased pitches outside the strike zone a whopping 51 percent of the time in Game 4. That's seven points higher than Game 3, which was bad enough, but only some context can give true meaning to that Game 4 percentage. Chasing outside the zone 51 percent of the time Saturday was the second most of any team in any contest this year.

That includes every second-place to last-place team in baseball: 4,860 regular-season games -- plus all the playoff contests. Only the Arizona Diamondbacks, back in May, swung more percentage-wise outside the strike zone than the Cubs did on Saturday night -- and only by 1 percent.

This is the World Series, and the Cubs are taking their hacks at everything. That's not good for the team that led MLB in taking free passes.

Link