Your Offseason Wishlist

hi8is

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
I don't think there's even a chance Lawrie gets non-tendered. If anything, they would tender him and deal him for whatever they can get from a team that could use a 2B or 3B for a season.

Yeah, there is zero chance that Lawrie gets non-tendered. Garcia might have a small chance.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
MLBTR says Nats aren't likely to give Ramos a QO. I call bs on that one.

I predicted that in my Offseason Plan. He just had surgery and is out until Late May-Late June. Nats aren't going to pay him $17.4M for just over half a season. That's why I said the Sox should sign him for 1 yr/$8M, although I feel like that number may be a little low when you consider the Dodgers/Yankees/Cubs/Rangers have unlimited funds.

WISHLIST that puts us in postseason with a good manager like Renteria

Cespedes (pay him whatever he wants, how bout 24 million per year for 3 years total of 72 mill)

Get rid of Lawrie and play Saladino.

acquire a GOOD catcher and GOOD reliever: in blockbuster trade; make it happen Mr. Hahn and we are a contender. Give up minor league talent for a good catcher and good reliever.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 11:03 PM)

Cespedes (pay him whatever he wants, how bout 24 million per year for 3 years total of 72 mill)

acquire a GOOD catcher and GOOD reliever: in blockbuster trade; make it happen Mr. Hahn and we are a contender. Give up minor league talent for a good catcher and good reliever.

PIECACAKE!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 11:03 PM)

A good catcher and a good reliever would make the Sox an 82 win team instead of 78.

Rebuild. Rebuild. Rebuild. The Sox don't have enough assets to consistently make the playoffs on a yearly basis as of this moment.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
Your Offseason Wishlist.....

Reinsdorf sells

Yeah, I feel like it's a defeatist mentality, but every recent conversation I've had about the Sox comes back to, "they need a new owner". That's all I can ever come up with.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)
The Sox haven't traded their TOP prospects for years. It won't happen this year either. With the fall that Hansen had, there is zero chance he get dealt. I could see a chance at Fulmer getting dealt, but what that means is the Sox saw something in him they didn't like.

But if they decide to "go for it" again, maybe they take the risk and trade them. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did that and I would hate it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
Yeah, I feel like it's a defeatist mentality, but every recent conversation I've had about the Sox comes back to, "they need a new owner". That's all I can ever come up with.

I feel the same way brother. Seems like we'll never really make sustainable progress with the current ownership. A fluke year once per decade seems like our ceiling.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
MLBTR says Nats aren't likely to give Ramos a QO. I call bs on that one.

I don't think there's any chance they would. He'd accept it immediately and they would be on the hook for $17M to have him for maybe a little more than half the year. He's going to what a short term deal to try and rebuild his value and nobody is going to risk that much on a guy that you really don't know when he's going to come back and what he'll be when he does.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)

1. Saladino has a herniated disc in his lower back. Right now its an open question if he'll be able to play next season.

2. "Good" catchers are scarcer then hen's teeth, the price to get one may be overwhelming if any are even available.

Mark

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
I would say Avi has a much higher than a small chance at being non-tendered. I would say 80%.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
It depends. If they go for it, probably. If they don't, there isn't much of a reason to not bring him back.

Barring changes in the CBA to disallow it, I see no reason why he won't be on the Viciedo track - offer him arbitration but with only a small $25k charge if he is cut at the end of spring training so as to keep the contract non-guaranteed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
Barring changes in the CBA to disallow it, I see no reason why he won't be on the Viciedo track - offer him arbitration but with only a small $25k charge if he is cut at the end of spring training so as to keep the contract non-guaranteed.

Good call.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)

If they go for it, and bring in a real OF to replace him, there is no space for him with actual back up OFs like Tilson and Liriano on the team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 02:22 PM)
If they go for it, and bring in a real OF to replace him, there is no space for him with actual back up OFs like Tilson and Liriano on the team.

But again, the deadline for a team to offer arbitration is typically early December - last year it was December 2, prior to the winter meetings. If the rule stays the same, the White Sox could offer him arbitration, keep him in the organization, sign someone to help in the OF after the early december arb offer deadline, bring him through ST with the team, and then if no one gets hurt and he doesn't make the big league roster, cutting him would only cost $25k, assuming that clause remains in the CBA.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
But again, the deadline for a team to offer arbitration is typically early December - last year it was December 2, prior to the winter meetings. If the rule stays the same, the White Sox could offer him arbitration, keep him in the organization, sign someone to help in the OF after the early december arb offer deadline, bring him through ST with the team, and then if no one gets hurt and he doesn't make the big league roster, cutting him would only cost $25k, assuming that clause remains in the CBA.

I believe the cost is 20% of the offer.