White Sox Rebuild Thread

Dunt

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 01:09 PM)
Glad to hear Cameron thinks it is short.

Give me Rodriguez and Vazquez in addition and I'd probably do it.

Replace Vazquez with Swihart and I'd do it. I'd probably do it anyway because isn't Vazquez great defensively? Either way, Benintendi, Devers, Kopech, Rodriguez and Swihart/Vazquez would be a great trade for Sale. Hell, if we could add another piece to the deal and possibly get Groome in there too.

As far as the Frazier extension rumors, if this true rebuild does go on and we get MLB or close to MLB players in trades, Frazier would easily be the face of the franchise until the kids take over. Much like Lester with the Cubs.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
I don't think he is either. My preference is Swihart in all honesty and he might be the Sox preference as well. Who knows.

Perhaps. Not convinced he is even a catcher though.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
I don't think he is either. My preference is Swihart in all honesty and he might be the Sox preference as well. Who knows.

Vazquez's defense alone forced the Red Sox to send Swihart back to AAA to learn LF last spring. Vazquez has shown the ability to throw as a catcher and handle pitchers. But he can't hit. Swihart can hit but really struggled catching. My guess is Boston will unload Swihart as part of a trade for a reliever now that LF is porbably no longer an option as well.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)

Swihart has an injury history now and is not a major league catcher. I'd rather take my chances on Vazquez figuring out how to hit than Swihart suddenly becoming a great defensive catcher and pitch framer. It's not like Swihart was a very good offensive producer to begin with.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
Swihart has an injury history now and is not a major league catcher. I'd rather take my chances on Vazquez figuring out how to hit than Swihart suddenly becoming a great defensive catcher and pitch framer. It's not like Swihart was a very good offensive producer to begin with.

That's why I always include Vasquez in my deals.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 12:33 AM)
Why would you want Soler? Sure, he's got some upside, but he has not shown nearly enough to be a key piece of a Quintana trade.

Soler is type of guy in a rebuild you take a chance on and give him 1000 at bats. Contreras would be the key piece and the Sox catcher for the next half decade

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 05:43 PM)
Soler is type of guy in a rebuild you take a chance on and give him 1000 at bats. Contreras would be the key piece and the Sox catcher for the next half decade

And when he is the second coming of Avi Garcia, you call for the GMs head for picking him up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 05:45 PM)
Kaplan isn't on his show today, but the panel is still drunk on Cubs kool aide. They said the Cubs wouldn't trade Schwarber straight up for Sale.

Lol...a DH who has proven very little but has considerable upside (for a DH) for a top 5 starter in all of baseball with a ridiculous team friendly contract. I'm sorry, but Theo would take that deal in a second without blinking. This is exactly why I hate Cubs fans.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:46 PM)
And when he is the second coming of Avi Garcia, you call for the GMs head for picking him up.

As the third most valuable piece, it's worth the risk. He has a great contract also so if he becomes a good player, you have a bargain