Rumor: Dodgers & Sox discussing Sale & Frazier

DirtySox

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
No way does Boston give up that much

Maybe the 6th guy would be too much to ask but I don't see the 1st 5 being unreasonable to believe that's the package after several teams bidding. If Boston intends to keep JBJ, Betts, Bogarts, and Moncada then the package STARTS with Benintendi, Devers and Kopesch. If not then I don't see how there won't be a better offer. Swihart has very little value at this point, a change of scenery is obviously best for both parties. So Edgardo Rodriguez is the tipping point that would keep Boston from acquiring Sale? Highly doubt it.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Sox only deal with Yankees if Sanchez is involved in my opinion, and that's not happening

Sanchez, Frazier, Torres, Mateo, Rutherford, and Severino.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: In all seriousness, what do you think the Sox would have to offer to warrant that package from New York? Sale, Abreu, and Jones?

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
Sox only deal with Yankees if Sanchez is involved in my opinion, and that's not happening

It seems like the trend is organizations are reluctant to trade valuable position players when it involves aces. They prefer to over pay for pitching in the free agent market.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:14 PM)
It seems like the trend is organizations are reluctant to trade valuable position players when it involves aces. They prefer to over pay for pitching in the free agent market.

And that's why a team will give the White Sox a haul for Sale and/or Q. The market for free agent pitchers is trash.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 05:33 PM)
Just not sure you also get Groome included there as well.

What are there now, ten teams?

Boston

NYY

LAD

Texas

Houston

Atlanta

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

Washington

Cubs (nah)

I haven't seen Pittsburgh mentioned but as pure speculation on here.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 05:14 PM)

Shelby Miller and Dansby Swanson say hello.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
And that's why a team will give the White Sox a haul for Sale and/or Q. The market for free agent pitchers is trash.

They'll cave and give a haul for Sale AND Q. I really believe that because they won't have to give a decent pitcher $150 mil. They'll give a haul for aces who are on fabulous team friendly contracts.

Listening to a CSN podcast with Bob Nightengale. Chuck Garfein asked about the trade being done before, during or after the Winter Meetings and he said after. He also asked a percentage of the chances it happens and he said 75%.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5289197-ep-7-te...-for-chris-sale

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 09:25 PM)
Listening to a CSN podcast with Bob Nightengale. Chuck Garfein asked about the trade being done before, during or after the Winter Meetings and he said after. He also asked a percentage of the chances it happens and he said 75%.

Old people don't want to wait that long. Get it done, Hahn.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)

Dude called out Texas and Gallo as one of his main targets. The Astros were the other. What the f*** Nightengale. He also then threw out JBJ and Moncada in the same breath. Uhhhhhhhh. Seriously?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
Dude called out Texas and Gallo as one of his main targets. The Astros were the other. What the f*** Nightengale. He also then threw out JBJ and Moncada in the same breath. Uhhhhhhhh. Seriously?

Ya i was kinda confused by that too. Both texas teams to me are at the bottom of the list for me. Even the rest of the guys were like both Texas teams are good to trade with. Outside of bregman i dont see much high end pieces for Houston. Rangers really dont have many exciting players. The really werent high on dodgers prospects after urias. Wasnt too thrilled with that podcast

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 08:02 PM)
Ya i was kinda confused by that too. Both texas teams to me are at the bottom of the list for me. Even the rest of the guys were like both Texas teams are good to trade with. Outside of bregman i dont see much high end pieces for Houston. Rangers really dont have many exciting players. The really werent high on dodgers prospects after urias. Wasnt too thrilled with that podcast

Only thing I could come up with was planted posturing for LA and BOS. I'd say that's possible but a pretty big leap of cognitive dissonance. :lol:

Though the Braves already added R.A. Dickey and Bartolo Colon this winter, it seems they aren’t quite done shopping for starters. They have joined the division-rival Nationals, and probably a sizable portion of the rest of baseball, in reaching out to the White Sox about lefty Chris Sale, according to Jon Heyman of Fan Rag. Atlanta is among the organizations “trying hardest” to pry Sale loose from Chicago, per the report, with some around the league believing that he could change hands this winter.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/chri...p;post-id=77351

MLB Heyman: Braves join Sale derby; White Sox seem serious this time

http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-bra...m-serious-time/

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:29 PM)
Dude pay attention. It was said he was speaking hypothetically.

I understand dude. Hypothetically you and I want their starting outfield plus Moncada and Devers..........................................and the people in hell want ice water.

My point was he didn't put out a realistic trade.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
I understand dude. Hypothetically you and I want their starting outfield plus Moncada and Devers..........................................and the people in hell want ice water.

What is a realistic trade anyways? We have no idea because this Sale trade is crazy to talk about because of his given value. I don't think anyone really knows what we'll get back. We know what they're asking but they haven't gotten it yet.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 07:38 AM)

Didnt really seem like your point at all. Seemed like your point was to call his source dumb, and now you are backtracking it to what you feel is realistic

Surprised so many people are down on Houston as a trade partner. Maybe they lack the huge name at the top (unless Bregman is involved), but I think they have a lot of young talented pieces to give us that are close to or already MLB ready.

Something along the lines of... Kyle Tucker, AJ Reed, Joe Musgrove, David Paulino, and Teoscar Hernandez doesn't interest anybody?? I know Reed and Hernandez didn't exactly light it up in their 1st taste of action, but neither do a lot of guys. I'd be perfectly happy with this deal.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 09:02 AM)
Surprised so many people are down on Houston as a trade partner. Maybe they lack the huge name at the top (unless Bregman is involved), but I think they have a lot of young talented pieces to give us that are close to or already MLB ready.

Something along the lines of... Kyle Tucker, AJ Reed, Joe Musgrove, David Paulino, and Teoscar Hernandez doesn't interest anybody?? I know Reed and Hernandez didn't exactly light it up in their 1st taste of action, but neither do a lot of guys. I'd be perfectly happy with this deal.

Not for Sale, no. Would need to be Bregman, Martes, Tucker, and someone. Unless someone like McCullers would be included in the trade.

In case you're wondering where the mlb.com Top 100 Prospects are in each suitor:

Dolt McCoy ‏@cronebender 17h17 hours ago

per MLB Top 100 prospects list:

BOS: #1, #5, #16, #30, #67

ATL: #4, #12, #46, #60, #77, #89, #90

LAD: #31, #32, #45, #87, #91, #93

Also:

Washington: #3, #10, #37, #75

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016