Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
I'll take Frazier, Torres and Judge.

I would too. I just can tell which deal would be better

Frazier, Torres, and Judge from the Yankkes

Martes, Tucker, Reed, Stubbs from Houston

With the Yankees deal you get 2 major league ready players (one with BIG power)

With Houston deal you only get 1 major league player (with BIG power)

I really think the Yankees deal would be better for the Sox but Houston deal provides more organizational depth and a higher end prospect at C

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
What do you think the Sox would need back if they traded Quintana, Robertson and Jennings (read yesterday they are looking for pitching; Jennings replaces Logan) plus some of Robertson's contract to the Rockies? Rodgers and Tapia start the convo?

If we trade with the Rockies I would want Dahl to be in that conversation as well

QUOTE (Moncada @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
If we trade with the Rockies I would want Dahl to be in that conversation as well

Good point. I forgot about Dahl. I did look up Rodgers stats from last season and then I thought maybe they won't move him for anyone lol (except of course, a young controllable cheap front of the rotation arm).

QUOTE (Moncada @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)

Rockies need pitching and first base. A Really big trade of Q, Robertson, and Abreu might then be enough to get Rodgers, and Dahl and a young catcher. Takes a lot of guts on both sides to do it. Rox can throw in an unknown first baseman, too, since they won't need him.

Rockies probably would not do it, though. But, then, Rockies are very close to being a playoff team in 2017, and this trade would help them a lot in that regard. Desmond would go to LF, and they then have a lineup that can really score runs, plus a much better pitching staff.

I'd be shocked if the Yankees traded what it's gonna take to acquire Quintana. All indications are that they really want those prospects to be part of their core going forward, and frankly that's the way the Yankees should go in my opinion. If, by the deadline they are competing, then they might become buyers to some degree. If I were them, I'd really want to hold onto those top prospects of theirs and see them through.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
I'd be shocked if the Yankees traded what it's gonna take to acquire Quintana. All indications are that they really want those prospects to be part of their core going forward, and frankly that's the way the Yankees should go in my opinion. If, by the deadline they are competing, then they might become buyers to some degree. If I were them, I'd really want to hold onto those top prospects of theirs and see them through.

This is why I believe the true trading options for the Sox are in order Houston, Colorado, Dodgers, Yankees (longshot)

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Possibility Sox are targeting all these arms with the intention of moving them/Rodon for younger position players in the future?

Sounds like they are just trying to get the best talent available for the most part.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
Sounds like they are just trying to get the best talent available for the most part.

Yup. They're not trying to win next year so just collecting the best possible talent and they'll sort it out later.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
Rockies need pitching and first base. A Really big trade of Q, Robertson, and Abreu might then be enough to get Rodgers, and Dahl and a young catcher. Takes a lot of guts on both sides to do it. Rox can throw in an unknown first baseman, too, since they won't need him.

Rockies probably would not do it, though. But, then, Rockies are very close to being a playoff team in 2017, and this trade would help them a lot in that regard. Desmond would go to LF, and they then have a lineup that can really score runs, plus a much better pitching staff.

I think Desmond is playing first and there was talk of CarGo moving there a couple months ago.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
The lack of catching prospects in all these packages makes me slightly concerned they aren't placing a ton of value on the position

Thats fair but maybe they truly feel Collins is the catcher of the future and just got wore down in the AFL, additionally they might feel that frazier and robertson/jones trade partners match up at the near major league level so its better to leverage Q for higher ceiling talent.

Cards could be in on Frazier, they've got Carson Kelly

Dodgers could be in on all of Frazier, Robertson & Jones they've got Austin Barnes

Red Sox could be in on Robertson & Jones they've still got Swihart marked as 3rd string catcher

Nats could be in on Robertson & Jones and they've got Severino.