Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
LOL I didn't see you say this

I just despise that team and it's front office. But if they want to give us prospects fine.

We could have theoretically a top 10 farm system after this trade.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
This organization can find pitching. I want position players man.

This...

If they come out of this firesale with a ton of arms and then boom/bust lower level hitters - it will be safe to call this a failure. Which was what a lot of people feared allowing this regime to handle a rebuild. Regardless of the pitching talent acquired, you did not do what was desperately needed.

If you weren't going to load up on hitters, you should've kept these guys who are under control and just continue to spiral in mediocrity while hoping your drafting gets better.

It's almost as if they're oblivious to how bad they are at developing, scouting and drafting hitters.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:55 PM)
I just despise that team and it's front office. But if they want to give us prospects fine.

We could have theoretically a top 10 farm system after this trade.

And that's before trading Q, Abreu, Frazier, Robertson, Jones, Melky, and adding the next 3 draft crops, the next two of which will likely have top 3-5 picks. This farm system is going to be #1 before it's all said and done.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
What does this mean?

Byron Kerr ‏@masnKerr 3m3 minutes ago

I'm hearing it's not straight up trade "multiple players" for Eaton says source

https://twitter.com/masnKerr

That we're getting more than one player back. Which should be obvious, given Adam's value.

Edited by Jose Abreu

One thing about Giloto as a start of a return he is the best pitching prospect in the game. So technically we in two days would get the number one postion player and number one pitcher in the minors. And we still hold onto our second most value able piece (Q) for additional positional players, Robertson, Fraizer, Melky, Laurie, Jones, shields, etc we can trade for other high ceiling postion players. Gotta just Hahn has a plan and expects to get position players elsewhere and are taking advantage of getting Gioloto.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (HeGone7 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)
This...

If they come out of this firesale with a ton of arms and then boom/bust lower level hitters - it will be safe to call this a failure. Which was what a lot of people feared allowing this regime to handle a rebuild. Regardless of the pitching talent acquired, you did not do what was desperately needed.

If you weren't going to load up on hitters, you should've kept these guys who are under control and just continue to spiral in mediocrity while hoping your drafting gets better.

It's almost as if they're oblivious to how bad they are at developing, scouting and drafting hitters.

They've gotten better at all of that. It isn't 2013 anymore.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
One thing about Giloto as a start of a return he is the best pitching prospect in the game. So technically we in two days would get the number one postion player and number one pitcher in the minors. And we still hold onto our second most value able piece (Q) for additional positional players, Robertson, Fraizer, Melky, Laurie, Jones, shields, etc we can trade for other high ceiling postion players.

I think we were gonna see a regression in Giolito ranking in March. But Urias is best in game hands down.

I'd put

Urias

Reyes

Giolito

Giolito still great talent but he's risky.