PECOTA predicts Sox finish 4th in AL Central

Sockin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the rotation contains Quintana, and an improve Rodon, the White Sox are going to have to a pretty solid front-end of the rotation, and they are likely to add young talent in the majors as the season progresses. Offensively, this team is going to challenged; there just isn't much talent on this roster.

This is probably a bottom 10 team currently, and may become bottom 5 if they move Quintana for minor league talent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 11:27 AM)
Minus Chris Sale and Adam Eaton, they are predicting the same results as last year? Yeah.

I don't know. They are probably figuring, Abreu and Frazier won't be as bad and Anderson will improve. The offense will be around 20th. They still have a decent bullpen and a good 3 starters. Along with the fact that some of the players acquired will be up at some point.

They aren't going to be good but as currently constructed, they aren't going to be at the bottom.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 01:17 PM)
I don't know. They are probably figuring, Abreu and Frazier won't be as bad and Anderson will improve. The offense will be around 20th. They still have a decent bullpen and a good 3 starters. Along with the fact that some of the players acquired will be up at some point.

They aren't going to be good but as currently constructed, they aren't going to be at the bottom.

They might not be the worst, but the aren't going to be middle of the pack without some 3 standard deviation seasons from almost every player on the team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 01:47 PM)
They might not be the worst, but the aren't going to be middle of the pack without some 3 standard deviation seasons from almost every player on the team.

I think with the current bullpen and 3 decent starters and an offense around 20, they could finish in the bottom middle third of the league without that many standard deviation improvements from every player. i doubt they will be in the bottom 5.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 04:10 PM)
I think with the current bullpen and 3 decent starters and an offense around 20, they could finish in the bottom middle third of the league without that many standard deviation improvements from every player. i doubt they will be in the bottom 5.

This offense ranked 21st in OPS with Adam Eaton last year. I just don't see it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 04:26 PM)
This offense ranked 21st in OPS with Adam Eaton last year. I just don't see it.

I was looking at runs scored where they were 20th. So they will be probably just short of that because they should be slightly better or even nearly everywhere else.