2017 NFL off season thread

I don't know if anyone else read this article from the Trib. I know this is "puff" piece central and his QB coach at UNC is going to have good things to say Mitch, but I just got more and more excited about our new QB based upon everything said in this answer. Maybe the only down side is that he is a "quiet" leader, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. He seems like a humble kid who is going to come in and put in work and continue to put in work, which is absolutely what it takes to establish yourself in this league (and also to not overstep your bounds and make a mess with other veteran players, etc).

The big thing that had me gushing was hearing how humble he was, how much work he put in, and oh, how freaking accurate he was (both on the run and in the pocket), including how well he does under duress (stats back this up). It is a big jump from college to pro's and its going to take time, but I'm really getting excited about Mitch and seeing if he can develop into our first successful "franchise" QB in my lifetime!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...#nt=oft01a-6la1

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/jay-cutler-ma...-160311630.html

I'm surprised by the lack of interest in Cutler. You'd think some team with a QB deficiency (49ers, Jets, Browns, etc.) would at least take a flier on him.

They all want to tank and get a high pick next year to draft one of the three that will go 1, 2, 3

My guess is some team with a good starter would grab him after and injury but if nobody is lookign for him......wow want a flame and failure out of a career

I'm surprised by the lack of interest in Cutler. You'd think some team with a QB deficiency (49ers, Jets, Browns, etc.) would at least take a flier on him.

I'd guess that Cutler isn't gonna take a low money deal or play as a backup. He's got more than enough money, just moved to Nashville where they seem happy. If he's gonna put up with the pressure of the NFL again, he's gonna make it worth his while.

The Texans would still make the most sense in the world to me. Let Watson sit for a year since you have a SB roster(outside of QB) and let Jay take a shot at it for a year before handing off the keys to Watson.

Bears signed Jaye Howard to a 1 year deal.

Really like all I've read about him. Before he got hurt last year, PFF pegged him with the 2nd highest grade against the run among 3-4 DEs.

Should be a really solid front 7 if guys stay healthy. If a few guys in the secondary step up(and there are quite a few guys there), the defense could be pretty solid.

Also, Kipper has his way too early mock draft out, and guess where he has the bears picking????....wait for it.......

.....12th

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 5, 2017 -> 08:11 AM)
Cutler seems like he would be awful in the booth.

Hey Jay what did you think of that play?

Uh, I don't know. Whatever.

Jays interviews during preseason are so much different than his post game press conferences. I think you will be surprised

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 5, 2017 -> 06:11 AM)

I have a feeling we'll see a more open side of Jay. I always like Jay though, so I'm biased.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 5, 2017 -> 08:41 AM)
Agreed, he was always a pretty good listen on The Jay Cutler show as well.

The couple times I listened to that show I was shocked at how cool he seemed.

Kind of ironic that the media brought out the worst side of Jay and now he will be a part of it.

He'll be fantastic at it. His radio show was always great. The real Cutler and the out of town narrative of the Opinionless DBag couldn't be further from truth. I think he's more likely to be honest than a lot of recent former players as well.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 5, 2017 -> 09:45 AM)
I think he could be pretty good, he does tend to mumble and trail off a bit thought so we'll see how that works.

But 3 man booths are not my favorite.

This. But a good place to start for him. If he sucks, they can hide him like they did Siragusa.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 5, 2017 -> 09:45 AM)
I think he could be pretty good, he does tend to mumble and trail off a bit thought so we'll see how that works.

But 3 man booths are not my favorite.

Spiegel said this morning that he nailed his audition at FOX. Watched every Lynch/Burkhardt game from last year and knew all of the players on every team. Was very insightful and prepared apparently.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 5, 2017 -> 09:48 AM)
This. But a good place to start for him. If he sucks, they can hide him like they did Siragusa.

There's no hiding Sirigusa unless they cut his mic. "JOHN IN THE STANDS THERE IS A GUY EATING A HOT DOG WIND IS BLOWING "

DON'T CAREEEEEEE

QUOTE (bmags @ May 5, 2017 -> 10:04 AM)
There's no hiding Sirigusa unless they cut his mic. "JOHN IN THE STANDS THERE IS A GUY EATING A HOT DOG WIND IS BLOWING "

Can't tell is this is something he actually said or you made it up. He was THAT bad.