Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Username @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:45 PM)
His hard contact rate was significantly higher than most elite shortstops in baseball last year. Over a way bigger sample size. Check out fangraphs if you don't believe me.

Hitters go into funks. Did you ever play baseball? Ever have a bad game? Saying a small sample K rate doesn't fluctuate is among the dumbest things I've ever heard on this forum.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:46 PM)
No they don't. Swings go awry, guys look awful. There isn't one player on the White Sox that won"t look horrible for at least a week this year. Prospects are suspects, but labeling after not even 7 games is ridiculous. Most young guys struggle a lot at some point.

RE: Username, I read fangraphs religiously. That was one of the reasons why I was high on Anderson going into this season. I should have said that he sucks right now. He looks lost. As I am typing this, Anderson gets a hit. No, I didn't play baseball past 4th grade because I have some physical coordination issues that make it impossible to play such a game. I love sports, but I can't play because my hand-eye coordination is so bad due to the disability I have. I absolutely would have loved to have been an athlete as a kid, it just wasn't in the cards for me.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 06:54 PM)
RE: Username, I read fangraphs religiously. That was one of the reasons why I was high on Anderson going into this season. I should have said that he sucks right now. He looks lost. As I am typing this, Anderson gets a hit. No, I didn't play baseball past 4th grade because I have some physical coordination issues that make it impossible to play such a game. I love sports, but I can't play because my hand-eye coordination is so bad due to the disability I have. I absolutely would have loved to have been an athlete as a kid, it just wasn't in the cards for me.

I played low level college ball and also love sabermetrics. If I had known more about sabermetrics as a 20 year old I'd have been a lot better player.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 06:53 PM)
I have been on that boat for a year now. He is a 8 or 9 hitter on a winning team, I will stand by that.

Doesnt matter where he hits. He does a lot of little things to win.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:54 PM)

Also keep in mind this guy did just sign a life altering contract. It may be wreaking havoc on his ABs trying to earn every penny each time. We will see. There definitely are red flags with him, but there also is a lot of talent. It is way too soon this season to form an opinion.

I feel like Narvaez gives up on framing too many times. For instance pitch number 3 (or 4?) to Austin Jackson was yanked away from the strike zone before the ump could even make a call. It was borderline. Not the first time I have seen him do that

Edited by reiks12

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 06:41 PM)
This is different, because bad stretches involve bad luck. When a hitter strikes out 33% of ABs in with no walks, in a 7 game stretch, it is more than a "bad stretch" it is being bad at hitting a baseball. Sure, he has 4 hits but until Anderson starts hitting it hard with more consistency, and making more contact, I am going to assume that he sucks. Hasn't your argument been that prospects are suspects until proven otherwise? I'm taking that approach. Yes, I wanted the rebuild but I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade. The losing that the Sox have done since 2011 will make it that much sweeter when they are winning again.

Good you didn't see Moncada's stint in Boston last year. Besides his hitting, with his bad defense and mental errors you would have wanted him put on waivers.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 06:02 PM)
Man if Holland and Shields can keep this going I will be very excited for this coming trade deadline.

We'll see, but I kinda like having professionals like Gonzalez, Shields, and Holland around to keep the rest of the team sane. If they replace those guys too soon, and then have injuries, it would be a bad thing for the development of some guys. And it's not like those guys are going to bring back a lot anyway.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:54 PM)

Sorry for lighting you up, that was over the top on my end. You're totally right that he's looked lost so far - didn't realize you weren't saying he's a lost cause. Let's hope he turns it around and that contract looks smart.

Edited by Username