Greg Hibbard

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)
This could be a loooong night. :lol:

"It's supposed to rain this weekend. White Sox shouldn't even waste their time going to Minneapolis. Play these games in the summer when there is better weather." -flavum probably

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 09:18 AM)
Yesterday the White Sox were going to get run out of town.......I must say I am becoming intrigued.

A great story would be if Joe Maddon actually made the Sox a better team by leaving Tampa.

I haven't had enough coffee yet. Explain.

Edit: oh, because we got Ricky Renteria haha

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 09:44 AM)
Rain has gone from 90% at game time last night to 60% this morning. Progress.

Sunday may be the only game they get in.

You are such a pessimistic dude, ChiSox59. LOL

I saw Covey in spring. He is literally the generic right handed AAAA SP. He's Caucasian, about 6'2, maybe 200 lbs wet. He throws his heater about 89-92. He has a mediocre curve and a mediocre at best changeup.

His control is mediocre to poor and his command is mediocre. He has no out pitch at the MLB level and will rely quite a bit on defense and ground balls if he's to have any success tonight.

Good luck dude. It might be a very long night. Hopefully in a month he's replaced either by Rodon or Lopez. I believe the super 2 deadline is May 13th this year.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 12:04 PM)
Only complain with him is the framing but if he hits like this I'll live with it.

He always sets up outside the strike zone, calls a lot high and wide to RH hitters. I think he just needs reps. He is doing a lot of the set-up to make it look like ball hit in zone, just not soft enough yet.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 11:42 AM)
I saw Covey in spring. He is literally the generic right handed AAAA SP. He's Caucasian, about 6'2, maybe 200 lbs wet. He throws his heater about 89-92. He has a mediocre curve and a mediocre at best changeup.

His control is mediocre to poor and his command is mediocre. He has no out pitch at the MLB level and will rely quite a bit on defense and ground balls if he's to have any success tonight.

Good luck dude. It might be a very long night. Hopefully in a month he's replaced either by Rodon or Lopez. I believe the super 2 deadline is May 13th this year.

Rabbit posted this on twitter

IMG_0448.PNG

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 12:31 PM)
Rabbit posted this on twitter

IMG_0448.PNG

That's for the extra year of service time. What is the date where the team gets the additional pre-arbitration season? Is that Super-two? I know the Pirates held down Polanco for like 2 months that one season when he was raking and clearly ready to come up but they did it so they get the extra even cheaper year out of it.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 11:42 AM)

What does white have anything to do with it?

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
You are such a pessimistic dude, ChiSox59. LOL

Lol. How is that pessimistic? I live in Minneapolis and have tickets for Friday and Sat so I have been following the weather all week. How does reporting the weather make me pessimistic?

It's literally supposed to start thunder storming at game time both Friday and Sat. It looks like the storms have moved back a bit tonight, but still north of 50% chance of rain from game time on.

In terms of a pessimism spectrum on this forum, id be near the bottom.

Edited by ChiSox59

FWIW, Covey has basically no experience above A-ball. Having low expectations isn't being a Debbie downer. Even if you thought he was going to be something, it would be quite the leap to say he's ready right now.