April 24th Game Thread: Chicago Whife Sox vs. KC Royals

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest hit in that inning was Frazier's double. I feel so bad for the guy. Coming off a nasty flu, seems like all he does is k or popup, then he comes through with a bases loaded full count and effectively seals the deal. That had to do wonders for his mental state up there at the plate.

Keep bashing those KC pitchers...wear em out for the rest of the series.

Miguel Gonzalez is pitching like the ace of the staff right now. He is one of if not the best pickup by Rick Hahn so far.

Still very early and time will ultimately tell but who knows, Davidson may be someone who can contribute for the next several years in some role.

We'll know more I guess when the Sox either trade Frazier or he leaves via free agency.

And this is a weird stat, Sox have a bad, bad offense...yet three times already they've scored 10 or more runs in a game.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 08:41 PM)
Was going to ask you who you root for in these KC/Sox battles, but this made it clear.

Seriously? Fathom knows I hate the Royals.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 08:48 PM)
Guy brings up the Royals in so many posts over the past couple years to the point where it is pretty obvious.

I live here, yes I know their team just as Caulfield does. But to show you how much I don't like them, I don't want to be anywhere near Kauffman Stadium unless Chicago is playing KC. They do not interest me.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 12:47 AM)
Davidson has the power Viciedo and Avi Garcia were supposed to have...

Of course, two weeks from now he'll probably be hitting .212, but it's more interesting than watching Pedro Alvarez or Chris Carter I suppose.

I wish we had Alvarez.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 01:27 AM)
Good argument by Stoney for a balanced schedule.

Did he say it's boring to play Cleveland, KC, Detroit and Minnie so many times. The Royals flak radio guy was selling the upcoming homestand over and over on the radio. They play Cleveland, Chicago and Minnie. Whoopie. Same opponents 19 times a season year after year. Boring.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 03:15 AM)
Bullpen is absolutely unbelievable

Swarzak and Khanle are completely dominating

Sox bullpen has gotten off to good starts before then become amazingly bad.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 03:17 AM)
I watched a full baseball game tonight and it was good. I know the Sox are in full mode rebuild, but it's still nice to see them win.

Full mode rebuild? Seriously?

Nice win tonight. Nice to beat the ROyals in a game played in a month besides September when it don't matter at all.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 10:29 PM)
Still very early and time will ultimately tell but who knows, Davidson may be someone who can contribute for the next several years in some role.

We'll know more I guess when the Sox either trade Frazier or he leaves via free agency.

And this is a weird stat, Sox have a bad, bad offense...yet three times already they've scored 10 or more runs in a game.

Mark

The offense has either been really good or really bad. Kinda crazy

Holy s*** balls I was freezing out there, but man, the Sox were smashing everything. I like to tease my best friend that comes to these games with me (Dbacks fan) about Davidson. I pantomimed a "typing" motion in front of him and told him I was typing in the launch codes for Davidson. He laughed and rolled his eyes, and 2 seconds later Davidson crushed a dinger. However, I did also tell him Davidson would hit 4 HR tonight, so I didn't quite predict them all correctly.