Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

I think the Tigers lost Wilson and Mahtook for the last few games they play this season... and perhaps Miggy and Candelario as well.

They're a big threat for the number 1 slot.

:angry:

Wouldn't be surprised if they don't end up winning another game this year - as someone said earlier this week.

Just hope that we stay within 2 games of the Phillies and Giants heading into the final series against Cleveland. Pray they sweep us and the Gaints can win some against San Diego while the Phillies beat the Mets...

I guess. :unsure:

Edited by hi8is

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday:

Won- Giants, Padres, Pirates, Braves, A's

Lost- Phillies, Tigers, White Sox, Reds, Mets

8 days left

Team (Games left) - Sox Magic Number to have higher pick:

1. Phillies(7) - 10 (-2.5 GB)*

2. Giants(7) - 9 (-1.5 GB)**

3. Tigers(7) - 8 (+0.5 GA)***

4. White Sox(8)

5. Reds(7) - 5 (+3.5 GA)****

6. Mets(8) - 4

7. Padres(7) - 1

8. Pirates(7) - 0

9. Braves(9) - 1

10. A's(8) - 0

*The Sox need to be 2.5 games worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Phillies

**The Sox need to be 1.5 games worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Giants

***Tigers have to be a half game worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Sox

****Reds have to be 3.5 games worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Sox

Edited by flavum

It sucks the Angels will be coming to town pretty much out of it, and there's a good chance the Indians will have AL homefield advantage wrapped up by next Saturday. They're still close to the Dodgers for WS homefield.

4th pick is fine though.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 08:28 AM)
I just know we'll fall in love with picks 1-4 and draft like Singer at 4 and everyone will be kinda bummed.

I know what you mean but getting a guy like Singer might not be that bad.

It looks like he might be the fastest guy in the draft to contribute at the maj-

or league level and so far he has been healthy and not over used.

QUOTE (zisk @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 12:47 PM)

It looks like he might be the fastest guy in the draft to contribute at the maj-

Certainly not. But weve had oppo to draft elite college pitcher before, but have missed out on the elite prep bats.

QUOTE (zisk @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 12:47 PM)

Speed to the majors better not be a factor in who they pick.

I predicted they would pick 4th about a month ago. I cited the cupcake schedule the Sox had left and that's proven to be true.

But it doesn't bother me as much as I expected it might. Much of the team's success has come because of the growth of our young core guys - Moncada, Giolito, Lopez, Anderson, etc. These are all good things for the rebuild. Yeah we'll get a slightly lesser player in the draft - oh well, life goes on. The rebuild is looking flippin' fantastic right now.

QUOTE (Chisoxmb35 @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 05:35 PM)
No, it's a remote possibility. What's with the glass is half empty thing?

Just words. Remote/decent. Whatever.

The math is the math. The Sox have a 4-3 week, and the Reds go 1-5, they have a higher pick. Not likely, but a possibility that isn't out of the question.

I'm optimistic the Sox hang on to 4th. Happy?

If the Reds picked up 3 games on the Sox in the last 5 games - then how is picking up 2 more in the last 6 'remote'? Especially with them ina tailspin and the Sox playing well.

I mean, yeah the Sox are likely to hold that 4th slot. But it's far from certain or remote.

Sunday:

Won- Phillies, White Sox, Pirates, A's

Lost- Giants, Tigers, Reds, Mets, Padres, Braves

7 days left

Team (Games left) - Sox Magic Number to have higher pick:

1. Giants (6) - 9

2. Phillies (6) - 9

3. Tigers (6) - 8

4. White Sox (7)

5. Reds (6) - 5 (+2.5 GA)

6. Mets (7) - 4

7. Padres (6) - 1

8. Braves (8) - 1

9. Pirates (6)

10. A's (7)

Teams 7-11 are within 3 games of each other. I'm happy with where the Sox are with a week left.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Soha @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 05:07 PM)
If the Reds picked up 3 games on the Sox in the last 5 games - then how is picking up 2 more in the last 6 'remote'? Especially with them ina tailspin and the Sox playing well.

I mean, yeah the Sox are likely to hold that 4th slot. But it's far from certain or remote.

I was being hyperbolic. I noticed the quoted poster always tints post in a negative light. Remote maybe wasn't the right word. Unlikely would have been better.

QUOTE (Chisoxmb35 @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 04:54 PM)
I was being hyperbolic. I noticed the quoted poster always tints post in a negative light. Remote maybe wasn't the right word. Unlikely would have been better.

Welcome aboard! May you have a great experience here which increases your readily apparent ChiSox fandom. Hope you stick around until at least 2041.

Your nickname, by the way - is the bee's knees.

:wub: