DRAFT TRACKER 2017, and Day One Discussion

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 06:04 PM)
I wonder how far Kendall falls now.

How funny would it be if we had him already signed at 49... don't at all think for a second it's happening or could happen... but living on Mars that'd be cool. :P

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:04 PM)
Easily imaginable if they don't think White can play in the outfield.

The stuff I'm reading makes it seem really unlikely that Burger makes it to the MLB as a 3B. If you think he does, I suppose that would change the outlook for sure.

Zimmermann, Verlander, Cabrera, SANCHEZ (this year), Victor Martinez...lots of bad contracts.

At best, they trade JD Martinez and Kinsler, try to keep Avila healthy (trade and bring back).

Fulmer, Norris and Boyd are solid, but not good enough after Fulmer in terms of young starting pitching.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 07:59 PM)
Hostetler just got asked about trading picks, similar to what I asked in another thread. He said it's coming in the next CBA or two but he's not thrilled about it

Creates another advantage to skilled front offices...the most able of which probably will just keep their picks.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 08:14 PM)
Missed the end of the answer by Hostetler, but seems like he said focus might be on lefty hitter in 2nd or 3rd

I'm not against getting bats in this system.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 03:08 PM)
The stuff I'm reading makes it seem really unlikely that Burger makes it to the MLB as a 3B. If you think he does, I suppose that would change the outlook for sure.

Last year the readings were it was unlikely Collins would make it to the MLB as a C. Now I feel we all have optimism he will but now the concern is about his hitting. I feel at this time next year we will have a better reading if Burger will be able to remain at 3B.