Quintana

ScootsMcGoots

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the Brewers and Cubs involved would help his market quite a bit, as its hard to see an AL team biting right now. The Yankees are regressing hard and the Astros already have one of the best rotations in baseball. Hopefully the Barves rumors are true as well. I'd prefer him in the NL, obviously.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
Getting the Brewers and Cubs involved would help his market quite a bit, as its hard to see an AL team biting right now. The Yankees are regressing hard and the Astros already have one of the best rotations in baseball. Hopefully the Barves rumors are true as well. I'd prefer him in the NL, obviously.

Do they? They have two awesome starters and then a bunch of question marks. That's not going to work very well come playoff time. IMO, they'll almost certainly add another quality starter.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)

Would be fun to watch Q in Milwaukee... I live about 10m from Miller Park and work downtown. I've been trying to explain to my buddies that want Sonny Gray to go for Quintana instead, he's really more value than Gray right now.

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 11:49 AM)
Would be fun to watch Q in Milwaukee... I live about 10m from Miller Park and work downtown. I've been trying to explain to my buddies that want Sonny Gray to go for Quintana instead, he's really more value than Gray right now.

Quintana has an additional year of control and a much better track record of health. He's a much safer bet in my opinion if I was going to trade top prospects.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 10:22 AM)
Do they? They have two awesome starters and then a bunch of question marks. That's not going to work very well come playoff time. IMO, they'll almost certainly add another quality starter.

It's possible, but there's not much pressure. They seem like a better match for Gray, who they can probably get without trading Tucker or Whitley.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 12:22 PM)
It's possible, but there's not much pressure. They seem like a better match for Gray, who they can probably get without trading Tucker or Whitley.

Contenders like the astros and Dodgers absolutely will be looking to add I'm talent at the deadline. Same goes for the Nationals. When the world series in working reach there's no reason not to go for it.

QUOTE (Soha @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 07:01 AM)
I agree that they have to include Brinson or forget it. But if they do, they probably don't have to add a whole lot more.

Hader, Woodruff and Ortiz are all top 100 prospects, too. Woodruff is likely #2, so it'd likely be Brinson, Hader OR Ortiz and then a lottery ticket.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 12:37 PM)
Royals are supposedly kicking the tires on Gray. Would be awesome if they took him or another top P off the market quickly. Definitely might spur the rest of the market.

Would 100% love that. Gets the other TOR starter off the market to a surprise buyer while further weakening a divisional foe's long-term outlook.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 12:37 PM)
Royals are supposedly kicking the tires on Gray. Would be awesome if they took him or another top P off the market quickly. Definitely might spur the rest of the market.

That's what I've been saying about the Cubs. Have a team acquire another SP who is very unlikely for Q.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 04:25 PM)
Why?

Looks like he had a big day. 3 for 4 with a HR and triple and 4 rbi's. Average was like .188 when i looked this morning I think, now it's .300

Either way, the Yankees have been sliding out of the race. I'd be very surprised if they were buyers.

QUOTE (Soha @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 06:32 PM)
Looks like he had a big day. 3 for 4 with a HR and triple and 4 rbi's. Average was like .188 when i looked this morning I think, now it's .300

Either way, the Yankees have been sliding out of the race. I'd be very surprised if they were buyers.

They're still only 3.5 games behind Boston and currently have the top spot in the AL wild card race. I don't see them making an aggressive move now, but if they're in this same position around the deadline I think they'll look to add. Frazier because he'd fill a need for them at 1B/3B and wouldn't cost much, plus Quintana for obvious reasons both look like ideal Yankees trade targets to me.

QUOTE (Soha @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 06:32 PM)

I mean, it's 22 plate appearances. I seriously doubt his production in those at-bats has any impact on whether they decide to keep or trade him. Also, the Yankees are still in the lead for the wild card. Adding Quintana fits both short-term and long-term goals. Furthermore, the Yankees are already loaded with outfielders on the major league roster (when healthy) and should have Fowler back sometime next season. I personally think Frazier is expendable for them.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 06:51 PM)
I mean, it's 22 plate appearances. I seriously doubt his production in those at-bats has any impact on whether they decide to keep or trade him. Also, the Yankees are still in the lead for the wild card. Adding Quintana fits both short-term and long-term goals. Furthermore, the Yankees are already loaded with outfielders on the major league roster (when healthy) and should have Fowler back sometime next season. I personally think Frazier is expendable for them.

I agree Frazier is probably expendable to them. I don't want him as a headliner for Q though. I'd rather the Sox target guys like Eloy or Brinson to headline a deal.