NLCS: Cubs vs. Dodgers

LittleHurt05

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 04:04 PM)
I had an idea. Maybe some of use can meet at a bar for a game in the city or burbs and root for the dodgers in silence. :lol:

I like the idea but count me out, for your own good. Me + beer + cheering for the Dodgers surrounded by cubs fans is guaranteed trouble that I wouldn't want to get you all into. :lol:

I'll give ya two examples as food for thought.

1) when the Marlins knocked the cubs out of the playoffs in 2003. I bought a Miguel Cabrera Marlins jersey and wore it with my Sox hat to purposely taunt cubs fans at a local bar while chanting Bartman's name.

2) in January 2006 I was driving a truck and had a delivery on the north side. My helper wanted to find a McDonald's to eat. Oddly enough just up ahead was the McDonald's that used to sit across from Wrigley. Didn't bother me to walk into the place wearing my Sox hat and jacket. Man, if looks could kill...

:D :gosox1:

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 09:59 AM)
Lots of irrational Cubbie hate here! Go Chicago! These guys aren't assholes, the real asshole is the National's Daniel Murphy anti-gay bible thumping loon. Glad to see he doesn't advance.

Go cubs!

How does someone who is so clearly just a casual baseball fan, find this forum?

Saying you root for both teams, or "I just want Chicago to do well", is just code for "I'm not really a big baseball fan".

Not saying you have to openly root against against the Cubs, but rooting for a rival does not make sense for hardcore fans.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
Guys, we're in the midst of Cub dynasty. Cubs over the Dodgers to reach the WS. Book it. Don't know how many games yet.

Careful. The royals will get jealous if they hear you talking this way. Wouldn't want to upset your other favorite team.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 05:25 AM)
How does someone who is so clearly just a casual baseball fan, find this forum?

Saying you root for both teams, or "I just want Chicago to do well", is just code for "I'm not really a big baseball fan".

Not saying you have to openly root against against the Cubs, but rooting for a rival does not make sense for hardcore fans.

Not a bad post. Sometimes I think it's good for the city when a Chicago team of any kind wins it all, but I can't "approve" of a Cubs WS title. I do think now that they won one, it's not that big a deal any more. Of course if they win two in a row you are talking Hall of Fame status for Maddon and Theo immediately and immortality for anybody who played for both WS teams.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 12:22 PM)
Careful. The royals will get jealous if they hear you talking this way. Wouldn't want to upset your other favorite team.

Cmon. I deserve credit for never jumping on that bandwagon. I survived their little run of greatness and went to 2 games in that span; both Sox games. I didn't jump on the bandwagon; was nowhere near their parade. Never once applauded their victories. I think they made a big mistake breaking up that bullpen. That bullpen wasn't finished. I think greg haters need to reassess. I told you before. I am not the enemy. I probably disagree with the board 70 percent of the time. The world is a better place when people disagree on issues. It teaches tolerance and respect. Sports are not life and death.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 06:07 PM)
Losing Seager sucks but Chris Taylor is a pretty damn good fall back option. I don't think the loss is as huge as its initially perceived. Taylor's RH bat might be a big help against against Lester and Q. We will see.

He plays outfield for them, not SS. Won't it be k*** at SS now

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)
He plays outfield for them, not SS. Won't it be k*** at SS now

Stuff I've been reading indicates the Dodgers could move Taylor to SS and play Joc in CF. I don't know how Taylor's D is at SS though. Could be a hack for all I know.

Corey Seager can technically return during this series. If a player on the roster gets injured, Seager can replace them. It's been speculated that Seager needs a bit more time. They could theoretically have him miss 2 games against Lester and Q and then someone on their team gets "injured" and Seager takes their place. Only catch is that injured player who leaves during NLCS is ineligible for World Series roster