**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 27, 2018 -> 11:04 AM)
I don't like trump. I do want prosperity. So yes i want him to succeed

1. Neither do I, and he's done nothing in his first year to change that.

2. I also want prosperity, but personal wealth (mine, yours, Trumps') shouldn't be at the expense of our rights, the environment, etc. Money isn't everything. As a Catholic, you might recognize "whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me."

3. Ultimately, I want Trump to succeed. I try not to think of politics as an us vs. them thing. If everything is good for the vast majority of people due to the policies of the current administration, what do I care if the person getting credit has a D or R next to their name? Truthfully, I don't notice much of difference personally no matter who is in charge.

And, my response to your earlier post was that you wouldn't take the time to look up the stock market results for preceeding years. They were not all negative, as I recall. But, I don't recall Rs rushing to credit Obama.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jan 28, 2018 -> 08:03 PM)
1. Neither do I, and he's done nothing in his first year to change that.

2. I also want prosperity, but personal wealth (mine, yours, Trumps') shouldn't be at the expense of our rights, the environment, etc. Money isn't everything. As a Catholic, you might recognize "whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me."

3. Ultimately, I want Trump to succeed. I try not to think of politics as an us vs. them thing. If everything is good for the vast majority of people due to the policies of the current administration, what do I care if the person getting credit has a D or R next to their name? Truthfully, I don't notice much of difference personally no matter who is in charge.

And, my response to your earlier post was that you wouldn't take the time to look up the stock market results for preceeding years. They were not all negative, as I recall. But, I don't recall Rs rushing to credit Obama.

Good point on No. 2 Buffalo. Trump certainly does not qualify as a good person I don't think. I should blast his social agenda more on here. Good points.

3. I agree. As I've stated most of my presidential votes have been abstain or for the Democrat and I am a Republican.

I have heard about Obama deserving the credit for the economy being better. But in the story I read it said if the economy was bad now, the Obama lovers would be blaming Trump not Obama. So it's all partisan.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 28, 2018 -> 01:19 PM)
Good point on No. 2 Buffalo. Trump certainly does not qualify as a good person I don't think. I should blast his social agenda more on here. Good points.

3. I agree. As I've stated most of my presidential votes have been abstain or for the Democrat and I am a Republican.

I have heard about Obama deserving the credit for the economy being better. But in the story I read it said if the economy was bad now, the Obama lovers would be blaming Trump not Obama. So it's all partisan.

Greg you make me want to swallow my gun.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 28, 2018 -> 08:21 PM)
Greg you make me want to swallow my gun.

Why. I try my best. I can't help it if people think I listen to Rush hours upon hours and Hannity (I actually can't stand his voice and won't listen to him more than 30 seconds) when in all reality I catch a take from Rush if I'm not in the mood for the Beatles channel or local sports talk radio in the short spurts driving around town. I want prosperity. I don't see much of it the past several years.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 28, 2018 -> 02:31 PM)
Obvs because Trump is racist sexist xenophobic and antigay.

He clearly loves picking fights with black people often telling them they should be grateful. I am not saying he doesn't pick fights with white people, but a large proportion of his feuds are with people of color.

Edited by Dick Allen

Here's Bill Maher's list

Colin Kaepernick, LaVar Ball, Barack Obama, Eric Holder, “the war widow from the failed raid in Niger” and “the war widow’s congresswoman,” the Central Park Five, Steph Curry, “the UCLA basketball players arrested in China,” Whoopi Goldberg, April Ryan, “the entire NFL,” the cast of Hamilton, the cities of Atlanta and Chicago, Nigeria, Haiti, “and the entire continent of Africa.”

Now add Jay Z.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2018 -> 03:03 PM)
Here's Bill Maher's list

Colin Kaepernick, LaVar Ball, Barack Obama, Eric Holder, “the war widow from the failed raid in Niger” and “the war widow’s congresswoman,” the Central Park Five, Steph Curry, “the UCLA basketball players arrested in China,” Whoopi Goldberg, April Ryan, “the entire NFL,” the cast of Hamilton, the cities of Atlanta and Chicago, Nigeria, Haiti, “and the entire continent of Africa.”

Now add Jay Z.

Did he make that list before or after his tasteful Holocaust joke?

I'm just surprised we haven't seen a comment yet about the Bush SNL impression from Greg...

Bill Maher has dissected President Donald Trump’s oft-repeated defense that he’s “the least racist person anyone has ever met.”

On Friday’s broadcast of “Real Time,” the comedian said that if Trump kept on insisting it was true then he had to explain “why the single most consistent thing in his whole life is he loves to pick fights with black people.”

“Of all his myriad insanities, if I had to pick one line for his tombstone it would be, ‘Here Lies Donald Trump: Picked Fights With Black People,’” quipped Maher.

“Think of the list,” he said, before reeling off the names of people that Trump has attacked over the years.

“Is it just a coincidence that he’s perpetually pissed off at the NBA and NFL but golfers and hockey players never seem to bother him?” asked Maher, before lightheartedly suggesting another group of people that Trump may like to aim his anger at instead.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-m...4b0ddb658c6a899

Voters of color won't be fooled by Trump's claims on black jobless rate

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/26/opinions/eco...nion/index.html

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 28, 2018 -> 07:52 PM)
The President was asked if he believes in climate change. This was his answer.

DUqaxXzWkAALnTi.jpg

The coal industry sees no contradiction in these last few sentences with Trump admin policy.

Maybe he's trying to bring back "Trump Water" for a second go-around?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 29, 2018 -> 02:46 AM)
I'm just surprised we haven't seen a comment yet about the Bush SNL impression from Greg...

Bill Maher has dissected President Donald Trump’s oft-repeated defense that he’s “the least racist person anyone has ever met.”

On Friday’s broadcast of “Real Time,” the comedian said that if Trump kept on insisting it was true then he had to explain “why the single most consistent thing in his whole life is he loves to pick fights with black people.”

“Of all his myriad insanities, if I had to pick one line for his tombstone it would be, ‘Here Lies Donald Trump: Picked Fights With Black People,’” quipped Maher.

“Think of the list,” he said, before reeling off the names of people that Trump has attacked over the years.

“Is it just a coincidence that he’s perpetually pissed off at the NBA and NFL but golfers and hockey players never seem to bother him?” asked Maher, before lightheartedly suggesting another group of people that Trump may like to aim his anger at instead.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-m...4b0ddb658c6a899

Voters of color won't be fooled by Trump's claims on black jobless rate

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/26/opinions/eco...nion/index.html

You know what, I did watch SNL again. I generally like Will Ferrell. I only liked one skit quite a bit on the show. It was where a bunch of couples were sitting at dinner and were uncomfortable discussing sexual harrasment issues of the day. It was good stuff IMO.

I thought the Bush thing was not good. I mean, it's been too long. I didn't see the point of it. Again, I love Will Ferrell. I think I may have smiled at one of the jokes or something but it was dull skit. Again, I thought one skit in the whole show was funny or sort of funny. I really like Kate McKinnon and wish she was in more skits. I will say I do respect Ferrell. He was probably in six skits in 90 minutes, maybe more. That has to be hard to do live with just a week memorizing lines (i realize there are cue cards).

In conclusion ... Ferrell on the whole A-plus. Ferrell on this particular show - D, but not through his fault. Bad skits.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 28, 2018 -> 09:36 PM)
You know what, I did watch SNL again. I generally like Will Ferrell. I only liked one skit quite a bit on the show. It was where a bunch of couples were sitting at dinner and were uncomfortable discussing sexual harrasment issues of the day. It was good stuff IMO.

I thought the Bush thing was not good. I mean, it's been too long. I didn't see the point of it. Again, I love Will Ferrell. I think I may have smiled at one of the jokes or something but it was dull skit. Again, I thought one skit in the whole show was funny or sort of funny. I really like Kate McKinnon and wish she was in more skits. I will say I do respect Ferrell. He was probably in six skits in 90 minutes, maybe more. That has to be hard to do live with just a week memorizing lines (i realize there are cue cards).

In conclusion ... Ferrell on the whole A-plus. Ferrell on this particular show - D, but not through his fault. Bad skits.

That was a solid 7.5/10 Opening Skit take GW Bush.

Not Ferrell's best work ever, obviously, but it had 2-3 excellent lines that had nearly everyone laughing.

Deep State Dem Conspiracy Terrorizes Republicans as Steve Wynn, Rubio’s Chief Of Staff (Clint Reed), Scott Baio and Vince McMahon All Targets of Sexual Harassment Charges...or was the NFL behind it all?

Nikki Haley and Donald Trump, Jr., fire back at Hillary Clinton for reading Fire & Fury excerpts during Grammy's

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/28/politics/nik...ards/index.html

Christine

����‏ @christi36766871

Replying to @realDonaldTrump

Trump epitomizes the spirit and bravery of our Founders. They did EXACTLY that same thing. They were all nobles who were quite set in the Colonies, with large estates and valuable businesses, but risked it ALL because they wanted to do right by their fellow colonists.

This is from Trump's twitter feed...the funny thing is she has pictures of George Washington, Lincoln, Andrew Jackson (yuck), Teddy Roosevelt, "not you Obama," Ike, Reagan, Trump, and, wait for it......JFK.

Apparently she doesn't realize he was actually a Democrat.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 28, 2018 -> 01:19 PM)

So you admit that the economy got better under Obama but he didn't get enough credit for it. But if the economy suddenly started getting worse under Trump, it somehow wouldn't be his fault?