5/30 Games

DirtySox

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Collins. 2B and a BB so far.

And it was a 2-RBI double. AVG up to .274.

I noticed in his single yesterday that it seemed he actually took less off of his swing and chose to flip the ball in to LCF. He wasn't just trying to crush it to RF. Not sure if that's part of going back to his college approach, but I liked it.

Send Gonzalez down to Charlotte and call-up Smith. When the promotions come I would like to see Collins and Eloy bumped up to Charlotte. Let Alfredo Gonzalez back up Collins at catcher until Zavala is ready for a promotion later this year. 

Edited by BlackSox13

1 hour ago, BlackSox13 said:

Send Gonzalez down to Charlotte and call-up Smith. When the promotions come I would like to see Collins and Eloy bumped up to Charlotte. Let Alfredo Gonzalez back up Collins at catcher until Zavala is ready for a promotion later this year. 

And Bingo was his name-o.  I would love to see Collins and Eloy promoted together.  They are quite the duo.

3 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Dunning finished the 7th at 100 pitches, so he might be done.

7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 9 K

*insert fire emojis*

But remember according to a poster here (that I won't name), his stuff is average. 

Learned something interesting from the Barons’ broadcast at Rickwood.

Since that game is about diversity/inclusion, they mentioned how Dunning’s mother is actually 100% South Korean, so that made him Asian-American or biracial or however you want to classify it.   Apparently, she’s actually around 5’8” and her family is also pretty tall.  (Note: Dane is listed at 6’4”)

He has a cool tattoo, “One Blood,” as well.

So that’s different, has been ages since Takatsu and Iguchi...of course, they were Japanese.  I know we also signed a Korean pitcher somewhere along the way to a decent-sized bonus but he didn’t get out of A ball.

Edited by caulfield12