6/5- Sox at Twins doubleheader, 3:10

flavum

Stone and Bennetti made a good point about Gio. When he's flying off the mound a couple things happen: 1. He loses command 2. His velocity goes down. Ever since they made that point I realized that. He's much more controlled on the mound when he's hitting 93-94 and when he's flying around he's more 90-91. Interesting. Maybe he's not finishing his delivery/having a bad follow through.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

How did we blow this years draft?

Funny thing is he will say we didn't draft a superstar, but if ones says Mize is one, then hoping the Sox would have lost a few more games last year would have made him happy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm surprised after yet another yawn of a draft people continue to clamor for draft picks over W's. Give me W's baby.

You want some W's? Here are some to describe this post.

Worthless. 

Waste of my time.

Wrong.

Wilfully ignorant. 

Without merit.

Whack.

Wacko.

Wreaking havoc on Soxtalk. 

Wholly devoid of intelligence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Approximate odds that runner left on 3B won't play into the final result?

YES, I DID FOLLOW THE GAME ON THE SUBWAY ON MY I-PHONE SO I HAVE JOINED THE THREAD WITHOUT READING EVERY SINGLE POST FOR THE PAST FOUR PAGES.

NOT SURE IF THAT'S ALLOWED OR NOT, OR IF MEMBERS ARE NOW REQUIRED TO READ EVERY SINGLE POST ON THE BOARD BEFORE RESPONDING.

BY THE WAY, Dam and I deserve some credit for calling the Madrigal to Sox pick from the very beginning...without ever wavering.  Skeptics will say that Singer STILL could have been the pick had he not looked like garbage in his last start, but if you have followed everything Hostetler has said the last 3-4 years very carefully, you would know he was the ONLY possible choice once Mize, Bart and Bohm were off the board (and we'll never know for sure, but Hostetler said he would have taken him 1-1, fwiw.)

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Stone and Benetti made a good point about Gio. When he's flying off the mound a couple things happen: 1. He loses command 2. His velocity goes down. Ever since they made that point I realized that. He's much more controlled on the mound when he's hitting 93-94 and when he's flying around he's more 90-91. Interesting. 

Question is does Cooper know this or Giolito for that matter? Is it something they know and are working on? If not then Stone Pony needs to be on the horn to Coop

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I swear it's based off of Cooper's pitching philosophy.  No reason for someone like Lopez to have such bad metrics.

Then how can we look at the success/ful (metrics) of Sale, Quintana....or relievers like Kahnle or Swarzak?  Albers first half of 2016?

Anomalies?

Tilson offensively approaching Trayce Thompson Territory after starting out 5/12 on the season...

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Question is does Cooper know this or Giolito for that matter? Is it something they know and are working on? If not then Stone Pony needs to be on the horn to Coop

It’s 100% that Lucas giolito forgets how to operate his body like every 20 minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

They were talking about him flying around on the mound and it was my observation of the last inning that had the rest of that. I'd be glad to send a note to Coop, but I don't think he'd take advice from a nobody like me. I guess I could let Gio know over Twitter because I follow him but I don't think that would be appropriate. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Funny thing is he will say we didn't draft a superstar, but if ones says Mize is one, then hoping the Sox would have lost a few more games last year would have made him happy.

Fathom said it so he must feel that somewhere in his brain: Lack of a superstar at 4. I have nothing against Mr. Madrigal and Mr. Walker and Pilkington (top three picks are the ones that yu have expectations for) and I wish them well and hope they are great. But the Sox make it easy for anti-draftniks like me every year. Last year they take a Missouri State ballplayer at No. 1 for goshsakes (again I wish him well in his recovery; I'd buy him 10 beers if I could) and this year, tell me why greg shouldn't yawn. This isn't meant to be negative. Again I take the draft for what it is and hope our first 2 picks do well. Like I said I want Ws. But the biggest W ... you tell me W(hy) I should be doing handstands and want to sacrifice wins for No. 4 pick overall? 

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Coop seems like that type of guy who wouldn't take too kindly to Stone telling him how to do his job. 

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Fathom said it so he must feel that somewhere in his brain: Lack of a superstar at 4. I have nothing against Mr. Madrigal and Mr. Walker and Pilkington (top three picks are the ones that yu have expectations for) and I wish them well and hope they are great. But the Sox make it easy for anti-draftniks like me every year. Last year they take a Missouri State ballplayer at No. 1 for goshsakes (again I wish him well in his recovery; I'd buy him 10 beers if I could) and this year, tell me why greg shouldn't yawn. This isn't meant to be negative. Again I take the draft for what it is and hope our first 2 picks do well. Like I said I want Ws. But the biggest W ... you tell me W(hy) I should be doing handstands and want to sacrifice wins for No. 4 pick overall? 

Because they drafted a guy who plays good defense, never strikes out and is hitting .406.

By the way, don’t be one of those rejects who makes fun of high draft picks from small schools. That’s foolish and really shows your lack of knowledge.

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Of course they know. Giolito probably knows it before anyone does. He is obviously having major problems with muscle memory and repeating. It isn't because no one knows, but because it is really hard to do right now for Lucas. Dude has been broken down and rebuilt multiple time in a short career. That is brutal for a pitcher especially one who is most likely overthinking and lacking confidence. 

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Because they drafted a guy who plays good defense, never strikes out and is hitting .406.

By the way, don’t be one of those rejects who makes fun of high draft picks from small schools. That’s foolish and really shows your lack of knowledge.

I won't make fun of anybody, not making fun of Burger. Just saying he was a chubby third baseman from Missouri State. Poor guy has his work cut out.