Flash Flood Watch Game Tonight

Richie

Between fathom’s unwavering negativity & Parkman’s hot takes, I figured Lopez must of given up about 10 runs or so with 0 K’s.  Then I check the box score and see he had a respectable start.  And I get the box score doesn’t tell the whole story, but my god these game threads are brutal, way worse than usual IMO.  It’s really apparent some people can’t deal with the highs & lows that come with developing young talent.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, fathom said:

Jace should be in demand at the deadline, as he has dominated lefties 

Trading 6 years of someone who seems like he can be a dominant reliever doesn't seem like the best move for us. If he were older then I'd be down, but he has so much control left. I'd need a massive return 

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Between fathom’s unwavering negativity & Parkman’s hot takes, I figured Lopez must of given up about 10 runs or so with 0 K’s.  Then I check the box score and see he had a respectable start.  And I get the box score doesn’t tell the whole story, but my god these game threads are brutal, way worse than usual IMO.  It’s really apparent some people can’t deal with the highs & lows that come with developing young talent.

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Just FYI

Lopez FB spin rate: 2088 RPM

MLB AVG: 2263 RPM

Huge difference. Explains a lot. 

See above for my "hot take" on Lopez. idk, it makes his 98 mph fastball easier to hit. Do you even watch the games???? This is why hitters are not late on his 97-98 mph cheddar. They hit him hard, each and every time. The bad defense doesn't help either, but he's probably up there in DRA, and I know he is in xFIP. 

Also, his 6.4 K/9 is closer to a soft tossing LHP rather than a righty power arm, and his BB/9 is almost 4. No good 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

See above for my "hot take" on Lopez. idk, it makes his 98 mph fastball easier to hit. Do you even watch the games???? This is why hitters are not late on his 97-98 mph cheddar. They hit him hard, each and every time. The bad defense doesn't help either, but he's probably up there in DRA, and I know he is in xFIP. 

everybody in this thread watches the games.   Not everyone overreacts to every pitch as if its the end of the world

• Like 1