Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

It wasn’t like he was terrible, but he had some open guys and nerves got to him. He’s not experienced and still developing. Does he suck, maybe he will, but this game isn’t proof of his long term success or suckiness. 

Lets cool the hot takes and see see how the season plays out. I still think by end of year we will all feel very good about franchises future. 

Anything farther than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage was rough for him.  

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Exactly. Go for the 4th down. If you can’t push one yard across in two plays (which seals the game), then Rodgers would have to run the field anyway. Either they kick to tie, or a TD wins away. 

And you burn past the 2 minute warning and put them inside the 20

Throwing and then kicking was the dumbest possible choice. The awful, awful route didn't help

3 minutes ago, bigruss said:

Anything farther than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage was rough for him.  

He d finitely wilted under pressure, but this was his first game in a new offense. I’m not surprised. I noticed quite a few plays where it looked like he missed a guy down the field. Mitch and the offense were playing not to lose the game vs playing to win the game and it got them. 

He looked like a guy afraid to make a turnover. That said, credit to packers secondary that did its thing. 

If Mack was in shape, I think we win that game. If Fuller makes the catch, we win. If Mitch hit like Robinson early in game in red zone, we win.

7 point dogs on road and should have won. Shitty was to loose but I’m more optimistic vs less as I expected them to get smoked. They will come out strong and win next week. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Horrible loss, but some of these takes are beyond hilarious.  Mitch didn’t look great tonight by any means, but let’s give him a bit more time with Nagy before we determine he sucks.

He sucks. We saw it last year, same shit this year. Trading those two #1s for Mack was stupid, not because of the player they got but because they're nowhere near ready to make that move. Nagy got incredibly outcoached tonight, and McCarthy just put on tape how to beat this defense. WCO stuff with quick passes and they can't do anything. You beat this Bears team the same way you beat the 46 defense... Quick throws. WCO stuff still works. 

The past 6 months has taught me a lot about sports... Don't ever get excited about anything, because it is always premature. Your team has to prove it over the course of multiple seasons, otherwise it is all a mirage. Hope is what snake oil salesmen try to sell you before they take your cash. Expect nothing. Ever. Everyone sucks until proven otherwise. Always. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

It wasn’t like he was terrible, but he had some open guys and nerves got to him. He’s not experienced and still developing. Does he suck, maybe he will, but this game isn’t proof of his long term success or suckiness. 

Lets cool the hot takes and see see how the season plays out. I still think by end of year we will all feel very good about franchises future. 

That's how I look at it .Some conservative play calling in the 2nd half led to this. Passing plays became lateral instead of vertical. Bears had a chance to seal the game with an interception and Fuller drops it like he had done all of 2017. MT looked fine in the vertical passing game until Pack threw 6 and 7 DB's out there.

For a game in GB the Bears showed a lot of promise. Losing the way they did is a gut punch but they shouldn't hang their heads. Imagine when Mack gets his stamina and Smith learns the defense better.

And if we want to blame anyone for the loss tonight (other than Fuller), let’s rip Nagy for not going for it on 4th & 1 on like the 12 yard line.  The 3 points we got there don’t really mean much when you’r going against a QB like Rodgers with plenty of time on the clock.  If I had to guess, Nagy didn’t want to be burned on two aggressive play calls in one game and decided to play it safe.  And I’m not playing the hindsight card, I was pissed the moment they decided to go for the field goal.  Very dumb decision IMO.

The only thing that gets me is can anyone name me a good qb that has looked like Mitch has looked for this many games now? 

May best we are in the Kirk cousins / Alex smith territory, and what I saw out of mahomes and Watson today? Good god. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

And if we want to blame anyone for the loss tonight (other than Fuller), let’s rip Nagy for not going for it on 4th & 1 on like the 12 yard line.  The 3 points we got there don’t really mean much when you’r going against a QB like Rodgers with plenty of time on the clock.  If I had to guess, Nagy didn’t want to be burned on two aggressive play calls in one game and decided to play it safe.  And I’m not playing the hindsight card, I was pissed the moment they decided to go for the field goal.  Very dumb decision IMO.

They should have gone for it, absolutely.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

This thread is worse than a postgame call sheet on The Score. 

The loss hurts because of the first half, and how impressive they looked for two quarters. Everything changed when #12 came back. 

At the end of the day, most Bears fans didn’t think tonight was going to be a W. It certainly should have been after what we saw in the first half, but it doesn’t change much in the grand scheme of the season. 

Where's Doug Buffone when you need him.... RIP Doug. 

Doug and O'B were therapy for disgruntled Bear fans. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Tony said:

This thread is worse than a postgame call sheet on The Score. 

The loss hurts because of the first half, and how impressive they looked for two quarters. Everything changed when #12 came back. 

At the end of the day, most Bears fans didn’t think tonight was going to be a W. It certainly should have been after what we saw in the first half, but it doesn’t change much in the grand scheme of the season. 

At some point, Bears are going to have to win games. It’s been 4 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He's a new head coach with less than a season of even being a game caller. Hopefully, he learned something tonight.

Edited by ptatc

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He sucks. We saw it last year, same shit this year. Trading those two #1s for Mack was stupid, not because of the player they got but because they're nowhere near ready to make that move. Nagy got incredibly outcoached tonight, and McCarthy just put on tape how to beat this defense. WCO stuff with quick passes and they can't do anything. You beat this Bears team the same way you beat the 46 defense... Quick throws. WCO stuff still works. 

Jack, if your analysis of Trubisky includes any games from last year then it’s flawed from the get go.  He was a fairly raw prospect coming out of college and played with what might be the worst WR group in recent NFL history.  He was setup for failure last year.  And his first game under Nagy doesn’t mean much either.  We all have to give this kid half a season under Nagy before we hit the panic button.

16 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Rough look for a team that tried to hide all their tricks and plays and still got shut down 

Matt Nagy refusing to feed Howard that 2nd half is Trestman level stupid.

All the shitty snaps made me glad they didn't bother to play the starters at all in the last 2 preseason games.

Matt Nagy stupidly refusing to feed Howard all 2nd half was Ron-Turner-in-the-Super-Bowl stupid.

3rd and 1 in the Red Zone, with a hot Aaron Rodgers? Of course you put the game responsibility on your young, unproven QB instead of your quality RB, right?

Why are Bears coaches so fucking stooopud?

I’m no conspiracy theorist but this game  seemed fixed to me. Rodgers carted off, comes back and can’t plant. Nothing but high snaps by Whitehair in the 2nd half. All offensive creativity disappears in the second half.  A wheel route on 3rd and 1 to Cohen (not even a play action!!!) followed by blown coverage on 3rd down. And Fuller’s horrible dropped pick.  C’mon  

Rodgers is the best in the game but this was seriously fishy to me. 

Edited by Chi Town Sox

My mental notes from the game:

- Interesting third and short calls. They carry Howard and a full back, why not run it up the gut or between the tackles with some pulling if necessary?

- The defensive backs deserve blame for those touchdowns in the second half and the Bears needed to counter McCarthy’s adjustments in the second half.

- The Bears need more passes to the middle instead of to the sidelines to use the whole field.

- Trubisky is still developing. Nice drive before the Packers went on top but he looked rattled at the end.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

It should have absolutely started tonight. No question after the first half they had. People have every right to be pissed, I am too. 

What I do take issue with is the meatball Fire Nagy, Trubisky is trash, this team will only won 4 games. I know it’s 2018 and this is the world we live in...but be better Soxtalk.

I get it, but it does scare me that Trubisky has looked so bad in big moments.

Just now, Chi Town Sox said:

I’m no conspiracy theorist but this game  seemed fixed to me. Rodgers carted off, comes back and can’t plant. Nothing but high snaps by Whitehair in the 2nd half. All offensive creativity disappears in the second half.  A wheel route on 3rd and 1 to Cohen (not even a play action!!!) followed by blown coverage on 3rd down.  C’mon  

Rodgers is the best in the game but this was seriously fishy to me. 

Not sure if I wish this was even close to remotely true instead of the reality being Nagy calling a terrible game and Trubisky looking like Nathan Peterman on a few throws late in the game

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

My mental notes from the game:

- Interesting third and short calls. They carry Howard and a full back, why not run it up the gut or between the tackles with some pulling if necessary?

- The defensive backs deserve blame for those touchdowns in the second half and the Bears needed to counter McCarthy’s adjustments in the second half.

- The Bears need more passes to the middle instead of to the sidelines to use the whole field.

- Trubisky is still developing. Nice drive before the Packers went on top but he looked rattled at the end.

Fox runs theball too much. Nagy doesnt run it enough. Get used to the wide open offense.