04/09/2019 Sox vs Rays

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Key thing to watch with Santana is the slider. It's been bad so far. His entire career, he's gotten by with a mix of just-okay fastball and just-okay changeup and an elite slider. Much like Rodon, he may be able to pitch over reduced velocity — at least well enough to stick around in this rotation — but only if he's throwing his slider well

If I'm coaching, I go out there and tell him to throw that slider 60-70% of the time until he has the feel for it. No need to pitch conventionally when you've already given up 5 in 2 and 2/3 innings

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Rick Hahn has been a GM for now his 7th season. His teams have finished at least 15 games out of first every season. For those of you who thought he was a baseball genius, the joke is on you.

He’s never finished above 4th place and yet is still somehow going strong.

Just now, SoxAce said:

Yea its getting ridiculous at this point. 

It's an interesting dynamic since with GarPax, the non-hardliners tend to focus on Gar and think Paxson may actually be competent. I assume this is partly because the team was better when Paxson was more clearly in control. With the Sox, it's the opposite despite the fact it's also true the team was better before Hahn became the face of the front office

It takes true talent to be able to assemble a team that is this fucking bad literally every single season. The players change but the performance looks exactly the same year after year after year.

Just now, aryzner said:

It takes true talent to be able to assemble a team that is this fucking bad literally every single season. The players change but the performance looks exactly the same year after year after year.

That's what Im saying. I'm starting to think they are spending money on bad players for tanking purposes. Not even kidding.

Just now, Jake said:

It's an interesting dynamic since with GarPax, the non-hardliners tend to focus on Gar and think Paxson may actually be competent. I assume this is partly because the team was better when Paxson was more clearly in control. With the Sox, it's the opposite despite the fact it's also true the team was better before Hahn became the face of the front office

The Bulls have made some decent moves lately it's really no comparison to the White Sox FO.  Garpax is probably a slightly worse than average NBA FO.  Hahn and KW are easily bottom 5 in MLB, probably bottom 3.  White Sox, Marlins and Cinci might be the bottom 3.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

They should emphasize the increased chances to catch a HR ball when buying bleacher seats. 

Easy money. 💰

Just out there by yourself.  You could let like 2 or 3 just sit there for a while and go collect them all at once.

• Haha 1