Rodon to IL; Giolito activated

ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

TJS and shoulder surgery he'd be lucky to be an effective MLB starter again.  Probably would be time to move to the pen and make him a closer.

Exactly. It is time for a move to the bullpen for Rodon, when he returns. People thought I was nuts when I said I thought it was time for him to go to the bullpen. 

Paging Dr. Andrews please report to surgery. Sox offer Mrs. Rodon a ten year back loaded deal at the LF hot dog stand. 

We need far more understanding of elbow analytics. 

Go ChiSox!! Wonder if Hawk will show up at the Red Sox booth showing his true colors. Carmine's he calls them. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Everything I hear from the presser sounds like he/they know he is absolutely boned. 

Yep. Something looked really amiss with him his last two starts.  We will be getting a tweet saying he has a scheduled appointment with Dr. James Andrews very soon I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, Jake said:

I wonder if the swelling has prevented them from getting good images of the elbow and/or good manual tests of the ligaments and muscles involved

That’s the idea I’m getting. Seems like we’d know in better detail already if this wasn’t the case

I think it is absolutely crazy that some of you want to find a reason to blame the white sox organization for the rash of TJ injuries. due to scouting? Really?

full stop pitching a baseball is one of the most unnatural things you can do to your arm. Every single person who does it is putting a gun to their head and playing Russian roulette. It’s not something you can see coming.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I think it is absolutely crazy that some of you want to find a reason to blame the white sox organization for the rash of TJ injuries. due to scouting? Really?

full stop pitching a baseball is one of the most unnatural things you can do to your arm. Every single person who does it is putting a gun to their head and playing Russian roulette. It’s not something you can see coming.

Or the people calling Rodon lazy because he couldn't prevent his elbow from giving out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

100% and it’s not even debatable. Plenty of things to dislike the Sox for but this isn’t one of them.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

100% and it’s not even debatable. Plenty of things to dislike the Sox for but this isn’t one of them.  

I'm not sure if people realize that the amazing run of pitcher health was like 95% luck. 

11 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

And this is why some people here were adamant about trading Rodon a while back. I wonder now if his wife would "still let him bet on himself".

I was going to look for that tweet from his wife, but figured I’d wait and see how things shaked out first.  Either way, his wife shouldn’t have been tempting the baseball gods given his injury history.

I almost wonder if now is the time to approach him regarding an extension. That sounds ridiculous at the moment and it really depends on how severe this injury is, but the Sox might be able to get him to agree to a below market deal given his question marks regarding his health if he's looking for financial security. Even if it is Tommy John, I think he could still be a good #4 or #5 starter heading into the future and extending him would make him fit the window of contention better. Just an idea.

7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

It‘s too bad that injuries have completely derailed his career. 

That‘s really too bad, because he had all the talent in the world. 

Reminds me of Rich Harden

Was it you that was complaining when I made that comp last night, or were we arguing the Hurt/Cubs stuff?