And that's a 4th White Sox winner in a ROW!

chitownsportsfan

It's June and there's still playoff pipe dreams to be had. That's fun. Proud of the way we've played recently, minus the Minnesota series. Which I think was simply a matter of running into a scorching hot club that was firing on all cylinders.

It would be really cool if we could go on some kind of run here.

• Like 3

Was at the game...4-0 on the year now.  Crowd wasn't huge maybe 18-20K?, but they were definitely into the game where i was sitting..good to see.  There is a noticeable different vibe with this team, mostly because they are winning more games this year.  Ricky tried to screw it up by leaving Banuelos in there too long, but Marshall bailed him out.

I know he is NOT a good OF, but Eloy is a joy to watch out there as a player.  He really enjoys playing baseball and doesn't take himself seriously, which I appreciate.  Once we starts playing well it will even be more fun to watch him play.  I also heard him on the post game on the radio, his English is pretty good for a young player coming over.

No matter where they finish, this is definitely a fun team to watch compared to last few years.

• Like 2

As much crap as I give Renteria (well deserved in my opinion) if he can get this rag-tag bunch to .500 or so for the year he deserves some Manager of the Year votes. I mean the pitching staff is in shambles, the clean up hitter is batting .180, the "superstar" prospect is at .220 and they are almost last in defense. Yet somehow they are two games under .500.

I don't know if that says something about the Sox or about the league in general.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

Was at the game...4-0 on the year now.  

This reminds me, the Sox have lost the last 10 games I’ve attended dating back to last July. I’m going tomorrow. My apologies in advance for ending the winning streak, everyone 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

As much crap as I give Renteria (well deserved in my opinion) if he can get this rag-tag bunch to .500 or so for the year he deserves some Manager of the Year votes. I mean the pitching staff is in shambles, the clean up hitter is batting .180, the "superstar" prospect is at .220 and they are almost last in defense. Yet somehow they are two games under .500.

I don't know if that says something about the Sox or about the league in general.

Well I mean the clean up hitter batting .180 is kind of his fault lol

Man the bats were out tonight. I feel sorry for you guys that don't enjoy every aspect of Abreu. The man is a fricking stud, one of my favorite Sox ever. I'll be so pissed if we trade him at any point. Eloy baby is coming. Even Alonso seems to at least help us be competitive against Cleveland which is nice since we play them so many fricking times.

Our pitching blows but nice to see the team hit well at the Cell again. Renteria may stink on decision making in games and lineups, but in the big picture, the team must really like playing for him. This team has overachieved so much this year under Rick. GO SOX!

8 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Get to .500.  Call up some kids, trade for Stroman, and let's make some noise boys.

It's heading into June, and we are 2 games back of the Wild Card.  At least its still fun.

I think this is an excellent plan.  Good Thinking!

If Jimenez and Alonso are going to start warming up this could be fun to watch.  We have a lot of bats in that lineup that could help hide our lack of starting pitching until Rick arrives with reinforcements.  I'm counting on you Rick!

10 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Get to .500.  Call up some kids, trade for Stroman, and let's make some noise boys.

It's heading into June, and we are 2 games back of the Wild Card.  At least its still fun.

I really like Stroman as a FA pickup in 2021.  Trading for him in 2019 is KW tier bad.