White Sox @ Royals 1:15pm CST. Giolito vs Keller

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

"What have you done for me lately"  goes only for winning.    Not a lot of winning happening on the South Side for a very long time. 

Gonna be happening very soon.  Keep the faith.

3 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Stop it.  You're exposing more of @Moan4Yoan's bullshit.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Anderson-Rodon-Collins-Madrigal don't particularly scream terrible to me.

Read my post again.  Apparently you guys are both awful at the fine details.  I’ll make it easy for you guys...

Kenny sucked at drafting.

Hahn sucks at FA signings.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

10 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

But it's a balance.   Yes, these are all solid trades for the rebuild.   But where has that acquired trade talent been supplemented by drafting and free agency? 

1/3 does not do the job. 

Need to see better results from the draft and more important free agency.   

Well, we really won't know the results of the draft until all the prospects get here so that is an unknown at this point. I assume we will see the first product of this rebuild draft in Collins emerge in September. Then the others slowly arrive, and then you have the MLB adjustment period. I won't count Anderson since he isnt a Hostetler-era pick.

And with free agency, well, we can all agree last offseason was a shit show but you can't really argue that one yet either. Still a couple more to go, I would say after the next 2 offseasons we can judge whether it was a failure or not. This is the part I probably have the least faith in though with the track record.

I think the draft piece is gonna take the longest though, with the development and adjustment periods that are attached with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Gonna be happening very soon.  Keep the faith.

Oh, I'm still 100% on board.   But I'm also cautiously putting my trust on the front office and scouting/development (especially). 

In the back of mind I see the names we have and the reports for each of these guys.   It's elite talent no doubt.  

I have faith that talent will win out eventually, despite the shortcomings of the front office and the folks teaching them the game.  

And, honestly, when it comes to "free agent blunders", it's far better to screw up the way Hahn and Company did with Machado than to do what the Cubs did with Heyward and Yu Darvish.  

Those are massive screw ups.

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Well, we really won't know the results of the draft until all the prospects get here so that is an unknown at this point. I assume we will see the first product of this rebuild draft in Collins emerge in September. Then the others slowly arrive, and then you have the MLB adjustment period. I won't count Anderson since he isnt a Hostetler-era pick.

And with free agency, well, we can all agree last offseason was a shit show but you can't really argue that one yet either. Still a couple more to go, I would say after the next 2 offseasons we can judge whether it was a failure or not. This is the part I probably have the least faith in though with the track record.

I think the draft piece is gonna take the longest though, with the development and adjustment periods that are attached with it.

That's a very fair assessment there, but the losing prior to rebuild is what hasn't afforded the team and fans patience.  

I think that's why many folks are pessimistic  and dismissive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

And, honestly, when it comes to "free agent blunders", it's far better to screw up the way Hahn and Company did with Machado than to do what the Cubs did with Heyward and Yu Darvish.  

When it's all set and done, both Machado and Harper will be considered major screw ups also.   

I actually praise the Sox saved themselves from handcuffing themselves to a financial disaster like that.  

End result, the 2 positions Machado could play have been filled internally by two guys playing at near Allstar Levels  at this point.  

• Like 2

When it's all set and done, both Machado and Harper will be considered major screw ups also.   

I actually praise the Sox saved themselves from handcuffing themselves to a financial disaster like that.  

End result, the 2 positions Machado could play have been filled internally by two guys playing at near Allstar Levels  at this point.  

I'm somewhere in the middle.  I think Machado would have been worth it, but I'd rather have nothing then fill the roster with overpaid low talent free agents.

You said it well...I agree 100%

The Eaton trade could prove to be epic if the Sox end up with three good SP's. Hahn had a very good couple of days. In spite of losing Drake. I think we have a wait and see situation. Lighten up. 

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

You said it well...I agree 100%

I don't root for their failure but with FA's you are often paying for past performance, which is why extensions seem to work well. Let the Red Sox take the risk on Sale's durability. 

I definitely think the Sox can be very good next year, but it kind of depends on how much money/talent the FO expends to bring in a RF and some rotation and bullpen help over the offseason.

I'm patient, whatever, but whiffing on Machado does not instill me with great confidence.

• Like 1

It's frustrating waiting on a rebuild to end but there is hope. Early last year I feared Gio, Moncada, and Anderson might be busts. Not necessarily bad, just not coming close to reaching their potential. Those three being good players is huge for this rebuild. Now we have to hope that wave of Eloy, Kopech, Cease, Robert, Magdrical and Collins can produce some big talent. We still need to ditch Ricky though. He may be a great guy but I don't trust him in big games and neither did the Cubs. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

2 hours ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Doesn't seem to be bothering them financially though and this year both of those guys are actually producing some positive results. They seem to be willing to take risks, the Sox don't seem willing to do that. So be it.

Regarding the game today, the 2019 White Sox MVP is Lucas Giolito's high school pitching coach! Period...end of discussion.

He needs to be hired by the Sox and can Cooper.

And they finally benched Alonso. Maybe Ricky CAN learn something!

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It's frustrating waiting on a rebuild to end but there is hope. Early last year I feared Gio, Moncada, and Anderson might be busts. Not necessarily bad, just not coming close to reaching their potential. Those three being good players is huge for this rebuild. Now we have to hope that wave of Eloy, Kopech, Cease, Robert, Magdrical and Collins can produce some big talent. We still need to ditch Ricky though. He may be a great guy but I don't trust him in big games and neither did the Cubs. 

Good summation of where we are and what is ahead.  Ricky has just recently become a large concern.  Just like the Cubs...he's good with getting from point A to B but might not be the guy to take us to the promise land.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Doesn't seem to be bothering them financial though and this year both of those guys are actually producing some positive results. They seem to be willing to take risks, the Sox don't seem willing to do that. So be it.

Regarding the game today, the 2019 White Sox MVP is Lucas Giolito's high school pitching coach! Period...end of discussion.

He needs to be hired by the Sox and can Cooper.

And they finally benched Alonso. Maybe Ricky CAN learn something!

Hayward at a discount might be available for our right field opening.

1 hour ago, Tomtom said:

Nice win thanks to Giolito, but this offense needs to pick up.  They’ll be facing pitchers much better than Keller!  

FO wasted much of Sale's career (and Quintana's).  The offense has been in a ten-year slump.

• Like 2