8.15.20 GT | Cards @ Sox game 2 | 3:15PM

Tnetennba

Hahn put this roster together, so to a certain degree, Ricky is just playing with the toys he was given.  The problem is, Ricky also doesn't understand how to play the game with the toys.  They both need to be shown the door along with guys like Mazara and EE.

Do you remember when that fucking idiot Hahn said they wouldn't sign stop gap veteran free agents?  Then continued to do that the last two years, for literally no reason.  There was no reason to sign a guy like EE when we have multiple guys that could fill that roll and put up better production for far cheaper.  It's just comical at this point.  It won't matter how much talent we have if the coaches around them don't know what to do with them, or the fucking GM filling that roster out with garbage signings that hamper or hold back other prospects. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

BUT MANAGING DOESN'T matter.

At best, only 2-3 games out of a 162 game season.

If you've watched the White Sox over the last decade plus, you'd feel like that number was MUCH MUCH closer to 12-15 games person season, conservatively.

Especially when you go from the best manager ever (Ozzie) to fartknockers like Robin and Ricky

What's most embarrassing is that they were staying in the comfort of their own homes....whereas the Cardinals had to fight through endless hours on Interstate 57 or 55 or whatever the one that connects StL and SW Chicago.

They just want it more, that much is obvious.

Cardinals always a well-managed organization, other than a dubious choice in favorite son Mike Matheny.

Have come out and been the team that wasn't overmatched after 2 1/2 weeks off, timing-wise.   

"This has gone about as well as you could hope." Cards' announcers.

2 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Hahn put this roster together, so to a certain degree, Ricky is just playing with the toys he was given.  The problem is, Ricky also doesn't understand how to play the game with the toys.  They both need to be shown the door along with guys like Mazara and EE.

Do you remember when that fucking idiot Hahn said they wouldn't sign stop gap veteran free agents?  Then continued to do that the last two years, for literally no reason.  There was no reason to sign a guy like EE when we have multiple guys that could fill that roll and put up better production for far cheaper.  It's just comical at this point.  It won't matter how much talent we have if the coaches around them don't know what to do with them, or the fucking GM filling that roster out with garbage signings that hamper or hold back other prospects. 

Whereas Nelson Cruz, or CJ Cron...or pretty much everyone the Twins have signed plays like they've had magic pixie dust sprinkled on their cleats.

Just now, soulfly said:

It's not like I expect his FA signings to be any good anyway. I'm expecting Keuchel to get blown up in the next game or two such that all of his offseason acquisitions look like crap. 

I'm of the opinion that he never should have been allowed to re-build this team in the first place. I'm cautiously optimistic about Moncada, Robert and Anderson but besides them I'm fairly confident the rest of the lineup sucks. 

9 minutes ago, Richie said:

What was the point of Mazara? 

I was okay with it because I thought it was a reclamation project with a former top prospect. 

But this guy still has the same long, lazy, loopy ass swing he did in Texas. Nothing has changed with this guy. We did nothing with him. 

The only difference is that he somehow has not lifted a ball out of the ball park yet. Which he tended to do before. 

If you can't see his instincts for the game then I can't help you. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Whereas Nelson Cruz, or CJ Cron...or pretty much everyone the Twins have signed plays like they've had magic pixie dust sprinkled on their cleats.

Well for a guy like Cruz, it certainly is magic something or other that he's using, pixie dust however, it isn't

Just now, pcq said:

If you can't see his instincts for the game then I can't help you. 

Even then, Mazara was good for a homer every 8 games or so, at least.

And Grandal suddenly has had one of the greatest power outages of any hitter to sign for $73 million, the biggest contract in team history.

Meanwhile, we're giving our best catcher away and getting nothing in return unless we decide to convert this season into another "development" one of Let's Make a Deal with our big league roster again.   Want a closer in Alex Colome, come on down!

6 minutes ago, soulfly said:

The problem is Ricky doesnt know how to play with the toys he is given.  You have to take away options from him and inform him how to put a lineup together or you get Nicky D batting 2nd and Jon Jay batting in the 3 hole.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Stop batting Grandal so high!

Grandal and Moncada are the only hitters in the lineup who know how to work the count. That's why he's batting 3rd. 

Also MOAR GROUND BALLS. 

I love the Sox. I go full meatball in gamethreads. 

if you don't like it......

image.jpeg

Edited by Jack Parkman

Wouldn't have been a homer in a phone booth...

Yet again.   Making every White Sox history looking like "Breaking Bad" version of Adam Engel when he's OPSing in the mid 500's and barely clinging on to MLB life and with a swing plane that looks awkwardly constructed with baling wire and duct tape.