4-19 GT: Sox @ Boston (10:10am)

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Think I hear banging on a garbage can every time a changeup comes. 

I know you're being facetious but Cora shouldn't even be allowed to step on a field

Edited by joesaiditstrue

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Without looking it up, it's got to be. We haven't seen him like this since he flipped the switch in 2019

I think you would agree with me that I’m not overly concerned with losing just this one game. It happens, but the concerning thing is if he doesn’t have his best stuff this year, it’s going to be a very long season for the team.  Sox need him to be a reliable upper echelon starter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

Is there a way to see live in game spin rates? I wonder if his fb is not just slower but also having 100 RPM or so less than usual the way they are making contact with it. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=4/19/2021&gamePk=634445&chartType=pitch&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=pitchVelocity#634445

Giolito's spin rate is actually UP this year from years past. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Every pitcher is going to have a dud. Chalk it up to early game, lack of command, w.e but he's the Ace of this staff and he's gotta be better than this

As soon as I saw Merk's tweet this morning about how lucas is not a morning person, combined with his recurring problem last year of struggling to get his body stretched out and ready for gametime, made me hope that today's game wouldn't happen like it did.

But, to me it seems just like a schedule loss. But game ain't over, either.

2 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Is there a way to see live in game spin rates? I wonder if his fb is not just slower but also having 100 RPM or so less than usual the way they are making contact with it. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=4/19/2021&gamePk=634445&chartType=pitch&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=pitchVelocity#634445

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

I know you're being facetious but Cora shouldn't even be allowed to step on a diamond

Imagine being Carlos Beltran, got the job as Mets manager, fired immediately because of the scandal, and watches Cora and hinch both got managerial jobs right away and he is still cast off into the badlands forever