And thats a White Sox SWEEP!

Green Line

Yerminator has been missing more cookies over the last month or so than anyone.  Fouled back 2 pitches he should have killed in the same AB, then later swung through a hanging slider from Tate that also should have been killed.  He's definitely in a slump, but I am not worried because of his hitting skills.  His 2-strike approach is the reason he's still above .300, and probably the reason he's still above .280 or so.  It has gotten him a lot of singles and a few 2Bs.

Right the ship, Yerminator.  Maybe it is time to move him in the order.

IMO: TA, Yerminator, Moncada, Abreu, Vaughn should be the top 5 with Madrigal 9 again.  That just leaves the 6-7-8 to fill up but it's 6 guys who can hit in a row.  I really think Yermin is meant for that 2 slot.  And maybe taking some pressure off of him and asking him to do a job with the bat would get him seeing the ball a bit better.  He's really only struggling on pitches he should crush, so change it up on him IMO.

• Like 2

What is nice to see is two low-scoring, close wins. The good teams win these games and show they are a tad better than the opposition. The offense just isn't going to be there some days, and when the team win these games, it sets them apart from the lesser clubs.

Edited by NWINFan
  • Like 2

Lucas has pitched well his last three starts with Collins behind the plate. I hope they continue to catch Collins with Rodon and Lucas.

The post game interview of Billy Hamilton brought a smile to my face. Such a pleasure to catch most of the radio broadcast today, have missed the past two weeks due to a trip out of town.

Hope they keep the line moving in Cleveland, and @WhiteSoxFan1993 kicks my ass in terms of eclipsing a six game thread winning streak this week!!!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Yerminator has been missing more cookies over the last month or so than anyone.  Fouled back 2 pitches he should have killed in the same AB, then later swung through a hanging slider from Tate that also should have been killed.  He's definitely in a slump, but I am not worried because of his hitting skills.  His 2-strike approach is the reason he's still above .300, and probably the reason he's still above .280 or so.  It has gotten him a lot of singles and a few 2Bs.

IMO: TA, Yerminator, Moncada, Abreu, Vaughn should be the top 5 with Madrigal 9 again.  That just leaves the 6-7-8 to fill up but it's 6 guys who can hit in a row.  I really think Yermin is meant for that 2 slot.  And maybe taking some pressure off of him and asking him to do a job with the bat would get him seeing the ball a bit better.  He's really only struggling on pitches he should crush, so change it up on him IMO.

Didn't Mercedes have two balls with EV over 100 mph today?

• Like 4

Nice solid game. Never felt like Sox would lose, and sure enough that seventh when TA got on it just seemed like it was automatic. Felt like 05 in that way honestly.

Had fun at the park! Was cold in the shadows and the vendors were a mess but everyone was having fun (esp the bleachers)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

ya just need to hope we can keep getting something out of yerminator until the reinforcement's arrive,

• Like 1

Man, things are looking good after that great 4-game sweep. Today ... Madrigal! Nice triple when Sox needed it. Hamilton! Great pitching and setup and closing. Makes a big difference when starter can go 7.

I know many of us were pissed after the Yankee series, but it's nice to win and Sox are doing a great job of it. I need to try to freak out less when things go bad like in the Yankee series. For this is a very good, not great, team. It's a well-run outfit that should be in contention all year, maybe even win the decision going away if the Indians start coming down to earth on the road?

• Like 1