7/30 CWS v CLE 7:10 PM CDT

TheTruth05

Good job Crochet

I think people forget he has only throw 9 innings since 2019 before this year, he was in college last year. Most guys would still be in the minors fine tuning their control and pitches and he is in a big league bullpen. Give the kid some slack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Good job Crochet

I think people forget he has only throw 9 innings since 2019 before this year, he was in college last year. Most guys would still be in the minors fine tuning their control and pitches and he is in a big league bullpen. Give the kid some slack

I agree with this 100%. I'm still very high on him.

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Good job Crochet

They've challenged him more than any young pitcher has ever been challenged and he's answered the call every time.  

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

it was a good at bat... until he swung at ball 4 and couldnt make contact on a 90mph fast ball.

then it wasnt good anymore.

I mean yes the end result wasn't good.  The approach was better than what we have been seeing lately. 

White Sox hitters (far too often) seem unwilling to make the necessary adjustments, needed to succeed at the plate, of late. Good hitting teams routinely seek to take the ball up the middle and opposite field, thus taking whatever the opposing pitcher is willing to give them. Their unwillingness to make adjustments makes too many WS hitters incredibly susceptible to outside breaking/off-speed pitches… not to mention, high fast balls.   

Edited by mharkins

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Thats ball 4 Blue

It's like he remembered he missed one earlier and decided to give a make up call 2 seconds after the pitch hit the glove. 

Edited by chw42

4 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

I was wondering the same thing!  And if so...what kind of signals was Crochet using?  

I echo this. My son was asking me why is the catcher saying no. I had never seen anything like that.  Crochet needs to be in the minors getting ready for September run.  Give him more work or start using him on big league club more (even if he struggles - got to develop that arm).  

• Like 1