08/17 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You should delete the 2nd half of this post.

I’d rather that guy get hit in the head by a line drive than die in a car crash. Was a way of saying it sucks that a good guy like Basset got hit.

Edited by hi8is

Just now, HaroldSouthside said:

That was a helluva slider by Lopez. All his stuff just rolled up to the plate the last couple years. That slider was tight!

I don't know what's going on he's also throwing a wicked 95-96mph cutting fastball. at best most of his career it was flat and 93-94. Can't be sticky stuff I'd imagine.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Tons. He always had the tools, but the mental mistakes are all but gone.

His stuff is electric. Up there with Dylan Cease and Michael Kopech. Just couldn't get out of his own head.

edit: for some reason I thought SS2K5 was replying to my post about Lopez

Edited by lostfan

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't know what's going on he's also throwing a wicked 95-96mph cutting fastball. at best most of his career it was flat and 93-94. Can't be sticky stuff I'd imagine.

He used to hit 98 when he was with Washington and when we first saw him.

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Wonder if this will give them more of an incentive to move the mound back

If you back the mound up, the pitcher would only have a fraction of a second more to respond, but hitters would see the ball so much better and you'd likely have more hard hit balls up the middle.   There are good things that would be created by this move (more offense and less strikeouts).....however, protecting the pitcher is likely not one of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He looks like he finally figured out his arm slot. Previously it was all over the place and he never knew where his ball was going. He looks consistent right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I've talked as much shit as anyone about Reynaldo Lopez but if he's legitimately turned it around, I'll be ecstatic

If Katz somehow fixes Rodon and Lopez in the same season, he might be the greatest pitching coach in Sox history. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Soxbadger said:

Confidence is a weird thing. When someone has it all of a sudden everything seems to work.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

He looks like he finally figured out his arm slot. Previously it was all over the place and he never knew where his ball was going. He looks consistent right now.

kudos all around to the player and coaches, mostly to the player for bouncing back. he looks relaxed and is well balanced now.  

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder how long it lasts. But what a perfect pick me up. I dont want him out of rotation when Rodon comes back...😱😱😱