Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s funny is not one of the prospects that Hahn gave up in the Shark trade were top 100 prospects, yet everyone here acts like they were surefire stars.  It was far from a king’s ransom at the time.

I think a lot of that came down to how Semien's skillset was perceived ~10 years ago vs how it would be now. Even if he were viewed as 2B only, a 22 year old putting up a 163 wRC+ in AA and then continuing to do well in AAA later that year would be a top 50 prospect at minimum.

Just now, Two-Gun Pete said:

I agree: its totally unfair to criticize RH. That was a good trade. 

Is that what I said?  Like I tell Jack all the time, take a breather from Soxtalk and go rub one out if discussing a White Sox team coming off two playoff appearances for the first time in like forever is so painstaking for you.  You’re garbage posting right now and having to read nonstop bitching & whining is pretty annoying when nothing has happened.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

You nailed the Tepera call IMO.

Thank you.

Just like you need Kimbrel to backup Hendriks, you need Tepera to backup Graveman.

Soler gives you that playoff experience you need, and Mendick is just ready to slot into 2B.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is that what I said?  Like I tell Jack all the time, take a breather from Soxtalk and go rub one out if discussing a White Sox team coming off two playoff appearances for the first time in like forever is so painstaking for you.  You’re garbage posting right now and having to read nonstop bitching & whining is pretty annoying when nothing has happened.

I hear you:

You will not tolerate anything but praise for this FO.

But hey, I'm trying to make your drive down I 95 enjoyable. And, when its Soler instead of Suzuki or Conforto, we can all share a laugh, amirite?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Some of us want to actually win a WS and realize they have to beat teams that are stacked to accomplish that.  

The angst comes from comparing the Sox roster to that of the Dodgers. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

14 minutes ago, Sarava said:

He's a hall of fame closer, but he's not the same guy that dominated for all those years in Boston and Atlanta. The last 3 seasons he has been hot garbage outside of an amazing first half with the Cubs last year.

And that first half was driven by a career best BABIP and career best HR/FB rate. 

4 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I hear you:

You will not tolerate anything but praise for this FO.

But hey, I'm trying to make your drive down I 95 enjoyable. And, when its Soler instead of Suzuki or Conforto, we can all share a laugh, amirite?

I don’t know what you’re talking about.  I’ve ripped the front office plenty because they’ve made plenty of bad moves.  But unlike you, I also give them credit for building one of the best teams in baseball.  And I don’t live in fear of the past and assume because Hahn has made a couple terrible trades that all future trade will be terrible.  You seem to want to be miserable right now and that’s your prerogative, but do us all a favor and stop the non-stop shit-posting.  You’re better than this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t know what you’re talking about.  I’ve ripped the front office plenty because they’ve made plenty of bad moves.  But unlike you, I also give them credit for building one of the best teams in baseball.  And I don’t live in fear of the past and assume because Hahn has made a couple terrible trades that all future trade will be terrible.  You seem to want to be miserable right now and that’s your prerogative, but do us all a favor and stop the non-stop shit-posting.  You’re better than this.

You also don’t incessantly shit post doom and gloom based on absolutely nothing. There’s a difference between being critical and completely obsessing about shit that hasn’t even happened.  Or happened ages ago and has zero bearing on now. 

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You do realize that some of us think that Hahn is a schmuck, right? 

He's the same idiot that traded Tatis and a kings ransom for a season of Jeff Samardzija. 

He is also the guy who acquired grandal, abreu, moncada, Jimenez, Robert,  Giolito Cease Bummer and Hendricks.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Some of us are jaded and know the Sox Modus Operandi. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Some of us want to actually win a WS and realize they have to beat teams that are stacked to accomplish that.  

The angst comes from comparing the Sox roster to that of the Dodgers. 

It’s been like 36 hours since the offseason reopened and no one relevant to us has been acquired by other teams.  Some of you guys are acting like little babies right now.  Trust me, I’ll be the angriest person on this board if they do nothing of importance, but I’ll actually wait a week before declaring Hahn has failed us.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Hey, I'm just parroting back things I've read today:

We needed that closer depth instead of OFers a year ago with our top OFers on the IL. Now that they're back healthy, we won't need a RFer.

Also, Bassitt is the best SP available on the market today, so even if you lose the trade, it'll be OK.

And, Kimbrel's a HOFer, so keep him.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s been like 36 hours since the offseason reopened and no one relevant to us has been acquired by other teams.  Some of you guys are acting like little babies right now.  Trust me, I’ll be the angriest person on this board if they do nothing of importance, but I’ll actually wait a week before declaring Hahn has failed us.

That's fair. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He is also the guy who acquired grandal, abreu, moncada, Jimenez, Robert,  Giolito Cease Bummer and Hendricks.  

I've given him credit for his trades of Sale, Quintana and Eaton. He did about as well as one could hope on those. 

Not all of those guys were going to turn into stars. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Hey, I'm just parroting back things I've read today:

We needed that closer depth instead of OFers a year ago with our top OFers on the IL. Now that they're back healthy, we won't need a RFer.

Also, Bassitt is the best SP available on the market today, so even if you lose the trade, it'll be OK.

And, Kimbrel's a HOFer, so keep him.

You are ridiculous right now. Go have a few more beers and get some sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

It's this old man's fault...I'm not up on the lingo...I'll try to do better.

I was in your camp and thought he was taking about Nintendo. Too scared to google it so I won’t. For the record I liked the wii reference. 

• Thanks 1