How to Contact the White Sox Execs/Sponsors and Demand TLR’s Termination

caulfield12

Borrowing this from southsider2k5's post about TLR hiring...between Kimbrel, this year's current FA debacle and now the way Lucas Giolito was treated so disrespectfully by the White Sox (just like Black Jack McDowell, although Lucas is 10X the more mature and even-keeled individual in comparison)...don't know how to communicate how disgusted Sox fans actually are with the current state of things heading in what was once supposed to be one of the greatest seasons in franchise history.  This feeling today is what we spent a decade building towards???? REALLY?  It has already been self-sabotaged in a variety of ways.  How do you go from last October to now selling LESS season tickets than you had at the beginning of the 2021 season???  If he was just carrying out Jerry Reinsdorf's orders to punish Lucas for being the team union rep and involved in MLBPA negotiations with Manfred, shame on him for doing so...that's not the type of GM that will ever lead the White Sox to the promised land, it's just not the right way to treat employees, whatever legal-ese nonsense he puts out there on social media about it not having affected the relationship one bit moving forward, yadda yadda yadda.  You should know better with all those years of education at elite universities.  Treat others how you would like to be treated, it's actually quite simple.

Scott Reifert's email address is SREIFERT@chisox.com

Brooks Boyer is bboyer@chisox.com

Hopefully people feel free to let them know what people think.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, Quin said:

maxresdefault.jpg

The only leadership group doing worse than the White Sox the past month is located in Moscow.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement for insular decision making, general hubris, and over reliance on subordinates who are afraid or unable to speak the truth...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

This is exactly why we can’t have nice things!!

I don't know how Twins and Indians fans have felt the last two decades, but they have also (famously) voted with their feet, particularly in Cleveland and to a lesser extent in Minny.  The one thing in common is the belief ownership cares more for profits and franchise valuation growth than winning championships.  

Also, only 30~35% of revenues are affected by ticket sales and sponsors.  The teams are increasingly protected/insulated from fan revolts and protests. 

In the past, those ticket/concession/souvenir and parking receipts were roughly 60% and even 65% of net revenues each year.

Edited by caulfield12

I emailed everyone after TLR was hired, including my ticket rep.  Received nothing but canned answers and excited PR talk.  By all means express your frustration, but don’t expect it to accomplish anything.  And please don’t take it out on employees who have zero control over player decisions, they all just work for a living too. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

And please don’t waste your time bringing up Conforto. He hit 232 last year and is a 255 career hitter. I’ll take my chances with Vaughn and sheets. 

And his fWAR from 2017 or 2018 through 2020?

By your argument, Harrison will repeat his 2021 and not the three preceding years.

You can't win championships with Vaughn and Sheets in RF.  And Sheets has been protected by the most favorable matchups since Dayan Viciedo's rookie season.

Conforto is a risk, but much likelier to pay off when combined with Nick Madrigal...players with track records of producing.  Compared to Kimbrel and Harrison as the direct substitution we have been provided.  No GM is going to trust Sheets to repeat his 2021 numbers as an everyday DH, per alone as a strong side platoon.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I emailed everyone after TLR was hired, including my ticket rep.  Received nothing but canned answers and excited PR talk.  By all means express your frustration, but don’t expect it to accomplish anything.  And please don’t take it out on employees who have zero control over player decisions, they all just work for a living too. 

Sure, always be respectful.

It's like arguing with or berating your Amazon deliveryman when your real issue is with Jeff Bezos and the entire proposition of the gig economy.

Those delivery drivers and package handlers in warehouses deserve the utmost respect at all times.

• Like 1

Oh geez, I didn’t read the whole thread title.  Hahahahaha wow.  
Hahn deserves plenty of blame for this winter, but he’s a symptom of a greater problem despite the level to which he is complicit.   Firing Hahn accomplishes nothing.  Another KW/RH clone replaces him.  Nothing changes while the root cause is still in power. 

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Oh geez, I didn’t read the whole thread title.  Hahahahaha wow.  
Hahn deserves plenty of blame for this winter, but he’s a symptom of a greater problem despite the level to which he is complicit.   Firing Hahn accomplishes nothing.  Another KW/RH clone replaces him.  Nothing changes while the root cause is still in power. 

Haber went to Stanford like KW...he would be next up, lol.

But it does accomplish something. KW and Paddy at least know how to identify and bring in new international talent, if nothing else. And nobody has a more horrific record in free agency than Hahn.  Just KW's 2004-2005 combined trumps everything Hahn has done in free agency from 2012/13-2022.

Rick basically has McCann, Rodon last year and Grandal/Hendriks.

Oh, and the Friends & Family Fiasco.

Edited by caulfield12

41 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Hit them where it hurts - Jerry's wallet. I'm not going to a single baseball game on the southside this year. 

Don't forget to stay away from his real estate, United Center and any of their sponsors. If you are going to do it do it right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Don't forget to stay away from his real estate, United Center and any of their sponsors. If you are going to do it do it right.

Ron, you have money for your own private plane, right?  I guess there's always Southwest out of Midway.  Do we still have them as a sponsor, or strictly ANA?

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Man, our fanbase easily loses their shit.

Yep, this is embarrassing.  It’s one thing to complain about Tony and his legal issues. This is just ridiculous though.  Today sucked as a Sox fan, yet probably 25 other fan bases would gladly trade our situation for theirs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Will you suck on this thread when we win 109 games?

Do you want to make that Ron "self-ban bet"?

First of all, the goal is not to win the AL Central, and they do have fewer games against a weaker Central this year, compared to the past.

The goal was a window to compete for MULTIPLE championships.

So I'll go with 93.5 games, you can keep your 109 prediction.

7.75 is the midpoint so that means you are betting on everything from 102+ victories and up, and I have everything below 101.

I'll take it, and not think twice.   You have 99 wins in 1983 and 2005.  In roughly 120 franchise years, never a 100 win season.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, this is embarrassing.  It’s one thing to complain about Tony and his legal issues. This is just ridiculous though.  Today sucked as a Sox fan, yet probably 25 other fan bases would gladly trade our situation for theirs.

The situation of the team talent-wise, sure.  And competing in one of the weakest divisions in baseball with four small to mid-market teams as your competition, sure.

But not ownership and front office administration.  There, we'd at best be smack dab in the middle tier, at best.  I would put it at 16-20, if forced at gunpoint.

It's far easier to name 10 better franchises and 8-10 terrible/abysmal/hopeless ones.

But no way that it's 25.

• Like 1