Andrew Vaughn hurts hip pointer, out 1-2 weeks per White Sox

Buehrle>Wood

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Is the position more or less demanding physically?

I’m generally good with a catcher or 3b moving to 1b, a SS moving to 3b or 2b, a CF moving to RF or LF. The position they’d be moving to is easier.

Commonly not a great idea to do those moves in reverse.

I dont think it’s that uncommon to see a 1bman play a corner IF spot. I don’t believe that Vaughn was injured because he was playing out of position. He was hustling to make a play 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I dont think it’s that uncommon to see a 1bman play a corner IF spot. I don’t believe that Vaughn was injured because he was playing out of position. He was hustling to make a play 

It was a good play...I wonder if Conforto would have made it.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If Vaughn is out for the year, I don’t care if they don’t get Conforto, but go after Meadows at least.  We’re one injury away from having a bad outfield again.

Genuinely can't believe the strategy of "if all of our best players stay healthy, we'll be fine" strategy might not work out as planned. Oh, well. I'm sure next year all of the core guys will play all 162 games and everything will be fine.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Genuinely can't believe the strategy of "if all of our best players stay healthy, we'll be fine" strategy might not work out as planned. Oh, well. I'm sure next year all of the core guys will play all 162 games and everything will be fine.

Problem is this was a guy we were hopeful could stay healthy. We know some of the guys who will likely get injured during the season.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

If Vaughn is out for the year, I don’t care if they don’t get Conforto, but go after Meadows at least.  We’re one injury away from having a bad outfield again.

At least Meadows would fit into the trend of the White Sox putting poor defenders in the OF. 

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Who for, besides Kimbrel?

They would much rather move on from Kiermaier, as they have Meadows at a much cheaper salary to cover DH and occasional OF.

Just now, Sleepy Harold said:

At least Meadows would fit into the trend of the White Sox putting poor defenders in the OF. 

Go with the Brian Anderson 2006 approach, assuming Engel is never 100%  Just run Cespedes out there in RF for a month.  He at least has the routes and arm and instincts to play any OF position well.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Go with the Brian Anderson 2006 approach, assuming Engel is never 100%  Just run Cespedes out there in RF for a month.  He at least has the routes and arm and instincts to play any OF position well.

Yoelqui's plate discipline isn't even close to major league ready. Even this Spring when he's done well, it's 31.5% K rate without any walks. All putting him on the major league roster would do right now is needlessly clog up a 40 man spot.

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Yoelqui's plate discipline isn't even close to major league ready. Even this Spring when he's done well, it's 31.5% K rate without any walks. All putting him on the major league roster would do right now is needlessly clog up a 40 man spot.

Well, then we simply get the Leury/Engel and Harrison show...if he's out long-term.  Meaning that finishing first or second in the AL would be increasingly unlikely.

20 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

That's been the White Sox strategy forever lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

How does Fathom have the energy to monitor about 25-35 baseball-related Twitter accounts simultaneously....?

Impressive, I think.

There's a functionality called follow on Twitter

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, then we simply get the Leury/Engel and Harrison show...if he's out long-term.  Meaning that finishing first or second in the AL would be increasingly unlikely.

Adolfo is right there if they want to go with the prospect/cheap route. It's either play him, DFA him, or trade him. I also think he's much further advanced (for whatever that's worth, I'm not saying he'll be good either) than Cespedes at this point.

• Quin locked this topic