Moncada to be back on Monday

CentralChamps21

14 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

I don't get why the position being loaded takes away from being in the top 10.  Wouldn't that mean being in the top 10 of a position loaded with talent mean you are bringing more value to the table?

It doesn't, it's exactly what you said. I wasn't saying that to take away from him, more to add to how good Moncada is. 

His stint at AAA when he was showing power makes me hopeful that he could be #back

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

For the record, Jake wouldn't be on the Yankees roster either, but sure, let's go with this non sequitor more.

Remember we're talking 40 man roster unless the goal posts have been moved again. 

27 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The balls are part of it, the mean drag coefficient on the balls are about .1 higher meaning they go about 5 feet shorter on average than the balls last year. And about 10 feet shorter than the juiced balls the league was using from 2017-2019. 

Weather also plays a part. The Sox have basically been stuck playing in below 50 degree weather all year. Some games with heavy winds blowing straight in. 20 degrees change in temperature usually brings about 5 more feet of carry on a fly ball. Warmer weather should help the Sox out a bit. 

Humidity also helps. Water vapor(18g/mol) is lighter than air, which is 78% N2(28g/mol) 21%O2(32g/mol)  and 1% other stuff like argon and CO2. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Humidity also helps. water vapor is lighter than air. 

I guess it's not a coincidence the Sox hit well during those 2 home games with a bunch of rain. 

4 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

He would be the closest to make it 

Looking at the Yankees roster, the last thing they need is a RH 3B.  They have both Donaldson and LeMahieu who are both already better hitters and fielders at 3rd.  A glove first OF would actually be the most helpful for their construction. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

We have a 3B prospect worthy of playing in the bigs? Maybe in 4 years if Burger were struggling as bad as Moncada has the last 2 seasons and Burger could move to 1st or DH and Kath killed it in AAA the year before then there we would have a comparable situation...

At which point yes, I would say move Burger off of 3B and let the prospect play, especially if our bench consisted of the garbage it does now 

Yoan Moncada has not struggled.  Again, he is a top 8 3B in all of baseball.  Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yoan Moncada has not struggled.  Again, he is a top 8 3B in all of baseball.  Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

You can pound that keyboard all you want but he has struggled 

workday-keyboardrant.gif

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yep, and counting 2020 against him is not fair to him. Long Covid is no joke. 

Love the guy but you absolutely can count it against him and I 100% feel its still an issue with him.  Can you count 2021 or 2022 against Bellinger....yes you can 

Edited by Polar Bear

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Humidity also helps. Water vapor(18g/mol) is lighter than air, which is 78% N2(28g/mol) 21%O2(32g/mol)  and 1% other stuff like argon and CO2. 

The humidity for the ball will be constant this year so it will be interesting to see how the environmental humidity interacts with the ball.

Edited by ptatc

3 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

You can pound that keyboard all you want but he has struggled 

workday-keyboardrant.gif

Love the guy but you absolutely can count it against him and I 100% feel its still an issue with him.  Can you count 2021 or 2022 against Bellinger....yes you can 

Lol what? Now you're comparing Bellinger's 21/22 seasons to Moncada's 21/22? Bellinger was awful. Moncada was the exact opposite.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

53 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

That anyone could think he isn’t elite is baffling. 

49 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Been waiting for Moncada to join the team, but I guess (some) others, not so much.  I really don't get it.

Same people that think wins are still a relevant statistic for evaluating starting pitchers.  What good are numbers and statistics against the good old "eye test"?

Edited by Spumoni