What is status of Luis Robert?

bear_brian

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

The blurry vision definitely explains why he got terrible jumps on balls in CF. 

That's part of the reason why in the game thread I was the 1st one to say vertigo. It might be exacerbated by him looking up while running and there was one moment in the dugout after the grand slam where Luis blinking eyes like he couldn't focus which seemed out of character for a guy who just hit a granny . It's from 36 second through 40 second mark in the video.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's part of the reason why in the game thread I was the 1st one to say vertigo. It might be exacerbated by him looking up while running and there was one moment in the dugout after the grand slam where Luis blinking eyes like he couldn't focus which seemed out of character for a guy who just hit a granny . It's from 36 second through 40 second mark in the video.

I thought it was weird that he didn't really celebrate at all as he went around the bases. He was also jogging incredibly slow too. This all makes sense after the fact. He also went 3-5 this game with lightheadedness and blurry vision. 

15 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Geez I hope not. Hopefully it's just a temporary COVID after-effect.

I had the vid in Dec and my head didn't feel quite right for a few months, never anything vision related, but I also wasn't trying to hit MLB pitching. 

11 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Don’t they have some world class neurologists in Chicago?  Why is it taking this long to find the root cause of these symptoms?

My wife had Meniere's disease a few years ago, which caused vertigo. But the vertigo did not last for days but just hours and would come and go days or weeks apart.

Edited by Saufley

4 hours ago, chw42 said:

I thought it was weird that he didn't really celebrate at all as he went around the bases. He was also jogging incredibly slow too. This all makes sense after the fact. He also went 3-5 this game with lightheadedness and blurry vision. 

It’s clear they need to coach him not to hit balls so hard.  I mean unless it’s absolutely necessary 

14 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

there was one moment in the dugout after the grand slam where Luis blinking eyes like he couldn't focus which seemed out of character for a guy who just hit a granny . It's from 36 second through 40 second mark in the video.

Good find. I notice TA and Eloy in the dugout looking more concerned about 88 than anything as though they may have known about his condition.   Robert's return to baseball is obviously secondary to concerns about his health.  he looked like he was not up to par defensively for a few games before the break. I wonder if he suffered a concussion in one of them and if so, whether he might be experiencing post concussion symptoms.  Sox will proceed cautiously with one of their best players even if  Luis has to be out the rest of the season.

Edited by tray

51 minutes ago, tray said:

Good find. I notice TA and Eloy in the dugout looking more concerned about 88 than anything as though they may have known about his condition.   Robert's return to baseball is obviously secondary to concerns about his health.  he looked like he was not up to par defensively for a few games before the break. I wonder if he suffered a concussion in one of them and if so, whether he might be experiencing post concussion symptoms.  Sox will proceed cautiously with one of their best players even if  Luis has to be out the rest of the season.

Well I knew he was having trouble on flyballs and I was watching the game and after the granny I saw Robert blinking his eyes and I thought somethings not right with him. Then next day after he walked they took him out of the game so I immediately thought vertigo and posted it in the game thread based on his fielding and the eye blinking. So then I looked for the replay on youtube.

I'm no doctor but that's the 1st thing that popped into my head.