Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

11 minutes ago, wegner said:

Even if you went for it, it’s easier said than done. Only about 2 teams actually have the talent to afford Robert with the heats of control he has, and it’s entirely possible they won’t pay the price we would want. They wouldn’t wind up with a top flight system if they had to take less to move Robert, and it takes two to tango.

1 hour ago, GreatScott82 said:

It’s a shame KW/Hahn wont just pull a Theo Epstein and resign. We all know Jerry isn’t firing his buddies.
I’m not the biggest fan of Theo, but I do admire his leadership and the ability of knowing when it’s time to step down from a front office position.

He mentioned in an interview that change in leadership is more than necessary after 10 years. Things get stale, and when it is no longer working, it’s time to give someone else a shot at it. It’s safe to say things have been very stale on the Southside. Fans have had enough of this current front office and change is not only necessary but it should be demanded by every Sox fan. 

I can't see Theo or Jed talking such blatant bullshit like "People are accountable" or "just a few years ago we were named the best front office in baseball".

Kenny is on record saying he is walking away once his contract is done, but don't see Hahn going anywhere until Jerry dies and only if someone outside of the Reinsdorf family has control.

Paxson is still with the Bulls, likely Jerry and or Michael's spy at this stage.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Even if you went for it, it’s easier said than done. Only about 2 teams actually have the talent to afford Robert with the heats of control he has, and it’s entirely possible they won’t pay the price we would want. They wouldn’t wind up with a top flight system if they had to take less to move Robert, and it takes two to tango.

Oh I really don't want them to do it, partly because I don't trust Hahn. I doubt we will be happy with what he gets this trade deadline.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I don't ever recall Kenny saying anything along those lines. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but I don't remember anything like that.

I do remember JR saying that he doesn't believe in paying for "potential."

Well they kind of did that with Robert though

Let the record show that our entire group of positional players have combined for 1.4 fWAR if you exclude Robert.  We rank 26th overall in wRC+.  Highlights include:

• An everyday 1B with a 104 wRC+
  • An everyday LF with a 103 wRC+
  • A part time DH/RF with a 76 wRC+
  • A part time RF with a 35 wRC+

How do you expect to win when you’re forgoing offense at the most critical power positions?  And this doesn’t even address the horrors in the middle infield and elsewhere in the lineup.  Rick Hahn and the coaching staff should be embarrassed with that his s%*#-show of an offense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let the record show that our entire group of positional players have combined for 1.4 fWAR if you exclude Robert.  We rank 26th overall in wRC+.  Highlights include:

• An everyday 1B with a 104 wRC+
  • An everyday LF with a 103 wRC+
  • A part time DH/RF with a 76 wRC+
  • A part time RF with a 35 wRC+

How do you expect to win when you’re forgoing offense at the most critical power positions?  And this doesn’t even address the horrors in the middle infield and elsewhere in the lineup.  Rick Hahn and the coaching staff should be embarrassed with that his s%*#-show of an offense.

The Sox are back to being mired in mediocrity. It's like 2016 all over again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleHurtCG said:

The Sox are back to being mired in mediocrity. It's like 2016 all over again. 

The Sox have been mired in mediocrity over the past 25 seasons (under .500).

Hahn would have to substantially improve to reach mediocre level.

White Sox fWAR Team Rankings

• 2013: 28th Position Players & 16th Pitchers
  • 2014: 25th Position Players & 23rd Pitchers
  • 2015: 30th Position Players & 10th Pitchers
  • 2016: 21st Position Players & 10th Pitchers
  • 2017: 18th Position Players & 30th Pitchers
  • 2018: 23rd Position Players & 25th Pitchers
  • 2019: 22nd Position Players & 19th Pitchers
  • 2021: 9th Position Players & 1st Pitchers - Cues One Shining Moment
  • 2022: 21st Position Players & 10th Pitchers
  • 2023: 27th Position Players & 25th Pitchers

Fake 60 game season not included.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Sox have been mired in mediocrity over the past 25 seasons (under .500).

Hahn would have to substantially improve to reach mediocre level.

White Sox fWAR Team Rankings

• 2013: 28th Position Players & 16th Pitchers
  • 2014: 25th Position Players & 23rd Pitchers
  • 2015: 30th Position Players & 10th Pitchers
  • 2016: 21st Position Players & 10th Pitchers
  • 2017: 18th Position Players & 30th Pitchers
  • 2018: 23rd Position Players & 25th Pitchers
  • 2019: 22nd Position Players & 19th Pitchers
  • 2021: 9th Position Players & 1st Pitchers - Cues One Shining Moment
  • 2022: 21st Position Players & 10th Pitchers
  • 2023: 27th Position Players & 25th Pitchers

Fake 60 game season not included.

I don’t think it can be emphasized enough. Rick has been GM for 11 seasons. In only 1 of those 11 seasons could fans go to the ballpark and see a team better than mediocre, and most of the time a lot less. Fire Rick Hahn before he does even more damage.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t think it can be emphasized enough. Rick has been GM for 11 seasons. In only 1 of those 11 seasons could fans go to the ballpark and see a team better than mediocre, and most of the time a lot less. Fire Rick Hahn before he does even more damage.

Rick Hahn woke up today. Fire Rick Hahn.