Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

11 hours ago, The Beast said:

Thank you for explaining. I would be for dealing Giolito for prospects that can contribute but I bet the return would be light. I also worry that if they deal him they will only have Kopech and Cease in the rotation.

The return on Giolito will not be light.  Outside of the slight chance of Ohtani getting dealt, Giolito will be the best SP available in a market with over half the league in contention and pretty much everyone needing SP.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not anytime soon.  Hahn was literally just talking about the how the Sox have the best record in the AL Central since May 1st three days ago.  He’s still talking like the playoffs (and a playoff run…lol) are still in the realm of possibility.

Well, TBF, three days ago they kind of were still in contention in this shitty division.  Thankfully (I guess - I'd still rather watch meaningful baseball), the Sox sort of removed any doubt the past few days, while the Twins swept KC.  I imagine after the ATL, NYM and MN series following the break, all doubt will be officially gone. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hahn isn’t the key here.  We know it.  Nobody wants to wish death on someone but that’s the way out because he doesn’t want to sell

Bad Karma and that comment should be beneath your level of dignity. This is just sports....a baseball team.  Death is something that will visit all of us and our loved ones. Any one of us  could get sick or get in an accident. You just don't know. You don't know who or how the ownership will look after JR passes away and whether that will guarantee a World Series. It's ridiculous to even go there.

In the final analysis JR has NOT been responsible for trading Fernando Tatis, Jr. to get James Shields, trading away Marcus Semien for Samardzia, trading away Frankie Montas, or the questionable to very foolish Draft picks including Madrigal, Vaughn, Carson Fulmer or Courtney Hawkins.

Hahn has tried re-building a few times before. It is time for him to go.  No more excuses from him.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/03/rick-hahn-white-sox-gm.html

It is also time for Grifol to go.  The WSox should not be hiring a Manager in training. Ozzie is the logical replacement, but I doubt he will be offered the job and at this point, even if he was, I doubt he wants to go down as captain of a sinking ship.

1 minute ago, tray said:

Bad Karma and that comment should be beneath your level of dignity. This is just sports....a baseball team.  Death is something that will visit all of us and our loved ones. Any one of us  could get sick or get in an accident. You just don't know. You don't know who or how the ownership will look after JR passes away and whether that will guarantee a World Series. It's ridiculous to even go there.

In the final analysis JR has NOT been responsible for trading Fernando Tatis, Jr. to get James Shields, trading away Marcus Semien for Samardzia, trading away Frankie Montas, or the questionable to very foolish Draft picks including Madrigal, Vaughn, Carson Fulmer or Courtney Hawkins.

Hahn has tried re-building a few times before. It is time for him to go.  No more excuses from him.

It is also time for Grifol to go.  The WSox should not be hiring a Manager in training. Ozzie is the logical replacement, but I doubt he will be offered the job and at this point, even if he was, I doubt he wants to go down as captain of a sinking ship.

But he IS responsible for allowing the incompetence, dysfunction and ineptness of the baseball side of the operation to continue for years because he is making a boatload of money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

But he IS responsible for allowing the incompetence, dysfunction and ineptness of the baseball side of the operation to continue for years because he is making a boatload of money. 

That is a non sequitur. I know about the JR quote about ideally coming in second place year after year, but I am sure he was referring to remaining competitive year after year rather than never ever winning it.  If you don't think Jerry wants to win, just replay the 2005 parade videos including JR's reaction when Konerko handed him the ball from the final out.

20 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The return on Giolito will not be light.  Outside of the slight chance of Ohtani getting dealt, Giolito will be the best SP available in a market with over half the league in contention and pretty much everyone needing SP.  

This is why you absolutely listen on Cease as well.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

With Hahn making the trade the return on Giolito will be light.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tray said:

That is a non sequitur. I know about the JR quote about ideally coming in second place year after year, but I am sure he was referring to remaining competitive year after year rather than never ever winning it.  If you don't think Jerry wants to win, just replay the 2005 parade videos including JR's reaction when Konerko handed him the ball from the final out.

I've met JR twice and I've said for years that he wants to win.

But...

He has ALWAYS wanted to win HIS WAY...with his ideas about salary structure, his ideas about dealing with certain agents (or not dealing with them), his ideas on the MLBPA, his ideas on paying for "potential" (involving the draft and the minor league system), his ideas about dealing with the media/fan base (which involves the always important public relations battle) and his ideas about "loyalty" just to name a few areas.

History shows in over 40+ years of ownership his way of wanting to win hasn't been very successful especially since the start of the 2007 season with only five winning years. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

History shows in over 40+ years of ownership his way of wanting to win hasn't been very successful especially since the start of the 2007 season with only five winning years. 

Ricketts has owned the Cubs since 2009, and aside from a lucky win in game 7, the cubs would still be without a WS for over 100 years. Why did Ricketts let the architect of that team leave and let almost all the key players go ?  Loyalty is a trait that escapes Joe Rickets and his clan. Maybe JR practices it to a fault, but I'd rather see that than the alternative.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, tray said:

Ricketts has owned the Cubs since 2009, and aside from a lucky win in game 7, the cubs would still be without a WS for over 100 years. Why did Ricketts let the architect of that team leave and let almost all the key players go ?  Loyalty is a trait that escapes Joe Rickets and his clan. Maybe JR practices it to a fault, but I'd rather see that than the alternative.

He let the architect of that team go because he had done his job and wanted to move on?

And he let the whole team go because had he kept them, they'd have a $250 million payroll and like 70 wins. Were the Baez, Bryant contracts the kind of thing that would help the Cubs?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Katz will be this years' scapegoat coach. Deservedly so. 

Kenny may retire.

I have been surprised that no one calls for the hitting coach to be fired. We have one right? 

Edited by elrockinMT
  • Like 1

Just now, elrockinMT said:

I have been surprised that no one calls for the hitting coach to be fired. Wd gave one right? 

Kenny is ready to retire. Han Solo will replace him and Chris Getz the gm spot. Meh.

54 minutes ago, tray said:

I think Tatis was thrown in to get the Padres to pick up a large chunk of Shields' contract.

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I have been surprised that no one calls for the hitting coach to be fired. We have one right? 

No one knows their names and they were just brought in last year. I see zero reason to retain them either, but no one has been gung-ho in favor of them like they have been with Katz. 

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think Tatis was thrown in to get the Padres to pick up a large chunk of Shields' contract.

Correct. So in a way JR's "fiscal responsibility" philosophy was in part responsible for this situation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Correct. So in a way JR's "fiscal responsibility" philosophy was in part responsible for this situation. 

Yeah, Jerry's the catalyst for Tatis being gone and Machado not getting across the finish line.

Hahn still executed (or failed to) those deals and knows Jerry's restrictions, so there's plenty of blame to go around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Oh man I’m just gonna sit down and be comforted in the fact that Jerry whipped up tears 18 years ago wow

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tray said:

Tray, I don’t care about him.  He doesn’t care about me.  The end.  Don’t worry about my dignity I am absolutely confident that it remains intact.  Smooches 😘

• Like 1