07/30 - A's @ White Sox, 6:15 PM CT

Quin

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t even believe Tim thinks this, I think there’s just no one in charge in the dugout so there’s no one keeping Tim’s emotions and focus where it needs to be.

Can his Baby Mama sit in the dugout, perhaps join Tony’s staff?

There appears to be no qualifications or expectations to be on the payroll.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

a team leader needs someone else to keep his emotions and focus in check? stop making excuses for that asshole

Yes. This is literally the job of the manager. You have an emotional player who feeds on it? A quality manager keeps that player with an appropriate level of focus and keeps him from overstepping. There’s a reason this has happened twice in the last 2 years and 0 times before that.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes. This is literally the job of the manager. You have an emotional player who feeds on it? A quality manager keeps that player with an appropriate level of focus and keeps him from overstepping. There’s a reason this has happened twice in the last 2 years and 0 times before that.

I guess I expect more accountability from a grown ass man, his antics last night were disgraceful 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still hoping to see the White Sox go on a nice winning streak but reality says that ain't going happen. There is no reason for this team to be so ridiculously bad but as we watch every game, they continue to defy any logical explanation.  I believe somebody posted sometime ago  that perhaps the players are trying to get TLR fired, while that seems far fetched to me it would be a plausible reason to explain all the nighmarish play,  head scratching mistakes and mind boggling lack of effort this team has shown us this season.  This team is a mental case at best  but I'll continue to hope things get turned around while not being surprised if things get worse.

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

When there’s no accountability from the organization why should he police himself?

Because there’s such thing as personal accountability, rather than just doing stuff because you can get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, it was stupid, but it’s nice to see some emotion at times.  These guys look like they are just going through the motions most of the time.

I 100% agree with you. It is just nice to see somebody give a crap. Even though he needed to be more in control of himself. I can see why he was upset because the 2nd at back there was a pitch about 5" inside and high that was called a strike.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

All the money has been on Chicago this morning (up from -169 to -189).

Cueto will not pitch 9 innings, and Tony will be in the dugout deciding who replaces him.

Be afraid, very afraid.

No worries....Joe Kelly should be back

• TLR 1

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I 100% agree with you. It is just nice to see somebody give a crap. Even though he needed to be more in control of himself. I can see why he was upset because the 2nd at back there was a pitch about 5" inside and high that was called a strike.

He’s turned into a very selfish player in how he plays and acts on the field

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, it was stupid, but it’s nice to see some emotion at times.  These guys look like they are just going through the motions most of the time.

It didn't look like LaRussa did much to defend his player.  Honestly it might be a bit stupid but one of the reasons I hated LaRussa the first time was his lawyerly argumentative style.  If you are going out there to argue with an ump, let him have it.  Go Earl Weaver on his ass....and buy him a drink later if you feel you need to do that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, wegner said:

It didn't look like LaRussa did much to defend his player.  Honestly it might be a bit stupid but one of the reasons I hated LaRussa the first time was his lawyerly argumentative style.  If you are going out there to argue with an ump, let him have it.  Go Earl Weaver on his ass....and buy him a drink later if you feel you need to do that.

Larussa got out there pretty late. Maybe because he just can't move as fast but other managers would have been in there right away.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Larussa got out there pretty late. Maybe because he just can't move as fast but other managers would have been in there right away.

I'm sure it's just that he doesn't move quickly.  But if you're gonna take the time to go out there and get tossed, get your $ worth.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm sure it's just that he doesn't move quickly.  But if you're gonna take the time to go out there and get tossed, get your $ worth.

Yeah it's just disappointing.   I'm a firm believer in the idea that this baseball team has morphed into the characteristic of their manager. I strongly believe that if we had some sort of a Fiery manager that this team would play a lot better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Quin said:

Throwing for Chicago:

Johnny Cueto

4-4, 2.89 ERA, 58k

cueto.0.0.png

Throwing for Oakland:

Some guy I've never heard of named "Paul Blackburn."

6-6, 4.35 ERA, 82 strikeouts. Pretty much the definition of an average pitcher.

ratio3x2_1800.jpg

Trying to figure out why I've never heard of Paul, I looked him up. He's only pitched against the Sox twice and neither start was remarkable. After 6 seasons with Oakland, he's got a 2.1 fWAR at age 28 for a rebuilding team.

After 6 seasons with the White Sox, Leury Garcia had a 2.0 fWAR at age 28 for a rebuilding team.

He also represented Oakland in the All-Star game. Now, someone had to represent Oakland. But this guy got in and Cease didn't because the Sox weren't getting two players (Hendriks as a relief pitcher replacement notwithstanding) and the A's are so bad that their Leury Garcia is their All-Star.

And they beat the Sox 7-3 last night.

So anyway, the Sox can keep losing to the A's and break our hearts because of so many dumb mistakes.

Or they can follow this man to victory.

Johnny-Cueto-throws-eight-shutout-inning 

The only pitcher to throw past the 7th inning is ...Johnny Cueto.  Mambawamba!  How many complete games did Lamar Hoyt throw?  Blackjack McDowell?  Mark Buerhle?  And we don't have but 1 pitcher who pitched past the 7th?  🤣.  NBA is more watchable imo.  

30 minutes ago, pcq said:

Tim plays with an edge and he's our guy. People are overt reacting. 

Seriously.  Players and Coaches have been in umpires faces for 100+ years.  Schwarber’s outburst at Hernandez earlier this year was viral and cool but Tim Anderson “tapping” an umpire on accident crosses the line?  

About time someone on this team shows emotion.

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Yeah it's just disappointing.   I'm a firm believer in the idea that this baseball team has morphed into the characteristic of their manager. I strongly believe that if we had some sort of a Fiery manager that this team would play a lot better.

I'm not sure what that is but there is a lot of complacency in the coaches.  If your base runners are stupid treat them that way and pay attention so they don't get picked off.  We have no idea what these players do to prepare themselves between games.

I heard Bruce Levine this morning on the radio. He said there will be major changes  this off season with the players on the White Sox.  Some of the  major players on this team won't be here next year. He must know something the rest of us  don't. It will be a very curious off season.

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

15 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I heard Bruce Levine this morning on the radio. He said there will be major changes  this off season with the players on the White Sox.  Some of the  major players on this team won't be here next year. He must know something the rest of us  don't. It will be a very curious off season.

I agree with Levine, I won't be surprised to see TA the first one traded. I've had enough of Moncada but who would want him and his contract.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t even believe Tim thinks this, I think there’s just no one in charge in the dugout so there’s no one keeping Tim’s emotions and focus where it needs to be.

I'm surprised that more of our players aren't getting tossed since Tony got in the dugout. I can't believe anyone would expect Tim on his own to be focused enough and be in check emotionally to remember that bumping an umpire is bad. 

1 hour ago, Dan Pasqua said:

The only pitcher to throw past the 7th inning is ...Johnny Cueto.  Mambawamba!  How many complete games did Lamar Hoyt throw?  Blackjack McDowell?  Mark Buerhle?  And we don't have but 1 pitcher who pitched past the 7th?  🤣.  NBA is more watchable imo.  

Good point but starters everywhere are throwing less innings. Expand the roster by two or three pitchers and eliminate a "starter". Everyone tosses one or two innings. 

• Quin locked and unpinned this topic