Smoking brisket and baseballs - Kopech v. the ghost of Adam Eaton and Lance Lynn (Dane Dunning) 6:05pm

he gone.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Thing that sucks is it’s too late to make an impactful change. I’m sure even if Frank got fired, it would just be someone who shares his philosophy.

Are we sure that Barkett shares Menechino’s philosophy?  He seems to be more about swing mechanics: get into your legs and drive the ball.  I like the progress Sosa, Rodriguez, and Cespedes made at Birmingham this year.  They all have started walking more.  Maybe hire Barkett or Charlie Romero.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I agree to an extent. This core isn’t good enough to compete with the top teams in baseball.

I've been screaming that for 13 months. It was beyond obvious a year ago. 

I remember getting a metric ton of shit last year and this winter for that opinion. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I agree to an extent. This core isn’t good enough to compete with the top teams in baseball.

Again, this is the only thing that matters with the organization, and it’s why there isn’t an easy answer. 

We all know Hahn and Kenny aren’t going anywhere. So if they blow it up again, why should we expect anything different? 

Additionally, this is NOT the same situation as last time. Because this season has gotten so bad, there is suddenly a ton of bad money on this team. Moncada, Eloy, even Robert don’t have a ton of value, if any at all. You trading Cease? So you’re going into a 5-6 year rebuild? 

If I was totally in charge, I fire the entire FO, as well as the coaching staff (obviously) but I try it again for the next two years with this core. They’ve invested too much at this point, you almost have to see it though. If it’s still the same lifeless ball by the trade deadline of 2023, I think I’m blowing it up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Damn right. The prospects are 10 times more fun to watch than the major league club this season.

I agree, until they come up and seemingly lose all their tools.  Some of the guys they’ve messed up is hard to believe.  

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Again, this is the only thing that matters with the organization, and it’s why there isn’t an easy answer. 

We all know Hahn and Kenny aren’t going anywhere. So if they blow it up again, why should we expect anything different? 

Additionally, this is NOT the same situation as last time. Because this season has gotten so bad, there is suddenly a ton of bad money on this team. Moncada, Eloy, even Robert don’t have a ton of value, if any at all. You trading Cease? So you’re going into a 5-6 year rebuild? 

If I was totally in charge, I fire the entire FO, as well as the coaching staff (obviously) but I try it again for the next two years with this core. They’ve invested too much at this point, you almost have to see it though. If it’s still the same lifeless ball by the trade deadline of 2023, I think I’m blowing it up. 

They have to reshape the roster though.  Time to get more athletic and a few lefty hitters.  Vaughn absolutely should be dealt, and I know he’s a lefty, but I would be surprised if Yoan is back next year. 

It is easy for Stone to criticize and suggest that players are not working hard enough.  These guys can work 24/7 trying to improve but they just aren't very good.

The Sox are probably the 15th best team out of 30. ...maybe.  All the disappointment is due to inflated expectations from the likes of Rick Hahn and people in the sports media. It is sport for a lot of fans and people in the media to build up a team or a player, promote inflated expectations.,then rip them a new @ hole and spend hours whining about how they fvked up. That's what is done here, every day.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They have to reshape the roster though.  Time to get more athletic and a few lefty hitters.  Vaughn absolutely should be dealt, and I know he’s a lefty, but I would be surprised if Yoan is back next year. 

With guys like Yoan, there’s no good that happens by moving him. Either he gets better with a different coaching staff next year, or he gets closer to done with his contract. No one is giving anything of value with his current performance.

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Beast said:

How about this lineup?

Anderson - SS

Robert - CF

Jimenez - DH

Abreu - 1B

Vaughn - LF

Pollock - RF

Zavala - C 

Harrison - 2B

Moncada - 3B

And run it out there every day for 2 weeks. See where they are at the end of the 2 weeks. 

Just now, tray said:

It is easy for Stone to criticize and suggest that players are not working hard enough.  These guys can work 24/7 trying to improve but they just aren't very good.

The Sox are probably the 15th best team out of 30. ...maybe.  All the disappointment is due to inflated expectations from the likes of Rick Hahn and people in the sports media. It is sport for a lot of fans and people in the media to build up a team or a player, promote inflated expectations.,then rip them a new @ hole and spend hours whining about how they fvked up. That's what is done here, every day.

Does it look like Moncada takes his fitness seriously?