AND THAT'S A DYLAN CEASE ALMOST NO HITTER WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Great win. Cease is so good. Hahn acquired him so there's that in Rick's corner.

Well you Tony haters were right. Sox are a different team without elderly Tony. (I wish him good health of course). So as Sox fans at the stadium tonight (what a great crowd) we posters should go all-in again until they let us down if they do. There's reason to believe it's a new team without Tony. This team is capable of playing good baseball the rest of the way. I won't even mention one negative thing tonight.

Cmon Sox. Without Tony you are a different team. These guys have a chance to discover how winning is actually fun and Sox fans will cheer a winning team that tries hard. 

I'm not saying Sox will keep winning but "once again" for the zillionth time we fans should at least give them yet another chance. GREAT WIN tonight and again, this is what the Sox 'should' do against pathetic Central teams.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

27 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Well you Tony haters were right. Sox are a different team without elderly Tony. (I wish him good health of course). So as Sox fans at the stadium tonight (what a great crowd) we posters should go all-in again until they let us down if they do. There's reason to believe it's a new team without Tony. This team is capable of playing good baseball the rest of the way. I won't even mention one negative thing tonight.

Cmon Sox. Without Tony you are a different team. These guys have a chance to discover how winning is actually fun and Sox fans will cheer a winning team that tries hard. 

I'm not saying Sox will keep winning but "once again" for the zillionth time we fans should at least give them yet another chance. GREAT WIN tonight and again, this is what the Sox 'should' do against pathetic Central teams.

The waters wear the stones: thou washest away the things which grow out of the dust of the earth; and thou destroyest the hope of man.

- JOB 14:19 KJV

Was there for the bar crawl tonight and watched BP. Some notes of interest:

Romy was crushing bombs in BP, looked great. Nice to see him follow through in the game. 

Kopech looked healthy running down fly balls. Hope they're right and he pitches in Seattle. 

Moncada took BP, did not look great. Not hitting the ball with any authority. 

It was nice to see Cairo in the outfield with the boys running around with a fungo having a good time. It's very refreshing. 

Crowd was electric and I'm starting to invest again after giving up after the Kopech/KC disaster. 

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

14 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

There was a point during the game where they showed Moncada in the dugout and I found myself thinking, “I don’t think this is a better team if he’s in the lineup right now.”

Maybe that is true… maybe it isn’t.

• Like 1

“I was going to empty the tank and give everything I got,” Cease said of his ninth inning approach. “It’s an incredibly difficult feat to achieve. It definitely would have meant a lot.”

All this means brother, is that when you do throw a no-no it’ll mean just a little bit more to you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

DeRosa can kiss my a$$. He probably hasn't watched 3 entire Sox games all year. Wants to play "tough, old school guy" to pretend he's relevant. Wants to manage. Worthless ex-Cub. Stay away from our team. 

f*** the Cubs!

f*** Mark Derosa!

1532532965_mark-derosa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, hi8is said:

There was a point during the game where they showed Moncada in the dugout and I found myself thinking, “I don’t think this is a better team if he’s in the lineup right now.”

Maybe that is true… maybe it isn’t.

You're right. Harrison is a better hitter now and the defense doesn't suffer much when Harrison plays third. Then Romy at 2nd may not be as  good of a fielder but may be a better hitter than Harrison.

The offense is noticeably better while the defense isn't notably worse.

Since the All Star game Harrison's line is .281, .331, .363, .695

Moncada's line is .172, .276, .276, .552

Seems to me that since Yoan has had some luck in late inning situations driving in runs , he would be best suited to pinch hitting and defensive replacement. I hope once he's off the IL that they don't make the mistake of starting him any more.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
stats
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Was there for the bar crawl tonight and watched BP. Some notes of interest:

Romy was crushing bombs in BP, looked great. Nice to see him follow through in the game. 

Kopech looked healthy running down fly balls. Hope they're right and he pitches in Seattle. 

It was nice to see Cairo in the outfield with the boys running around with a fungo having a good time. It's very refreshing. 

Crowd was electric and I'm starting to invest again after giving up after the Kopech/KC disaster. 

You never really gave up; you were just pissed off.