9/20 Sox vs Cleveland

BamaDoc

38 minutes ago, wegner said:

Hand seems to be obviously bothering him 

36 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Something with his hand. The tinfoil hat in me says he's playing it up for some reason but I have no idea why. His reactions don't make any sense regardless

35 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It’s definitely a wrist injury. It started when Schoop landed on his wrist on like August 11. 

They played the stupid dumb foolish “don’t put him on the IL” game  and brought him back 6 days later.

He had 4 good strong games then aggravated the injury on a swing at the end of the 4th game. That was like on August 22 or so.

He has I believe 1 hit win  since then.

I’ll never understand why they don’t IL players and bench them instead. Their philosophy must be to deal with soft tissue injuries and not structural injuries instead of putting them on the IL. Then they must put Robert out there as a possible threat to turn it on and have a great game. Or the injury he has is one where he can play through it and they are trading defense for offense. Then again we don’t know specifics of the injuries but I don’t think the bench to avoid the IL is a great one.

Just now, fathom said:

Maybe it’s time Katz gets some blame also

No, Cairo can overrule something insane if that's what is happening.

Katz "So I have a great feeling about Lambert, lets warm him up after Cease"

Cairo "No, that sounds stupid.  Warm up Reylo"

See

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

We didn’t play yesterday, so we should have had veteran relievers available to pitch ahead of a rookie. Lopez or Kelly or even Bummer to start the inning Was a better option, or Lambert should have been pulled after the first walk where he showed no control whatsoever.  Cairo disappointed with this TLR type move.

3 batter rule . Couldn't be pulled after the 1st walk.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Maybe it’s time Katz gets some blame also

Unreal. ReyLo warming up now. He is normally our 7th inning pitcher.  We just made the game a bullpen game against a very tough bullpen.  Lead had to be protected with the best.  I am really pissed at another managerial unforced error. If we lose this game the Lambert decision could be of the worst if not the worst of the year.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Twins pretty much mimicking the Padres collapse last year.

Probably causes a job loss for either Falvey and/or Baldelli.   Plus they don't have a replacement for Correa with Royce Lewis down with another ACL.   Could go to Gordon, potentially.   

Baldelli is not a good manager.  He is probably out IMO.

• Like 1