9/20 Sox vs Cleveland

BamaDoc

Just now, wegner said:

I think it would've been totally fine to call out Diekman for handing them those last 2 runs, but thats just me.

I’d like a manager who actually holds these bums accountable.  Cairo is to blame, and so is the rest of them aside from Abreu.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I’d like a manager who actually holds these bums accountable.  Cairo is to blame, and so is the rest of them aside from Abreu.

I'd like an owner who holds his inept, dysfunctional and incompetent front office accountable myself.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

So many of them seemed nervous tonight. Lambert, in particular, seemed like the moment was too big for him.  The relief effort tonight reminded me of the 2020 game 3 debacle 

Graveman too. Liam was probably the only guy from the bullpen that looked like he wanted to be there.

37 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:
11th game this year the Sox led in the 7th inning or later...and lost.

Bummer, who has hardly played at all this year, has been directly responsible for blowing three of those games.

This season is over...all that remains is to try and have a winning season.

That's some small consolation from a "World Series contender" isn't it?

🤡

1. Hahn claimed the Sox were in a "Multi-Championship Window", and haven't even sniffed being one of the top 4-6 teams in October.

2. Assuming the Sox are finished, I want a 79 or less win season, so Hahn finishes with one 80 + win season in his career.

Tony has four in ten seasons with the White Sox (1982, 1983, 1985, 2021), shouldn't be credited with a fifth even if they win four more games, since they were 63-65 under his tired old ass, and he's just mooching wins off of Miguel at this point because he doesn't have the decency to retire permanently.

I know some on this board think that we can fill 2B with a combo of Romy/Yolbert/Sosa next year but if this team is serious about competing in 2023 they need to think about bringing Andrus back to play 2B. He's a breath of fresh air compared to other the brain dead players we have on this team. He probably won't hit this well next year, but if you can get him on a short term Harrison-esque deal next year you do it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wegner said:

I thought Lopez looked good....why does he never go more than 1 inning?

Lambert and Bummer are at the head of the line to wear this one.  They should be publicly humiliated. (I'm not serious about that part, are you guys who are asking for this serious?)  Whole bullpen needs to be taken apart and put back together for '23.  Lotta wasted $$ that could be paying for position players.

Robert had his best hacks in a while, if anyone gives a hoot in a rain barrel.  Jose drove that tying single, unlike his seeing eye ground balls of past weeks.  I didn't realize he went 6 weeks between homers.  Sorry for using a counting statistic. He's toast with this team if I had anything to do with it.

More guilt on the FO than the dugout for '22.  And JR for shoving Tony down their throat.  These guys pay the bills and have the power to impose their will.  Why do they always seem to do it in the wrong matters?

Edited by Stinky Stanky

Tough loss. A really well played game until the Diekman/Zavala implosion in the 11th. Cleveland just out-hustled, out worked, and out-managed the Sox. 

Myles Straw… Myles fricking Straw. If it wasn’t for Elvis, Jose, and Eloy the Sox would have had zero offense. Gamers. The Guardians just have more than we do.

I hope this loss hurts every member of this team. Maybe it will be a good thing if we miss the playoffs. Something needs to motivate this team.

Lastly, I hope Lambert recovers from this okay. He’s been decent this year but he should not have been out there tonight. It’s why you don’t rely on rookies in a pennant chase.

• Hawk 1

3 hours ago, fathom said:

So many of them seemed nervous tonight. Lambert, in particular, seemed like the moment was too big for him.  The relief effort tonight reminded me of the 2020 game 3 debacle 

this has been a common theme for this team since the Chris Rongey days (I mentioned this a week or so ago)

even Hawk would talk about them having a sphincter so tight you couldn't pull a golf ball out with a pair of pliers

they are organizationally weak minded and psychologically fragile. need a complete tear down of coaching/leadership to change this very glaring flaw

• TLR 1

Woke up feeling just as bad as when I went to bed.  My random thoughts.  Really random.

Wish someone would tell Moncada and Eloy to get rid of the ridiculous shoes.                                               Didn't like Cairo's decision to pitch Hendriks in the 9th.                                                                                        I feel for Jimmy Lambert.  He looked distraught.                                                                                                   The Sox need to do something about team speed.                                                                                               Moncada needs to see a shrink.    The look of fear of failure shows on his face too often.                           Don't blame LaRussa,   blame Hahn.                                                                                                                          I want Jose Abreu back next year!

Being a sports fan is a humbling experience.  This will be my epitaph.

"You can't win them all.  Even the Mighty White Sox lose one once and a while"                                                              

Edited by MikeKreevich
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

6 hours ago, fathom said:

If we are being honest, that moment was too big for Lambert. He has been competent in the pen this second half but he hasn’t been in a situation like that - handed a lead in a must win game - heck I doubt he’s been on the bench for that. That’s why he shouldn’t have been in.