Official NBA 22-23

6 hours ago, scs787 said:

Real disappointed they didn't get Mo Bamba. At this point I'd give Bol Bol a shot. I don't think he's ever gonna be great, but he was a good rim protector and definitely adds size. 

They've added shooting and if you squint real hard Carter looks like he could be a starting level PG. 

Has the Ball exception gone through?? 

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I can't stand that they let javon freeman-liberty go. I have like zero confidence that this guy will be worthless. He'sl ikely the next dinwiddie for sure now.

I think they should have taken him over Lewis, especially cause Lewis is coming off that injury, but I've seen the Bulls burned by Antonio Blakeney and other high scoring G-Leaguers and summer leaguers.

Dinwiddie didn't have a remarkable G-League - everyone else was scoring - but he had size and once he had the ball more in the G-League he was racking up assists and steals. I think of Caruso saying that teams look for the dudes that fill up the stat sheet in ways other than scoring when it comes to fringe guys.

JFL definitely fills the scoring - and got plenty of boards for a guard in the G-League - but he got 3 assists compared to Dinwiddie's 8.

I'm more worried about a Max Strus scenario than Dinwiddie.

thank you for listening to my ramble

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I think they should have taken him over Lewis, especially cause Lewis is coming off that injury, but I've seen the Bulls burned by Antonio Blakeney and other high scoring G-Leaguers and summer leaguers.

Dinwiddie didn't have a remarkable G-League - everyone else was scoring - but he had size and once he had the ball more in the G-League he was racking up assists and steals. I think of Caruso saying that teams look for the dudes that fill up the stat sheet in ways other than scoring when it comes to fringe guys.

JFL definitely fills the scoring - and got plenty of boards for a guard in the G-League - but he got 3 assists compared to Dinwiddie's 8.

I'm more worried about a Max Strus scenario than Dinwiddie.

thank you for listening to my ramble

The counterpoint is now we see Masai Ujiri signed him to a 2-way contract.

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Alright Bulls - give up the pick we have from Portland to get Jrue.  I'm not saying it makes the Bulls great - but Jrue certainly makes them better.  

i'm impressed that nobody here even bothered entertaining the bulls interest in Dame.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

i'm impressed that nobody here even bothered entertaining the bulls interest in Dame.

Until this front office does something interesting - I am just so complacent. I shouldn't be, because sadly, the Bulls are the best of my 3 teams (Sox /  Bears are hopeless).  With that said - there is very little to actually look forward for the Bulls - since they are basically a .500 team, who is probably going to start a new rebuild at the end of this season.  

40 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Alright Bulls - give up the pick we have from Portland to get Jrue.  I'm not saying it makes the Bulls great - but Jrue certainly makes them better.  

It's gonna cost them a lot more than that. If I'm Portland, I'd want the pick back and Patrick Williams plus whatever salary fillers make the deal workout.

Edited by chw42